Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hey bandsters i am going to have have my first fill on may 21. I am down 24 lbs. my question is did anyone who has had a fill have Any restrictions after their first fill?That is my only concern, cause right now i can eat anything.

I am not really feeling any restriction, I have 3cc's in my band and do not go back til the 22 for my second fill. Thinking about moving the appt up. scale has stalled but my clothes are feeling baggier. I know there is an adjustment period but it does make it tough.

Hi Judy! How'd your fill go? I'm doing well, and yes the energy level is going up. Work is good although extremely busy. Today is normally my day off but I have to go in for a meeting soon. Yes the weight loss is slower now but I'm happy with what I've lost so far. Hit 41 lbs this morning, I have to wait until July for the second fill, so far I don't feel a huge amount of restriction but do get full or satisfied much fast, and don't feel I get the "starving" sensation like before the surgery. It's an ongoing discovery and journey for sure! Hope all is well with you! Deb

hi Deb... good to hear about your weight loss so far, thats great news. You must be really encouraged by that. It sounds like you are really busy .. probably a good thing, you are pre occupied and dont have to think about the transition with food so much. lol.

im doing o.k. first fill was a breeze, on wednesday, ive got a tender port area now though, by the end of the day. Im feeling restriction but it well could be swelling still, its too soon to notice. Im still getting ''peckish'' though, before mealtimes. im having Protein Shakes with a banana in it. that helps a lot.

my next fill is june 20th... a little ways to go yet. Ive lost a 1/4 of my body weight so far, in seven weeks. im losing just over a pound a week. That suits me .. im too old to cope with rapid weight loss. Im feeling so much better, all the time. more energy, its easier now to bend down and pick things up , get out of the car, etc etc. my feet and legs are still doing well.. so all up im really pleased with it. Im not starving myself either.. i made up some great homemade Soup last night, enough to last for three days. its winter here and soup is on the menu. plus the fact i really like it. if i want more in it i just blend it in. Im having a fried egg of a morning and that goes down really well... much to my delight. that fills me more than anything first thing.

So.. all in all, both of us are doing well so far. Its great to hear from you. hugs for you judy :)

do you need my email address?? its chestermanjudith318@gmail.com

Thank you Judy, I will try and add you again today. How are you doing?

hi Deb... good to hear about your weight loss so far, thats great news. You must be really encouraged by that. It sounds like you are really busy .. probably a good thing, you are pre occupied and dont have to think about the transition with food so much. lol.

im doing o.k. first fill was a breeze, on wednesday, ive got a tender port area now though, by the end of the day. Im feeling restriction but it well could be swelling still, its too soon to notice. Im still getting ''peckish'' though, before mealtimes. im having Protein Shakes with a banana in it. that helps a lot.

my next fill is june 20th... a little ways to go yet. Ive lost a 1/4 of my body weight so far, in seven weeks. im losing just over a pound a week. That suits me .. im too old to cope with rapid weight loss. Im feeling so much better, all the time. more energy, its easier now to bend down and pick things up , get out of the car, etc etc. my feet and legs are still doing well.. so all up im really pleased with it. Im not starving myself either.. i made up some great homemade Soup last night, enough to last for three days. its winter here and soup is on the menu. plus the fact i really like it. if i want more in it i just blend it in. Im having a fried egg of a morning and that goes down really well... much to my delight. that fills me more than anything first thing.

So.. all in all, both of us are doing well so far. Its great to hear from you. hugs for you judy :)

You ladies are doing awesome. I had my second fill a week ago but she only put in .5 cc, still enough restriction. I am down 44 lbs and 29% of my body weight. I am quite proud of where I am at right now but would really like to be around the 200 mark by June but we will see. My husband and I are going to start working out at the gym now that I have the ok to do what ever I want when it comes to excercise and that I have gotten through my first year of Nursing School. I still have a problem getting the required amount of calories in, Protein I am really close on though. Good job on your success and I know that you ladies will continue to succeed.

hey bandsters i am going to have have my first fill on may 21. I am down 24 lbs. my question is did anyone who has had a fill have Any restrictions after their first fill?That is my only concern, cause right now i can eat anything.

I felt restriction after my first fill but not as much on the second because she didn't put as much in the second time. I think you are going to do fine.

im so sorry this has happened to you. they abused your trust. i hope that it all blows away very quickly. this is one reason why i didnt share at all only with two people.. hubbie and my youngest daughter. no one else. people are so fickle when it comes to lapband surgery. For some reason a lot of people feel threatened by others having it done. maybe its lack of self worth or weight issues that they have?? and not enough strength or whatever to do anything about it? One thing.. if anyone said to me that it was the easy way out.. there would be a verbal blast from me. its a hard road to hoe, but its well worth it. Sending you a big hug and i hope that you dont lose precious friends and neighbours over something that is none of their business. (( hugs )))

