Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Bad Fill...4Cc

Just got my first band fill with 4cc's. 10lbs lost :( since sugery January 6th. I hope this will kick it in gear! I already notice a difference in the amount of food I am eating,

What about you?

Why do you make a sad face at 10 lbs lost in 6 weeks? That is fabulous! The first 6 weeks post-op are really for healing more than losing. Bandsters can generally expect 1-2 pounds per week average loss. You had 1.5.

In my first 6 weeks I lost 0. Yep, zero. You should be doing hand springs in celebration! smile.png

Wow 4ccs that is a lot. I was about 2 years with only 3.5 cc and it was sometimes hard for me. My Dr went very slowly on ½ cc at a time. But my fills always took a week or 2 to kick in and twice I had to get a small unfill. But Drs. all have their own way to do it. What size band do you have? Great work on the weightloss!!

Cheri

I have a question...why does it take a week or two for a fill to "kick in". I don't understand why it isn't instantaneous. I really want to know. I got a fill today and I am at 5.25 ccs in a 10cc band. I am starting to feel restriction finally. I was banded on Dec.22, 2011. Also, why do they make you drink only clear liquid after a fill for 24 hours? Thanks, Jen

I do not know why it takes so long. But at first I could feel it in the office or walking to the car. Then it would take about 6 hours and after about 1½ years it would take about a week and then wow it would hit. Maybe air moves, or the fuild moves around heck I don't know, you would have to experience it. lol

Cheri

It can take a while for the liquid to settle in the band. Remember the band is connected to living/moving tissue. It's getting josaled around constantly.

The fill should jump start the loss again. I lost 7 lbs in the 10 days after my first fill on Feb. 10. Now I am more steady at about 2 lbs a week. I got 5 cc in my band at the fill.

I think that the liquid diet after the fill is similar to the need after the surgery. Body needs to adjust to the new sensation of restriction. Don't want to put too much pressure on a "new set-up".

My first fill (and only) was also 4 ccs. I think I am in the green zone with one fill. I hope your fill settles in as well as mine did.

My first fill was just 1cc in my 10cc band. I go back in about 3 weeks for another small fill. Right now find myself still a bit hungry in the evenings, but have been sticking to small portions so I am not "full." In the mornings, however, It is a whole different story! I usually have soy milk with Protein Powder (to start the day out right) or Greek yogurt or something of the sort. This morning I thought I would finish off some leftover tuna salad and I put about a Tbs on a half of a Rykrisp. I took a bite, chewed, swallowed and immediately knew that was a mistake. Pain, pain, pain ... Felt like a heart attack but I knew it was stuck. It only lasted a minute thankfully, but I now I know mornings are not my time for hard foods ... And I will always, always remember to start out slow with anything new, just in case! With so litlle in my band, it didn't really seem like that could happen, I was banded Jan 18 so just trying to share what I am learning and learn from all of you!

I just had my 3rd fill and am at 4 cc's. I feel restriction the first week after a fill and then it goes away. So kind of the opposite of most I guess. It is definately a process! I haven't lost but 5 pounds since surgery 4 months ago. I'm just patiently waiting for the right fill to get me in the green zone!

Haven't had a fill yet, get first fill end of March. The doctor said he puts in 3 cc on the first fill. I thought that might be a lot, but reading the posts, I guess not.

I just got home from my 2nd fill, surgery exactly 2 months ago. Had 1 CC put in (total 6 cc's in a 10 cc band. 12 lb loss since last fill. just trying to go slow and steady.

I got my first fill today and he put in 3cc's. He had me drink a glass of Water to see if it went down. It did..but very slowly. Like I could still feel water in my throat. Im used to gulping down 24oz of water in 30 min and now Im sipping cause now that Im home it feels like the water is slowly draining from my throat to my chest. Is that normal? On a happy note..today I went in and I have lost 25lbs since being banded on 1/27/2012!~~

I had to wait 6 weeks.