Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Goals With The Lap Band?

Good afternoon everyone!

I sit here today and I notice that sometimes I feel overwhelmed, and down, and I feel like getting to an ideal weight, or even my goal weight, is an unattainable task. I am not banded yet, and my BMI is 37. I have been overweight for 21 yrs (Im 28 yrs old) and I have never been under 199 lbs in my entire adolescent or adult life. I am very nervous about getting a surgery to lose weight, and I guess I just feel defeated.

I say all of that to say ... I want to think about my goals for after my weightloss. And I want to to hear your goals as well. In a time of doubt, I just want to focus on the positive and the future, and the possiblity that maybe I will attain my goals if I think about them more often.

So here goes, my goals are:

1. To get to 199 lbs (or anywhere in "onederland")

2. To be able to shop for my clothes without having to go to the speciality stores, or the special sections in the stores

3. To not be the BIGGEST person in the group of my friends, or the BIGGEST person every time I go somewhere

4. To be able to fulfill my dream of using pole dance for fitness (once Im lighter, it will be easier for me to do the moves).

Please let me know the goals you wish to set, and the goals you have already acheived. fruitsex.gif

Simple. To have my weight at a normal place, almost there

You go B52! for me it's feeling comfortable in my own skin

my goal is to be a healthy woman without 100 lbs of extra weight!

to get off hypertension meds and feel healthy again!

My first goal was to get under 100kg which I have achieved. My next wa to be able to dance all night which I am very close to achieving. I want to look great (and not be the fat one) at my son's wedding in April and I will. And I have always wanted to ride the Great Victorian Bike Ride which I will, with my husband, this November. As I get closer to or achieve each goal I am setting new ones to work towards.

Note that only one of them was a weight number!

I have a couple goals. One is to be able to shop wherever I want, not just at the plus-size stores. Another is to feel more comfortable in my own skin. A third is to feel more confident and less self-conscious around other people. And most importantly, I have two kids, and I want to be healthy for them.

I achieved my first goal...my knees no longer ache so I can workout. Second goal achieved..wear the clothes I have in my closet. My overall goal is to drop 6 dress sizes...I have dropped 3 so I'm on my way! I try to measure my success by inches and clothes.

My goal is just to be at a normal and healthy weight no matter what the number on the scale is. I really don't have a goal weight yet. Heart disease is huge in my family and my number one reason for getting banded. Even normal weight and otherwise healthy family members suffer from heart disease and a few have passed away at very young ages (40s) from it...it's something that I know I will have at some point in my life and I refuse to be overweight while dealing with it. My other reason for getting it was because I'm a young single mom to a 3 year old and I'll be damned if I'm going to leave this world early because of my weight. I have to be here and want to be here for him as long as possible.

Of course not having to shop in plus size and being in 'onederland' is a plus but not my reasons for being banded.

1. To be able to shop anywhere not just plus size clothing stores.

2. To feel good about me again

3. To loose 65-80 lbs.....

4. Shop at areopostle and get all those darn sales....LOL

Aeropostle sales are good. I'll add one to my list then,

I want to be able to shop at Victoria's Secret for their yoga pants (only goes up to size L) and H&M (also only goes up to size L).

This is a great topic. Thank you for posting it. I have so many goals-I hope that I can reach as many of them as possible.

Some of my goals are:

• To be able to wear a fabulous pair of high-heel, thigh-high leather boots instead of the boring boots made for big girls with big calves.
  • To be physically fit enough to take long walks on the boardwalks or on the beach like I used to do.
  • To board a plane and not have to worry that my seat mate will be offended if a part of my body touches theirs.
  • To experience the world as a non-obese woman.
  • To be an example to my children who are both overweight.

PS:

• To not be heavier than the quarter backs playing in today's super bowl.

To stop crying and bitching about my "fat a rss", and a "huge goal", is to stop "acting" so self confident and to actually BE confident. And drop 85lbs. :-)

Goals...

1. get off all medications i am prescribed due to obesity related ailments-diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia-oh and that pesky cpap machine

2. kick all obesity related diseases to the curb

3. lose at least 80 lbs.

4. embrace an active lifestyle

5. embrace a healthy way of eating (instead of being forced!)

6. gain a healthy sense of self and being-you know-confidence etc.

7. soar...