Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Cc's In Your Band???

well my band was just put in tuesday and my dr nor i know what is in it he fills the band cuts the tube the liquid shoots out,when it gets to a trickle he closes it he said that way alot of his patients dont need fills but he does do them,but the stomach is what decides what the band needs.....

Okay this one lost me????? My port is under my skin next to my navel. And is a bit tender yet. Why would the fill trickle out????/ Please explain to me......

I have a 14cc band. My first fill was 3 weeks ago (when the dr had to revise my port due to it flipping) and he put in 6.5cc. I go in today for a second fill. I dont know how much he is going to put in today, since I can still eat a fair amount and still hungry quite often

8.2 in a 9 cc.

Just had .4cc's put in last week and was having trouble getting liquid down. I think I tried scrambled eggs too quickly (next evening after the fill) and I irritated it. This weekend I improved. I've already lost 10lbs in a week. Most I've ever lost in a chunk, but I have a feeling 80% of it is Water so I'm hoping now that I'm able to drink again It'll slow down (weird, I know, but it isn't healthy). ^_^

8.2 in a 9 cc.

Just had .4cc's put in last week and was having trouble getting liquid down. I think I tried scrambled eggs too quickly (next evening after the fill) and I irritated it. This weekend I improved. I've already lost 10lbs in a week. Most I've ever lost in a chunk' date=' but I have a feeling 80% of it is Water so I'm hoping now that I'm able to drink again It'll slow down (weird, I know, but it isn't healthy). ^_^[/quote']

I had my band in dec, and had two fill, I have 6mls in a 10ml band I have no restriction at all and even put on weight,mis this ever going to work???

I have 3cc in a 10cc band thats been there since surgery. I've seen my dr. a few times & since I've lost weight from my surgery 2months ago he just says I'll see you in another six weeks. But I've been watching my intake, not eating more than 1000 calories per day and if I'm not careful I can put on weight. I'm going to ask for a fill at my next meeting for I'm doing all the work & no help from my "tool". Can eat anything- just slowly & not swallow anything too large.

My surgery was in Oct 2011, didn't get my first fill until Jan 2012 and it was 3ccs in my Standard size Lap Band that is 10ccs. Received my second fill on Valentines Day 2/14/2012 of .5 cc's . My next appointment is March 20 and I'm going to ask for another fill. I can eat everything with no restriction and my weight loss has slowed down, even (however I'm still happy with the progress) But I'm a few pounds from "Onderland" and I'm exercising at least 4 days a week. If I wasn't exercising I'd probably weigh more. I especially went crazy these last couple of weeks with Girl Scout Cookies I bought from a co-worker to help her daughter's troop. Next year I'll just donate!!!

I'm ready to find my "green zone"...

5.2cc right now i get another fill next week tuesday.

I'm at 5 cc in a 10cc band....but tomorrow will probably be back to 4.5 cc :(

I use to see this other doctor and he would take out all the Fluid, put it all back in and add a few in and i would never be able to get past 3.5cc (diffrent technique),,, now i have switched to a new doctor as of last month and every two week he has been adding fluid in> im now at 5.2cc.. This doctor has a diffrent technique. and im on liquids for 2 days.

i have heard some horror stories about the nurses doing the fills.... i have always had my doctor do them...

and have had not painful experiences... just me nervous...

I have 4.6 cc's in a 10 cc band. I was like you...eating everything and anything and not losing any weight until my 2nd fill. Now I'm not starving ever 2 hours and feel like I'm in the green zone but as I lose more weight, my dr says I'll need to "tweak" to add another cc. You definitely need a fill so your "tool" (lap band) can help you with your cravings throughout the day. Good luck!

I had my 2nd fill on Monday. Added another cc, so I'm up to 7.5cc in a 14 cc band. I can feel a little restriction, but think I need just a little more, maybe 1/2 cc for my next fill. Breads and chicken are out for me as they get stuck every time. I am still getting hungry quite often (in fact I get teased at my stomach growling all the time), but I can tell I'm inching closer and closer to my green zone :)

As of today, i have 9.9 in a 14cc band

I have 10cc in a 14cc band. I went in for my last fill a few months ago and my doc said I was maxed out on my fills. I wouldn't be getting anymore. And I feel I need another. I don't know how I can be maxed out with 10cc. I did see the plunger push itself out with pressure when he stuck it in my port tho. I'm wondering if I went to anothr dr (and invariably pay more) if I could get another fill? Hmmmm. Must do research....

Marci

Hey 54Shirley, I'm in your category. I have a 4cc band with 2.5cc. That's the most my doc is comfortable with me having.

just had a fill yesterday.

i now have 6cc in a 14cc band.

awesome restrictions..

banded 12/14/2009

6cc in 14cc band