Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bought whey Protein dissolvable powder from GNC to mix into my foods but it is a lie, it is not dissolvable! Lol

All it does is clump up and turns almost spongy when it hits any liquid :(

And it's not tasteless either, that's another lie lol

Did I buy the wrong thing or does anyone have any better suggestions?

I have had this issue in the past - how cold is your Water? If it's too cold the powder won't mix well. Try room-temp Water and see if that helps. Also a great thing to get is a Blender Bottle. It's a plastic drink bottle with a little wire whisk-like ball in it, and it makes it a lot easier to mix any kind of powder. They're also great for scrambled eggs (just have a dedicated egg bottle.) I got mine from nutrition express, but they sell them on Amazon and in most health food catalogs.

Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.co...28328076&sr=8-1

I have had this issue in the past - how cold is your Water? If it's too cold the powder won't mix well. Try room-temp Water and see if that helps. Also a great thing to get is a Blender Bottle. It's a plastic drink bottle with a little wire whisk-like ball in it, and it makes it a lot easier to mix any kind of powder. They're also great for scrambled eggs (just have a dedicated egg bottle.) I got mine from nutrition express, but they sell them on Amazon and in most health food catalogs.

Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.co...28328076&sr=8-1

Yeah..I use a Blender Bottle and room temperature water, lol

Oh well

also tried to add it to hot Soup, that didn't go so well either

I bought a $20 mini blender at Walmart with 5 individual cups so there's one for Mon-Fri. I usually use bottled Water either from the fridge or at room temperature and never had any problems with it not mixing well. After I blend it for a few seconds I like to add a few ice cubes and blend it again for more of a milk shake consistancy. I haven't had any luck with any kind of protien powders when I try to add them to something warm or just warm them up. They always look curdy and gross so I have never tried to eat/drink it.

I know most Protein cannot be heated up above 130 degrees otherwise it gets clumpy and hard. I have tried dozens of protein powders before I found one that I like. You can try to see if you can get samples/single serving before you buy the big thing of it. I really like the unjury.com protein the best, but thats just me.

You could have gotten a bad container. Bring it back and either ask to exchange or get your money back.

Thanks for the tip on the blender bottle! I will have to order one! Great invention.

Hamilton Beech makes a single serving blender that has a travel mug for the mixing container. $15 at Walmart or Target. Works really well crushing ice.

I love that little bottle, easy to clean also. good idea to get one for eggs! my bottle is a small one, about 8 oz. cost about $7.

Hmmm I was planning to rely on the same GNC whey powder myself so Im nervous now hehe :) I havent actually tried it yet.. But I cant help thinking about how baby milk powder has the tendency to clump when its mixed with cool water.. and I remember that I solved that issue by adding just a tiny bit of Water first to make a "paste" texture first, then gradually adding more water.. I have no idea if that would work with WHEY powder but its worth a shot?

I love the chocolate GNC whey powder myself, I mix it now with my one cup of milk I'm allowed and some Water, day #4 oft preop , 24 more to go......

I have the same issues with it clumping. I have the shaker bottle but I can never seem to get the clumps out. My husband shakes it for me when he's home and does a much better job. Using the blender works much better. I have a Ninja bullet. I also really hate the GNC brand. I got the Target brand and to me it tastes so much better. However, I've heard such goood things about injury I'm going to send off for some and see how it is. After only a month I'm tired of drinking a chocolate shake every day. Never thought I'd hear myself say that!

My surgeon told me not to Drink this stuff, because it can cause body mass.

We were put on Muscle Milk Light as a Supplement. I have mine for lunch, and sometimes some cottage cheese shortly after.

They come in different flavors, and are good.

The chocolate is lousy, So I buy there chocolate milk. Keep in mind that these can also be used as a base, and mixed in a Blender, at fruit or other things added Peanut Butter, etc..

I buy vanilla, chocolate Milk, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Strawberries n Creme.

I buy mine at AllStarHealth.com and if interested, no matter how much you buy, the shipping is only $5.95.

One thing I've found is every is told different things by their surgeon. You just have to do what your doctor tells you and not worry about what everyone else is doing. Just follow your surgeons instructions.

I use the unjury- it is low in carbs. SHirley is right, some Protein is more for bulking up by body builders. I absolutely cannot stand the chocolate muscle milk, I threw it out- but maybe I should give other flavors a try. My Dr said to go with ones that had less than 5 g sugar. The unjury is medical quality whey Protein isolate (I think this is it, don't have the canister wtih me), very low sugar. You can order a sample pack with unflavored, chicken broth, chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. So far it's my favorite. I know GNC has a pretty good return policy.

I use an immersion blender in the morning, it's quick and easy to rinse! And good for so many other things- but i'm going to look into that blender ball for on the go and at work.