Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hospital Group - After Care Sucks!

Just wondering if anyone thinks that the Hospital Group sucks with their aftercare....it is virtually impossible to get an appointment and their nurse seems to be always busy....they are now sending their patients from Dublin to Belfast for urgent defills.....or fills as they have no staff in their Dublin office......

Hiya Im having my op with them on Saturday and Im finding them absolutely useless in every regard. I starting to really regret going with them! I just sent the "patient care coordinator" an email explaining Im feeling very in the dark, i paid in full weeks ago and she asked me to come in and pay today?! Wtf!?

Also i have NO idea what's going to happen on the day, what time it's at etc. Really really disappointed!

Hi! Pixiepower....I have to say my operation went well....I had a lovely nurse and I was fine....the staff in the UK could not have been nicer.....on the day they should be able to tell you roughly what time you are scheduled.....I did not get done until the afternoon....I would have preferred the morning time....The problem with the Hospital Group is they only have one nurse in Dublin and one in Belfast so they never have slots for fills in the busy periods like after Christmas .....plus the nurse fills you not a doctor like some other companies like the Auralia Group...after my operation I went to my own GP just for a check up and for my own piece of mind...I also got my bloods checked 6 months after to make sure I was getting all my Vitamins.....

Best of luck with the operation on Saturday :)

I had a massive reply to you then my batt went! I'll take that as a sign not to rant and ramble on about what happened when i went in today. Not impressed with them in the slightest tho :(

So glad your op went well! Mine is being done in Dublin i hope it's as pleasant!

When did you get the band? How are you finding it? Do you find THG good at all? Even the dietition? Sorry for all the questions Im just delighted to speak to someone else from Ireland and with THG!! :)

I went for a consultation with Auraila but didn't go with them because the surgeon at it was a breast surgeon not a lap band surgeon so couldn't answer many of my questions. Their package seemed good though maybe i made the wrong choice but here's hoping this band will be a new beginning for me!

x

I had my band fitted July 2010.....i was just so glad to get it done....I was 15st 2 lbs ....went down to 12st 6lbs....could have gotten down more but I sabotaged myself....got over filled and could not eat at all...so ended up on chocolate as that was easy to get down.....the fills and getting the sweet spot is the key to your success.....you will lose weight....I am in a size 12 now....when I was a size 16 trousers and size 18 to 20 top....I am going back to get a fill in the next forthnight .....so looking forward to that....get some celebrity slims shakes for the days after your surgery....you will not really have restriction until your first fill as the don't really put in any after the operation....you might have some but that's usually the swelling....I did not find the operation painful.....you may get some shoulder pain but that is trapped wind when they are doing the keyhole surgery....I would have loved for them to have a place in Dublin when I got mine done...I flew home the day after my operation.....you will be fine....give me a shout if you need anything.....I feel so much more confident now.....went a bit mad buying dresses when I started to see the weight drop....I was a slow loser as I have PCOS so its harder to lose the weight....but still well worth it :)

As for the dietican.....I think they are all crap....I cannot eat bread since my operation ....I use to live on toast etc but cannot eat it anymore....got use to that.....you just eat normally but in smaller portions....it took some time to retrain my brain....and you will throw out food......

You're a little star thanks for that :)

You think you're bad with the dresses, i haven't even had my op and I've already ordered a pile of stuff from boohoo and asos in the sales! All to fit into along the way, i couldn't help myself they were so cheap!

Im an 18-20 now and probably much more a twenty but get away with both depending on the shop though shopping at this size is no fun!

Oh the relief you brought me saying your op wasn't sore, getting very nervey over the pain now cos i always thought i had a high pain threshold until i had my daughter 7 months ago, Im scared of pain now so was dreading after!

I'll try not to annoy you toooo much but if you get the time at some point to answer one more teeney tiny little question,

what should i have in the house for the week or two ahead? You've said celeb slim so will defo pick them up, love them!

I have peppermint tea, rennie the special ones for trapped wind and i have a liquid multi vit.

Should i get calpol? I've heard that on a few threads.

Thanks again and sorry to pester you!

Hi there

I had band done on the 2 March and I must say it was the most painful thing I have ever done. All north it though and I can't wait to get filled up to restrict my eating!

I was originally going with one of the surgery places here in Dublin but they kept stuffing me around so I went directly with the surgeon in Belgium, who I had researched and saved myself a grand as well. Depending on your surgeon and who you had it done with, I think you can contact them directly and arrange fills that way. As I skipped the middle man I can go online and see what days the surgeons are in Dublin and choose my time slot. It saves a bit of money going direct too. I've heard hospital group were terrible and they have a lot of bad reviews.

Is anyone in south Dublin area and want to buddy up and see how we get on?

Will the Hospital Group ever get a nurse resident in Dublin....there is no continuity of care....you may have Mary from Cork....Sam from Belfast as your nurse....since Cora left the Dublin office I have had three different nurses including an Indian nurse who is now gone.....not impressed as they only read your file when you are with them....and have not a clue of your history or progress to date....fed up having to tell it all over again to a new person....Hospital Group get your act together!!!!!

Hi guys, I live up north and go to sam for my fills. Got my surgery in Birmingham on August 12th. Has Dublin sorted you out yet with a nurse? I think Sam is lovely so far and have had no problems :)

I got a fill in Feb and all has been fine since....I am over 2 years post op I was not what you would have called big when operated on but all is fine now....managing to keep the weight steady....which is making me happy....Sam or Mary from Belfast or Cork where doing the fills .....not too sure who is doing them now in Dublin