Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Sick And Tired Of...

Hey all! I am due to be banded on the 20th of this month (so excited! I'm 19, 5'9 and 340 pounds) and I am trying to get more involved in lapband communities such as this one as well as going to support group meetings. I thought that this would be a fun little topic for us to all share what we are "sick and tired" of when it comes to our weight/size. Even if it's just one thing, I'm sure we would all be interested in hearing what it is that you are excited to see change when you lose your weight! And those who have been banded, tell us newbie's what went away for you! ; )

- I'm sick and tired of having to ask for a seatbelt extension every time I travel on an airplane (often)

- I'm sick and tired of not being able to steal my mom's cute clothes out of her closet because she is like a million sizes smaller

- I'm sick and tired of people asking me why I eat too much

- I'm sick and tired of wearing my pants over my fat and not at my waist where they belong

- I'm sick and tired of not being able to wear pants with buttons anymore. Hello stretchy jeans...

- I'm sick and tired of not being able to get a massage from our masseuse because I don't want to get (basically) naked

- I'm sick and tired of dodging out or faking sick when it's time to take pictures/family pictures

- I'm sick and tired of thinking about food all of the time. I need to break this hold that food has on me!

- I'm sick and tired of not being able to work out like I want to because I can't do it for more than twenty minutes at a time

- I'm sick and tired of being judged for how I look

- I'm sick and tired of not being able to ride on most rides at World's of Fun because I can't buckle or fully secure the bar

- I'm sick and tired of not having more cute clothes to choose from

- I'm sick and tired of thinking that I might not be able to have kids because my biggest goal in live is to be a teacher and a mom

And dang it, I'm sick and tired of all of this weight! I need help, so I went off and dove into the great unknown of WLS, hoping for the best. My AMAZING insurance (BCBS of Kansas) covers all but my deductible for the year, so I am thankful for that. But who would have thought that ten months after I first questioned my doctor about the surgery that I would have a scheduled date. Not me! My insurance approved me on a Thursday when I sent for it on TUESDAY! Two days!

But anyways, enough with my ranting!

that's a whole lotta "sick and tireds" that will be a thing of the past! Good luck to you, you are now less than a week away!

Girl, I'm sick and tired, of being sick and tired! Even right now that have lost 33 lbs I can't enjoy it because my head hurts like crazy, my lp md said its the bp meds Ive been taking that are probably too strong now at my new body weight. Called regular dr and they can't get me in for a week ! But as hubby says its like this now, the good stuff will come soon, so I say to you, the good stuff will come soon!

I was sick and tired of:

• Feeling tired if I walked too fast
  • Only being able to shop in one shop (the big girls' shop) in the entire mall
  • Worrying that the next time I saw my Dr, he was going to tell me I had diabetes, or heart problems
  • Not wanting to be in any photos (and therefore now looking like I was not there the entire time my son was growing up)
  • Having people say 'she's got a pretty face' because they couldn't think of anything nicer to say

Those are just some things. I learnt more things once I lost the weight. I never realised how 'invisible' I was in a crowd until I lost the weight and suddenly wasn't invisible anymore. But that's a whole different thread!

That's so awesome! I'm about to turn 19, but I got my surgery at 18, exact same height, and only ten pounds lighter than you. Just look at me now! Almost 100 pounds down since April 25. Just do what the doctor says, and you're doing to do great! :) We're young. We have higher metabolisms on our side!

I was/am sick and tired of:

- Being scared at social events when someone looked at me. I always thought they were talking about me.

- Being scared to eat in front of my friends and family.

- Being disgusted every time I looked at a picture of myself.

- Going to school and being known as the "fat" Elizabeth. They never confused me with the other ones...

I TOTALLY feel ya on the "one shop in the mall" thing. Can't wait to get my Buns in a cute pair of Gap jeans! Sounds like ur from the KC area? Blue Springs here, surgery March 1st. Btw, fun post!

I was sick and tired of trying fit into bathrooms stalls. omg some of those were small !! lol

I was sick and tired of how I looked and felt about myself. I look and feel much better now...but I still have a long way to go.

I am hoping I get approved soon and I too am tired, tired of walking up the stairs and having to sit down cause I cant breath and I want to ride the rides at the amusement parks with my kids and be able to be comfortable in a plane seat I can relate best of luck hope you start to feel life living again ur so young ur life is a blank book ur in charge of ur furture write a beautiful story

sick and tired of all the things everyone mentioned but here s a new one sick and tired of wondering if i will fit into the booths of where my family is going out to eat scared I will have to ask them to sit at a table because I am afraid i will be squished into the booth with the table so tight on me!

oh and to the people that mentioned a exstention belt to fly I wont evan fly because I know I wont fit in the seat or the belot wont fit and now they are putting in smaller seats to carry more people on flights I have lost 45 pounds but I have told myself I wont fly until I loose 30 more

Oh i can so relate to everything you guys listed as being sick and tired of. I dont get my surgery till April and right now i am dieting like crazy cause i am going to Fla before my surgery and want to be able to at least ride some of the rides :(. Also i am so sick of when i go to lunch looking for chairs without arm rests cause i know how tight i will fit in them. I am also sick of my knees hurting me so bad at night cause they have been busy carrying around so much weight all day. I also have no real pics of me in years. Cause as long as i didnt have to see myself in pics i could fool myself about how big i really had become. I so want to wear cute jeans and tops.

You have such a GREAT attitude that I know you will do really well with a lapband. Good for you for knowing what you want at a young age and going for it!

All the above PLUS sick and tired of people moving to make a wide space for me when they see me coming, and turning away from me to make room so I can get by.

I am also sick and tired of having clothes sized up from 18 to 24 cause my weight has went and up down so many times in the years past. Fad diet lose then gain back... Kept clothes thinking i am going to fit into them again. I cant wait to just get rid of them all and wear one size.

Deb