Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am doing good..sunshyne sorry to hear you are throwing up..did they give you anti nausea script? The worse thing for me so far was not drinking for over a day..going home soon.yayy

Thanks Jhaywoo.....good luck on your journey. Are you on liquids now? I'm in Oregon.

Well yes and no ,lol I'm on my day 3 pre op

Sent from my PC36100 using LapBandTalk

good luck everyone with their pre op diet. fortunately i dont have to worry about one. im going to take barley green and ACA powder to build up my immune system etc etc. started already on the barley green. about to do the ACA powder today as well.

i will be cutting right back on my meals as well... the day before surgery i will just have Soups. thats my pre op plan, not my drs. he doesnt require a plan he says.

I'm doing 4 Protein Shakes a day, 1 vegetable serving, 1 fruit serving, and one starch serving...I get very hungry around dinner time...but i'm three days in and it's not too bad!

I had my 1 week post op appt with my dr on friday. Ive lost 20 lbs and started on full liquids. I see him again on march 30th for my 2nd fill.

So far so good.

Sharon

Okay, I made a band-specific Facebook account. staci.lala@gmail.com

I'd love it if everyone that's doing this would add me! :)

More than just a pretty face I just invited you to friend me on fb. I'm sweetie karma

Just added u on fb

I'm marchbander@yahoo.com would love to be added to anyone who's doing this as well

My dietician said the band sits where u usually feel full markers are. So ur body wants to burp up the band lol

Does that go away with time? Sure hope so!

Hi, I am finally home. I had to stay overnight. Guess I had some complications in the OR with anesthia(?) my lungs hardnened up twice. They said it would be similar to someone that has asthma attacks. They hit my voice box with the tube so my voice is scratchy. Everything else went good. I have 4 incisions. I return for my follow up on March 22.

yvonne74

Glad you're doing better. I was home by noon yesterday but have been so groggy and just wiped out it's been hard to even sip fluids. Up and walking when I do wake. No nause, had gas pain in my chest yesterday but gone now. The biggest thing is the muscle pull on the L side when I turn or get out of bed. Everything else is good. Lortab helps that but then I just end up back in bed. Oh well, guess that is what I should be doing post-op day one.

Keep us posted.

LisaNj , Yvonne, Dee, I got banded today!

I've already vomitted the chicken broth I had ... No bueno. Now I'm having the worst tightness in my chest . Its annoyIng to breathe and talk. I'm making some little tiny burps but no big relief there.

My incision bandages are pretty small so I'm guess the scars may be small too (fingers crossed). How are you guys doing??

Post-op day 6 for me and I can tell you that its better, slowly but surely. I am not running a marathon though, I did notice that I feel good in the morning and bad in afternoon, kinda weird. Hope all in going well fellow march bandsters.

Thanks Jhaywoo.....good luck on your journey. Are you on liquids now? I'm in Oregon.

hi ladybugs! I'm in Oregon too. Where are you getting your surgery at?

Getting banded on Thursday, I'm so nervous! I keep having a fear that I'm going to do this and nothing will change. Mostly I worry that once I'm banded I will still have the same hunger pains but I just won't be able to do anything about it. I think I'm just freaking myself out....anyone else have this problem? Or has anyone already been done that can tell me I'm freaking out for no reason?

yep.. i have exactly the same thoughts and worries. like the dr said, its only a tool that we use. i was thinking this morning about the initial weight loss that happens after surgery, with most people. i read somewhere that the sudden weight loss jolts the body into ''famine mode"" and so it starts to function on far less carbs etc. this is what worries me a lot. ive been on Atkins years ago, tried to get into ketosis and it was very hard to even do that. i was using ketone sticks to register it in the urine. so, my body is super efficient at conserving when it has to. I have to lose about 80 - 90 lbs, which is a lot. At the moment, knowing my history, im feeling rather scared that it wont work with me either. Perhaps with the diet afterwoods, being able to stagger the Protein intput, carb input? so there is variation there and it fools the body?? what do you all think?/ im certainly goign to talk with the dietician on this one.

Not losing is a very scary thought. We have to give up a lot of yummy food that we love because frankly our bodies won't tolerate them. I read someone's post that she was hoping to eat all her favs but just not a lot. That will mess you up. Got to make every thing count. Protein first blah blah u know I just don't want my hair falling out and other stuff.