Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Michigan people at??

Hi Caramel:

I am in the pre-op stage--scheduled for 10/22. I'm nervous and excited all at once. I had pre-admission testing today.

Hi,

I live in Harper Woods. Any east siders out there? any one do this thru the st john system? I am currently visiting my dr 6 times per their rules. only 3 more vistis to go and hopefull I will begin to schedule things. I am planning on attending the monthly support group by oakland hospital.

Just wondering if anyone had any experiences with St John and how it went !

I'm an eastsider, but not going to St. John, since Medicare won't cover with that hospital. Going to Harper 10/24. Dr Hawasli does the band at both hospitals, in fact, he's chief of the Laporoscopic (sp) Surgery at St John.

Best of luck to you.

Hi Caramel:

I am in the pre-op stage--scheduled for 10/22. I'm nervous and excited all at once. I had pre-admission testing today.

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow!!! Let us know how things go for you. Remember to walk, walk, walk and take the pain meds.

I'm home. I'm sore. But am trying to get up and move around after I've been sitting a while. Nervous about drinking too much too fast, but have not been drinking enough. I don't want to get dehydrated either. Got scared last night woke up and my mouth was dry so I brushed my teeth and my uvula (the dangly thing in your throat) was swollen. It was almost like one time when I had uvulitis. I felt dumb but I called the doctor. He said to try drink something warm. I gargled with salt Water and drank something warm. It feels better, but now I'm really nervous. I might call my Physician Assistant and see if she thinks she should look at it. Thanks for listening everyone--you're part of my lifeline. :)

Kimmi...hang in there girl, it does get easier. Your throat is probably sore from the breathing tube during surgery, I know mine was for a few days. sugar free popcycles are yummy and will give you some extra Water my fav is the grape.

I did get dehydrated after surgery and that's no fun.

Congratulations on your surgery

Kimmi congratulations on your surgery! I hope you will feel better soon. You will see those pounds start dropping and forget all about the discomfort your feeling now. I haven't had mine yet, but my Dr. said that with me having my gall bladder out, it is about the same thing. So hopefully I will do good. Try to drink and walk!

Hello to you all from MICHIGAN!:whoo: Just a few thoughts here. I had my surgery done at Henry Fords They are a center of excellence if any one is interested, done 10/31/06. Muscle Milk Light is definetly the way to go, but buy it on the internet. a lot cheaper, bigger variety also.

That was what H.F. recomends to all their Bariatric patients. So yes you do need protien.

Oakland General is suppose to be a good place to go. Let me no how it is. They replaced both of my knees this year, did a great job.

Drink something cold like ice chips or s.f. popcycles it will take down the swelling, and you will slowely get your Water. Remember it's a slow process, should be 1 1/2 to 3LBS. per week. I no it doesn't sound like much, but you figure 12LBS. a month times 6 months = 72 lbs. thats a nice start, and this is a every day thing, so enjoy it. I no I do.

Any questins or comments? my name is Shirley from saint claire shores.

Thanks demsvmejm that's what the dr. said too. I was just so scared. That uvulitis I had before scared me. The uvula swelled up so much. It kept feeling like you had to cough out something stuck in your throat and just wouldn't go away. I ended up getting a shot of antibiotic then. I tried some sugar free popsicles! The strawberry kiwi was very tasty!

Hi all,

I have just been approved and have been scheduled for banding on November 15th at Hurley Medical in Flint. I am from Pt. Huron but my insurance is B/C and they will not authorize my surgery here. I am so excited to get this going. I have been looking at all the posts and you guys seem so supportive, it is great!!

Hi all,

I have just been approved and have been scheduled for banding on November 15th at Hurley Medical in Flint. I am from Pt. Huron but my insurance is B/C and they will not authorize my surgery here. I am so excited to get this going. I have been looking at all the posts and you guys seem so supportive, it is great!!

OH HOW Exciting!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

Kim:whoo:

I'm glad you're on the road to a new you! I was just banded on Monday (10/22) I have B/C too. If you don't mind my asking, what is their reasoning for not authorizing your surgery?