Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks Alex.

I'm so dissappointed. I was banded on January 19, 2011 and to date I've lost 34 ponnds. For the past four months I have not lost a pound. It's very slow for me. I feel that within a year I could have lost that amount on my own without the aid of the band.

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your band. Have you followed all the guidelines given to you by your dr?

There could be so many reasons why you havent lost the weight you wanted to, we were banded at the same time last year, too and i have done well, but in order for some help and support it might be an idea to list what you have been doing to lose weight. i.e how much exercise, calories, how much Protein u eat, etc what level of restriction do u have .. all of which can impact on weight loss, along with emotional things like stress and depresssion, or physical things like PCOS, thyroid etc .. some more details and we can look at where we think u could change things :)

Why are you thanking Alex?

I feel that within a year I could have lost that amount on my own without the aid of the band.

Possibly you could have but did you? Presumably not. So even if your weight loss is slow you are still doing better than you were preband.

I think that she was thanking Alex, because he welcomes all new comers to the forum! My daughter has had the band for over 2 years, she is also, a slow looser. But, she says, she would not have lost any without the help of the band. SHe is smallestshe has been since her early 20's. She is 41 now, and has lost about 50 lbs, but has about 20-40 more to loose. She is happy that she has the band. We all tried WW, she tried La Weightloss, and none worked as well for her! Good luck, hope that you stay strong and keep working the band. Karen

When was the last time you got filled? Of you follow the rules and exercise you should be losing... I think you should see your doctor. Good luck :)

Thanks Alex.

I'm so dissappointed. I was banded on January 19, 2011 and to date I've lost 34 ponnds. For the past four months I have not lost a pound. It's very slow for me. I feel that within a year I could have lost that amount on my own without the aid of the band.

I couldn't lose without the band. I did really well in the begining, in less than a year I lost about 50lbs. But, I got lazy....not that I stopped exercising, because I never really did that. I got lazy about food; I have been able to eat most anything from the start. My basic issue is in liquid calories, I have become a coffee/creamer(heavy) addict. When I choose the band I stopped drinking sweet tea, starting eating from a smaller plate, stopped drinking with meals. I started following the rules before I had the band. Now I am sloppy about my eating. I graze at night, down all that coffee and usually don't get in enough Water. Hunger is not an issue for me, I seldom am. I don't have restriction like most people speak of, I tend to forget to have real meals like I should. Also, my band is fickle and reacts to weather changes, stress and time of day. If you have had fills as needed, look at liquid calorie intake, maybe even a food journel might help. I don't do one because I don't want to feel like I'm on a diet. The band works, but we have to work with it. The 65lbs. I've lost are staying off, I just need to get it going again.

Hi all. I am new to all this but am looking really heavy into getting the lap band. I am in the process of trying to find a good local DR. I am in Md. Any recommendations? Can any body fill me in on anything I need to know before and after? How long does it take to get the green light from your DR. that you can get the procedure? How much is the average out of pocket expense? Do they except state insurance? My list of questions goes on and on...lol

Hi all. I am new to all this but am looking really heavy into getting the lap band. I am in the process of trying to find a good local DR. I am in Md. Any recommendations? Can any body fill me in on anything I need to know before and after? How long does it take to get the green light from your DR. that you can get the procedure? How much is the average out of pocket expense? Do they except state insurance? My list of questions goes on and on...lol

Hi there I had the band in dec 2010....i just wanted to say my on the job health ins denied me but my medicare paid soooooo i know lots and lots who have had bypass and it covered so my guess is it very well might.....i have lost 70 lbs cant see to get going ,maybe start from scratch and see if that helps.....

I couldn't lose without the band. I did really well in the begining, in less than a year I lost about 50lbs. But, I got lazy....not that I stopped exercising, because I never really did that. I got lazy about food; I have been able to eat most anything from the start. My basic issue is in liquid calories, I have become a coffee/creamer(heavy) addict. When I choose the band I stopped drinking sweet tea, starting eating from a smaller plate, stopped drinking with meals. I started following the rules before I had the band. Now I am sloppy about my eating. I graze at night, down all that coffee and usually don't get in enough Water. Hunger is not an issue for me, I seldom am. I don't have restriction like most people speak of, I tend to forget to have real meals like I should. Also, my band is fickle and reacts to weather changes, stress and time of day. If you have had fills as needed, look at liquid calorie intake, maybe even a food journel might help. I don't do one because I don't want to feel like I'm on a diet. The band works, but we have to work with it. The 65lbs. I've lost are staying off, I just need to get it going again.

Hi. I have not had the surgery yet but I appreciate your input. I can see that there is quite a lot of work involved. Like you said, it works but you have to work with it. I can understand how a person can slack off or stray away from some rules and rutine. I think a forum like this can help people support eachother. Thanks for your candor. JEN

Thanks Alex.

34 lbs. lost is better than 34 lbs. gained! I hope you get re-energized or get whatever it is you feel may help you continue this worthwhile journey....Keep moving forward....JEN

Thanks everyone. I guess you are all correct. Any lost is better than a gain. I think I know what my issue is. I have an extremely tight band 8.4 cc's. I started with 5cc's and went all the way up to 7.5cc's and I still experienced hunger. However,because of this restriction I am unable to eat sensibly. lunch and dinner foods I vomit all the time so I have been drinking my calories and eating the foolish crunchy stuff. The reason I didn't get an unfill is because stupid me was thinking that I'll lose the weight faster but it's not working. I believe there may be some slippage of the band. I shall visit my doctor to have my band completely emptied and start over. I shall inform you guys of my progress in a couple weeks.

Thanks again.

Glad that you have realised that too tight is not the way to go. Unfortunately so many people seem to end up being too tight in the mistaken belief that they will lose quicker.

Not sure though why you would want a complete unfill.If you do that it can be hard to get to the right level of restriction again. Often just getting a small amount of liquid taken out is enough to sort the problem out.

Unless of course the band has slipped and that of course is a totally different situation.