Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Doc Asked Me To Be A Mentor.

I went in for a fill today cause I have started to creep up a little. My fill doc wanted to know if I would like to be a mentor for a new lap bandster. I reminded her that I wasnt even at my goal yet. She said that didnt matter. I am at 75% of my excess weight, so I am doing better than the average at my time frame. I am still losing (fairly slow pace) so she thinks I would make a good mentor.

I told her I would. I am hoping that it helps me as well to keep on track and revisit the basics more often.

Good for you! You can practice on us! smile.png

That's awesome! What an honor!

oh consider it a compliment! congratulations on weight loss,

I think its a great idea, it will help to refocus you on your goal. Well done so far.

Jago

That is great! Newbies need mentors. Your Dr thinks you have done a great job. Congratulations!!

Cheri

My Dr. asked me to speak at one of the support groups.....I said "Trust me, You don't wnat me telling them the way I look at things and the way I go about it"

b52, I talked at one seminar in december. I didnt like it, only because I dont like to talk in front of a big crowd. But I think you would be good. you have done amazing.

Yeah for you both. That is an honor that I am sure that both doctor's are aware that you deserve. Good luck in mentoring and speaking to your group. I haven't gone to a follow up group as it is held 40-50 miles from my home at night. I wish that there was alocal one, I could use the support from someone other than family. My family is great, 2 members have lapband, but outside people would help, too!

b52, I talked at one seminar in december. I didnt like it, only because I dont like to talk in front of a big crowd. But I think you would be good. you have done amazing.

They would stop me ASAP as soon as I tell them I never counted calories or measured my portions!

I am pretty much the same as you. I did at the beginning with measuring an calories, but havent done it in awhile. I keep wanting to get back to it to help lose my last 15 or so. Thats why I wonder if I would be a good mentor. But I can be very encouraging!!!

seems like something we should all do! No getting complacent for you! That is really a nice compliment.

Hopeto lose, you are rocking it! 75% is awesome! Congrats!

They would stop me ASAP as soon as I tell them I never counted calories or measured my portions!

I don't think they would want me to either. I'm with you on the no measuring or counting. There are so many details that are just not the way it has to be.

I agree, but after awhile, I think that you just know what you can and can't eat, so calorie counting isn't that important. I still use a salad plate and fork, tho'.