Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Goals With The Lap Band?

my goals:

1) to get healthy

2) to not have to shop at plus size stores

3) be able to get down in the floor and up on my own

4) to drop at least 100 more pounds!!!

5) to look amazing......

to LIVE !, not just EXIST !!! to be healthy and happy with a strong slim build, no matter if im at 140 or 125 ( im at 209, down from 225- 6 weeks banded),to get rid of the c-pap machine, to not feel uncomfortable in a group, to some day be able to ride a horse again. to go on a week long fishing trip to Alaska summer 2013 & to be able to ride in a small plane and a fishing boat without being qverweight and unhealth and embarrased by my size........so far i have had my clothes be so loose i have to buy new ones and to find out that when i go on my long walks that i can JOG part of the way & I weigh less than my hubby-( he's 6'1- 215 lbs.) (been there done that already-yee haw ! love those NSV's ! ) hope this helps !! good luck on your journey !!

Thats definatley #5 TO WEIGH LESS THAN MY HUSBAND!!!!!!

I have so many goals. Most of them are purely physical, since after years of therapy, I'm finally where I want to be mentally. Now I just have to get my body to mirror my interior happiness.

1) to fit into a beautiful, normal sized wedding dress so I'm not a plus sized bride.

2) to have my man be able to pick me up when we play without me being self conscious.

3) to be a runner.

4) better clothes!!! And being able to sleep in his smelly shirt without stretching it all to hell.

5) to actually get a PREGNANT belly when we're ready for it... Not just an extension to my already existing pot belly.

6) to be healthy.

7) to live how I want live, not how I have to.

To shop in regular stores where they don't overcharge.

To run a 5K

To eventually get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy

I want my ring size to shrink...it's currently a 9.5 or 10.

To be healthy and happy!

Great topic!

First and foremost I want to get to a health weight and be able to get off my high blood pressure medicine. I wanna be able to walk into any store and buy clothes right off the rack. I wanna be able to go on roller coasters and not have a fear if Im going to fit or not. I wanna be able to go sky diving and parasailing and not worry about the weight limits of these activities!

1. I want to be able to play with my kids without feeling like I'm dying.

2. I would love to go on fun dates with my hubby where I can actually do active things instead of just watching a movie because there's no walking involved.

3. Going to the doctor for certain things and NOT being told thats it because of my weight would be nice... I swear I go in with a cold and I'm told it's because I'm overweight lol

4.My biggest goal is to live a long life with my wonderful family!

to lose another 20lbs by summer

by losing those 20lbs get back into my size 8 pants

Be healthy for myself my wife and my kids.

I have 2 daughters I have a responsibility to walk them down the aisle some day.

To not have to shop at causal male, there is nothing causal about it.

To not have my band so tight that I can not eat a sensible portion of food.< /p>

To eat some unhealthy stuff as well just not the whole bag, box, carton etc.

To have more energy to workout and get fit not just get thinner by losing weight.

And.....

To have unbelievable amazing SEX with my wife who I adore.

There are so many things here that I totally lost sight off!!! How could I forget - to get off of the HBP meds that pushed me toward lap band surgery in the 1st place.

I also loved the comment about having a normal pregnant belly, "not just an extension of an existing belly"

And lastly, I also want my boyfriend to be able to pick me up and play with me without thinking twice whether he will hurt his back or collapse.

I am hoping to be banded next month. My goals are:

To wear a size 9 jeans.

To JOG at least 3 days per week. (I don't even walk that much now)

To feel proud of the way I look instead of wearing sweats and scrubs all of the time.

To not have to run from cameras so people don't see my fat face.

To feel good about myself again.

To get rid of all/most of my comorbidities

To be around a lot longer for my grandkids....

ok let's keep these goals in the front of our minds!!!!

I just started a low carb diet this month and I find myself thinking of a thinner me in some VS "PINK" brand workout clothes at the pole fitness gym and it's helping me get by without pigging out on unhealthy foods.

Keep your goals front and center and keep us updated on your progress!!!! 001_tt2.gif

Wow I am so impressed with everyone's goals. I would say the vast majority of us just want to be healthy. I'm 13 months out and here's some goals I've achieved:

1. I am no longer the biggest person in the room (but sometimes I still feel like I am)

2. My fasting blood sugar is down from 176 to 102

3. My blood pressure medicine is down from 20mg to 5mg

4. I bought a pair of size 14 dress pants (no W after the number)

5. I get regular compliments on how I look

6. I can cross my legs comfortably!

Continued good luck and success to everyone!