Wow that is rough. I am sorry you are not finding the support you need from your close friends and family but you have it from all of us. Don't get discouraged, you did this to help you not them and honestly their opinion doesn't count. You are doing an awesome job, keep your chin up and do your thing. I have had alot of support from my family, friends, co workers and classmates but I have also had some ridicule as well and you know it doesn't matter that people don't like what I have done, I know that I want to be around for my kids and their kids and I can't do that if I am overweight and killing my self with other health problems related to my obesity. So for those who don't like what I have done, they can find someone else to be friends with or talk about and think of it this way if they are talking about you, your life must be so much more interesting than their boring lives and jealously never got anyone anywhere :). Keep smiling and keep walking off those pounds. You are doing great and I am proud of you

Surgery date was 3/7/12. Been feeling down, although 30 pounds down since preop, i went shopping and after seeing my body, I was second guessing myself, thinking i should have opted for Sleeve or BYPASS, would be down 50 by now.. maybe in a size 18 instead of 22/...faster weight lost, less followup, less frustration.......right?

Then, I got a call from my dr. My blood work was perfect. 2 months ago i was border pre diabetic and bad Chol was high. Low Iron too! But, now, blood work was perfect!!! I am working out with less pains and more energy. Had to remind myself of why I made this decesion.

SOOOOOOO, I thought to myself....hard work and dedication goes hand in hand with the band. i do not have cravings anymore..and have not been binge eating. I am now excercising 5 days a week like I was doing 100 pounds ago. Slow and Steady works for me, the journey itself is one full of self reflection and change for the better!! Keep trucking Bandsters!!! And be sure to high five yourself for every accomplishment!!

Whoo hoo!! What an accomplishment. so proud of you, you know you have done the right thing and made the right decision. Just continue to remember the band is a tool to help you lose weight not the solution,you and the changes you are making are the solution. Great Job!!

Had my second fill on Thurday may 3rd... can't really feel a difference yet but all is good....

I was the same way with my second fill but my surgeon only put .5cc in the second go round. Looks like you are doing awesome on the weight loss. I am down 44lbs and would really like to be close to 200 by june but don' think I will be that close, oh well just another goal to work toward.

Hello march bandsters, I want to thank you all for your wisdom and encouragement. Your stories of your journey help me so much. I am down 27 lbs now and lose 1 or 1 1/2 lbs every week now. Slow but steady. My only problems are if I eat too fast , not chew enough or eat something too dry....I get a temporary discomfort above the band. This is nothing I can t handle. 2times of sliming but not PB ing. If I had not read about this on online, I would have been a little scared. Now I know this is all a learning experince about what I can eat. All in all I am pleased with how easy this has been so far. I know this could change as the band is tightened, I have read the scary horror stories but my bloodwork is better and meds are being reduced. This will buy me more time to enjoy grand babies. My skin is starting to look like a saggy baggy elephant. Melvan

I am not really feeling any restriction' date=' I have 3cc's in my band and do not go back til the 22 for my second fill. Thinking about moving the appt up. scale has stalled but my clothes are feeling baggier. I know there is an adjustment period but it does make it tough.[/quote']

Got my band on the 15th of march with nothing in it but felt some restriction. Then in April got 3 ccs and it seemed like it went the other way. I could eat as much as I wanted no restriction. I bumped up the dr. Appt and got another 3 last week. 6 total. What a difference...time to learn to eat slow small bites and I think the weight is gonna fall off. Hope this helps E

I am not really feeling any restriction, I have 3cc's in my band and do not go back til the 22 for my second fill. Thinking about moving the appt up. scale has stalled but my clothes are feeling baggier. I know there is an adjustment period but it does make it tough.

I feel the same exact way I had my first fill 2 weeks ago 3cc's I do not feel any restriction at all. I go back next week 5/19 for my next fill. I am praying that I feel some sort of restriction after the fill

HELP... BEEN DOING TERRIBLE THESE LAST FEW DAYS.... SO FAR AT EVERY APPOINTMENT I HAVE LOST 5-6 pounds but I guess I have hit bandster hell :( I am hungry all the time now since my last fill on May 3rd I would think I would have been better after a fill but not so much..... starting tomorrow I am going to kick this back in to gear before I become the lap band failure....... :ph34r:

Well fellow March peeps, I went in yesterday to get my 2nd fill and guess what? I'm the 2%. Yes, in 2% of lapbands the port flips as a complication, of course, that had to be me. So I have a flipped port and have to go back in to get a revision. They are calling the insurance company tomorrow for the authorizations, not sure how quick this takes place. He stuck me about 10 times trying to get the needle in before he realize it flipped, I'm fairly certain it flipped in there while he was poking me because it didn't hurt before and now its painful and I can feel the port under my ribs. Not excruitating just that short sharp pain that goes away if you change positions.Not sure if any of the rest of you have found any complications but I thought I'd share mine.

Newme - have you tried a liquid diet for a day or 2? i've heard that gets people back in gear as far as overeatings and losing weight. I know when Im forced to do the 2 day liquid diet after a fill the weight just drops off for that whole week.

Neekoal - im so sorry to hear about the flipped port!!! i've read on the boards here that its a simple procedure and that youre in and out. do you have a lap band or a realize band?