Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Crappy....

Today was the first day of my 5 day clear liquid diet... Im hungry, sick, and have some mean hiccups. Didnt work today and have been stuck in the apt with my two year old, with very little to distract me...cooking and serving dinner for him was the hardest. Id never thought I'd say it but im very glad to be going to work tomorrow, I dont think ill struggle as much there. Just some random questions as I think of them...

How miserable must it be to get a stomach flu after being banded? I had one twice this past year and vomiting is the most violent thing ever, the contraction of my stomach doubles me over so badly that its hard to stay as high as a toliet bowl sometimes...and it almost always comes out of my nose also. (sorry). If you vomit post operatively from a non-band issue, how does that work? Everything from below the band comes up through the stoma as the stomach contracts? Or just whats in the pouch? The thought of throwing up with a band really worries me...

Does everyone get a catheter for surgery? My surgeons asst seems a bit of a bimbo and didnt have an answer for me. Also, how many of you had to give yourselves injections post op for blood clots? Is that common?

Is powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury sold in any stores?

And lastly (for now), does anyone want to babysit so I can just sleep for the next 4 days instead of watching the minutes tick by?

Mary.

Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way. Les Brown

ok, Unjury - only on line. If you order it arrives like the next day, two at most so far for me. I didn't get a catheter, just emptied my bladder before surgery. Yes Heprin shots while in hospital for preventions of blood clots, but not once I left, nurse gave. I did stay over night. Don't hurt at all- super small needle. Some one did post that they had a stomach flu right after banded and wasn't fun. I haven't vomitted yet, since banded on 12/19. Really afaird to to be honest. Hope those answers helped.

suzi

I know vomiting isn't good with the band, but most seem to be ok.

However, right after surgery they give you meds to keep you from vomiting. You don't want to vomit while your stomach is still healing or you risk slippage or ripping the stitches internally.

I didn't have to have a catheter (thank God).

As suzbuni said, unjury is only sold online.

I didn't have to give myself any shots. I got a few in the hospital (heprin) but not after I was diagnosed.

If I were you, I would ask your surgeon all these questions before your surgery. He'll tell you what to expect.

Unfortunately, I havent met my surgeon and wont until surgery day. Due to scheduling conflicts, ive only met with colleagues of his. Thank you for your answers!

Mary.

Unfortunately, I havent met my surgeon and wont until surgery day. Due to scheduling conflicts, ive only met with colleagues of his. Thank you for your answers!

Mary.

You getting banded from the 1-800 Lapband company?????

No catheter and no heparin shots, just compression stockings for about a week. Sorry I can't help with the babysitting. Hope you find someone to help out!

Mary.

Granted this is just strictly my opinion, but I would insist and meeting with the surgeon before the day of your surgery. I would never let someone operate on me that I've never met. It just doesn't seem wise.

If this surgeon doesn't even have time to meet his/her patients, you might want to reconsider your surgeon of choice.

Just my two cents.

No catheter, no heparin, no compression stockings. I don't do unjury. I get a flu shot each year. Hadn't even thought of it as a good idea for a bandster until just now. I've been banded nearly 4 years. I haven't vomited yet other than stuck food. I don't have children in my house, so I don't have little germ buckets nearby.

When/if you get the flu, you could ask your doctor for anti-nausea meds.

Your profile says you are 2000 miles from me, sorry I can't babysit.

Tomorrow should be better on the pre-op!