Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone? Am I The Only One In April?

I'm all set for April 2nd and ready to learn as much as I can from everyone here!

I have so many questions, I don't even know where to start. Just wanted to post how exciting this is for me.

Feel like I'm finally taking control.

43 days and counting.

j~

How do I attach the weight tracker on here?

Congrats ScorpioLady. I am a tiny bit jealous. Wish mine was April but sounds like mine wil be in May. Waiting on insurance approval. I am also a Scorpio. I toally understand the taking control.

Thank you Deb... That control statement makes me sound like I'm a controlling B, but I'm really not. Just feel like my weight is something I've never had a handle on which seems strange for me. If I can quit smoking (over 8 yrs ago) why don't I have enough self control to get the pounds off. I've heard to first step is admitting you have a problem and asking for help! So here I am!! FINALLY giving up control, understanding I have a problem and asking for support and help.

I'm humble, smile.png

41 days and counting,

j~

Long time ago i heard something and it always stuck. The smoking thing is a much easier battle to win cause you can stop it and not have to be around it or do it again, you cant STOP eating. you must eat to live. So not like you can just lay down food walk away to never return. So that makes it so hard. I was a very slim person till i had my first son and since then got larger and larger. Lost weight a few times but always after a bit went back to my old ways and gained it back. I cant do this without help. THe band is the help i have been looking for. I been wanting it for years but i had a job where the insurance would not pay. I switched Jobs in July. My insurance kicked in Aug and by Sept i was at the surgeons Office. This is so important to me.

Sounds like me... up and down for years with fewer downs. My youngest is 20 now so I can't use that as an excuse anymore and trust me, I worked that one for years. I've been on a steady incline for over 9 yrs now and done every diet out there. I lose 5, start my period and gain 6, and that 6 holds on so I have to start over each month. The "divorce diet" didn't even work for me! hehe Just kidding I think I lost a pound or two.

Sounds like we'll be pretty close enough in surgery dates to watch each others back. I put down my deposit yesterday so as far as I'm concerned my date is set in stone now.

woooohooo! May will be here before you know it!

j~

My youngest child is 18 now. I have lost weight really well a couple times in the last few years but just couldnt keep up the dieting and then would gain it all plus more back. I would love to help each other on this journey.

Congrats Tahnees... I was really starting to wonder if April was like a taboo month to have this done. The thread seemed sorta quiet. I soooooooooooo glad that Monday fell on April 2 instead of April 1st. It would be just my luck to get a jokster surgeon!

Deb, I'm so excited about this journey! Finally something I'm doing just for myself. Looking forward to sharing it with you and can always use the support!

hoot hoot biggrin.png

NO! We must be positive! This will work! We just need to learn from everyone else on here and do what needs to be done!

No more chunky monkies!

Tah.. where are you having your surgery?

Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. I'm self pay and have no problem going into Mexico. I live in AZ.

I'm self pay as well. I looked into Dr Ortiz, he is suppose to be a great dr. I really wanted the new plication but he doesn't do the band with it, he does one or the other. But he has amazing prices! I can't wait to hear about ur experience. We have to keep each other updated!

Your on my friends list and for sure, we'll keep connected!

j~

I will be joining you ladies with an April surgery. Was hoping for March, but just got approved today and will be told surgery date on Friday....but Im sure it will be in April. It's been a very long process for me. Many starts and stops. This is a huge change and Im going to embrace it and make it work. Will look forward to following you. -G