Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes I had a bruising at the port site also, it is normal

yes, i did think that it wasnt an issue. after all the muscle was involved. its not sore . i went on a trip in the car to see my referring dr yesterday and by the time i was travelling home my whole abdo was sore, including where the hernia was fixed. it was still sore when i got up this morning. We dont have good roads here.

Do u take bandages off n the shower or after

I'm not sure...wondering the same thing. I have Dermabond.

Ok, so last night we went out to dinner and I noticed the lady next to me was eating like myself. She had a moment and said she needed to stop because it was stuck. My husband thinks we should have some secret hand signal to show our support while out. Lol...

I had steri strips and the Dr remove them on my post-op visit. I did not take them off I showered with them on as per his instructions.

I have Dermabond...doctor said not to get them soaked ...like in the bath tub, but it would be fine if they got a little wet, just to make sure to pat them dry.

When I had stitches for something else I was told to keep them dry, so I would put a Water proof bandage over them

Same thing with the stri-strips.

I was told for first ten days that I could shower, but don't soak incision sites in Water or wash them. After ten days you can wash, and after two weeks (or until incisions are completely closed) you can submerge them.

Well finally feel pretty much normal after my march 23rd surgery. No more nausea so far today and very little pain... Except for severe hunger!! Started eating light whipped yogurt today and so far so good. I'm going to try applesauce next and see how does that feel going down.

How long did it take for u guys to start feeling normal again like bending and wanting to go places.

How long did it take for u guys to start feeling normal again like bending and wanting to go places.

I'm on week three and just this week really feel normal. I can lay on my port side without discomfort and bend over to pick things up. I had a suture come to the surface so have been using H 2O2 and neosporin and band aid since it is right at the waistband area. Dr says its superficial no infection. I get my first fill 4-11. Not looking forward to the "stick" in my belly but not really felling restriction as early in the meal as I think I should. Down 18 lbs since pre-op but only 7 since surgery. I know I'm expecting too much too fast. Don't rush the recovery it will come as your body is ready.

D

Ok' date=' so last night we went out to dinner and I noticed the lady next to me was eating like myself. She had a moment and said she needed to stop because it was stuck. My husband thinks we should have some secret hand signal to show our support while out. Lol...[/quote']

A secret signal between bandsters what a great idea lol. Hmmmmm maybe a pinky wiggle. Maybe we can design one of those rubber bracelets everyone wears supporting causes. Ours could be neon pink with Bandsters eat slow and small on it!!! Just a thought.

D

Well finally feel pretty much normal after my march 23rd surgery. No more nausea so far today and very little pain... Except for severe hunger!! Started eating light whipped yogurt today and so far so good. I'm going to try applesauce next and see how does that feel going down.

I was banded 3/22. Yesterday was the first day I felt like myself... and didn't look pregnant from all the bloating (I was a burping/farting machine). My doctor told me to advance when I felt I could or every 3-4 days. Greek yogurt and applesauce have been pretty satisfying... but I'm dying for something crunchy!

I AM SOOO HUNGRY!! HAVE NOT BEEN DOING WELL, AFTER FIRST 2 WEEKS MY EATING HAS NOT BEEN GOOD, EATING DECENT AND HEALTHY food, JUST TOO MUCH. bread GETTING STUCK, VERY UNPLEASANT... FILL ON THURSDAY AFTER 4 WEEKS POST OP...ANYONE ELSE STRUGGLING BEFORE FILL?

Week 3 I felt no pain, no bloating..hunger kicked in, but can do moderate excercise