Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure why but today after I signed all the official paperwork for my surgery and got my surgery time I started feeling really anxious. Now I'm completely doubting I can do this, I've been so optimistic and ready to get this done and now I'm nervous wreck! It's like I did a total 360. Hope this is normal and I get back to the attitude I need for this..

Many of us go through those same thoughts and feelings. Many of us also have a stage just after being banded where we think, "OMG, what have I done to myself?!" You are going through the "normal" mental process. It will be ok. Keep your eye on the prize! :) It is so worth it! This is something you are doing good for yourself.

I feel the exact same way!

But everytime I get the feeling I think about the results and my mind is out of the gutter.

Everything will be fine!

I felt the same way on the day of the surgery and I alomost pulled the IV out and ran but my mother and boyfriend stopped me and caught e in the middle and said I can do it and not worry. But after surgery it wasnt bad at all. You'll have your days but you'll make it threw.

Wish you all the luck!!!!

I felt the same way. It is very normal. I have lost 75 pounds within a year. I still have a ways to go, but I am so glad I did. You can do this.

I felt the same way this week when I went for all my pre admission testing...I keep thinking of my hot future bod to get me through lol

warm those feet back up! You will be happy a year from now, mark my words!

I have been going back and forth in my mind as well. Thinking yeah, what am I about to do to myself.... Then the flipside kicks in and say's yeah, this is the best thing you can do for yourself. Stay positive and be in the moment :) I just joined this site, this seems like an amazing support system with great people. Glad I found this as I begin my journey...

Glad I'm not the only one! I'm having surgery monday and finding im just thinking about all the what ifs.

So glad to know I'm not the only one! Yeah, I have surgery Friday, Feb 27 and have NEVER been under anesthesia before. Just that whole unknown....but we have come to far to go back now :)

I must admit after I had the op I sat and cried and couldn't help thinking what the hell have I done to myself, that feeling soon past, but be warned after the first 2weeks you will start to try eating more food and will find you can still eat a fair amount.

I'm still waiting for my first fill and can still eat everything I ate before the op, as long as I chew it up well.

I've only lost about 2kg and feeling very demotivated and pinning all my hopes on the band fill next week

I am doing exactly the same thing...and I don't even have a surgery date yet. Tuesday is my final pre-op meeting before they submit everything to my insurance. After doing an "imaginary lap bad" pre-op diet several weeks ago, I realized I had some food issues that I hadn't made peace with yet...and now I'm not sure I'm ready for lap band. I went straight to healthy eating, cut out sugar and diet soda (which I'll have to do anyway if I have surgery)...and I've lost 14 lbs in a month.

I would be happy for myself, but haven't we ALL been down that road before? We see a little success and then we end up failing again. I haven't ruled out surgery, I'm just not sure it's the best decision for me...or perhaps sleeve is better for me if I can't control myself. I am afraid that I would take advantage of "sliders" and it would all end up being for nothing.

I'm still figuring it all out, but everyone's posts here made me feel so much better about my own head games I'm playing with myself.

I wish everyone the biggest and best success no matter what!

Im just trying to focus on all the reasons to go through with the surgery. Only 2 more days!!!

We all get scared when it comes to any kind of surgery.....but its really not that bad at all. I am no youngster and I came thru the surgery fine....very easy recouperation. It does change the way you can eat but I guess thats why I did this. Six months out and down 43 lbs and not starving at all. Never could have done this without the band.

I went through exactly the same thing! Once I had my surgery date, I started questioning what I was doing (go back and look up some of my posts) - but then I realized that I had to do SOMETHING to get off of this diet treadmill and get my body healthy again. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, and that's what we've all done with our dieting.

The second day after my surgery, I had a "I can't believe I did this" moment - but then I remembered my "before" picture that I took right before my surgery.

I'm 22 days out from my surgery now and I can honestly say its the best thing I could've done. Its hard sometimes, but I'm learning to listen to my body and to tell the difference between being truly hungry and just being "mouth hungry". For me, its all about having control over my weight, which I never have. And that is a LOT of incentive.