Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What A Great Group Of People! Hello!

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to all this. I was banded on Jan 3. I am exactly one week post op and am recovering fairly well. I'm ready to be recovered, but I know it's a process. Two more weeks of liquids is not looking too apealing, but I'm committed. I have about 80-100 pounds to lose. I doubt my ability to do this, but if I follow the rules, I know I'll stay on the right track. Has anyone else ever doubted their ability? I have failed so many times on my own, I have real hope for the first time, yet that old voice in my head keeps bothering me!

Grace.

Hi Grace, I doubted the first few days postop. Especially on Christmas when I shoved a fig newton in my mouth 2 days after surgery. Now I'm two weeks post op sticking to my appropriate food and I've lost 20 lbs. You can do this! You've got everyones support here!

Hi Grace, you found the right site here. Everyone is so nice and very helpful! I read every day, trying to get a good insight on what to expect once I get banded (I am on a 6 month restricted diet with 3 more months to go). I only lost 9 pounds so far, its very hard, I am limited with exercise and will be joining the Y to at least get some exercise in. I do a lot of stretching at home.

Best of luck you can do it!!

Grace, I was banded the same day and yes I doubt myself. I go through spurts where I just know I can do it and then the doubt starts kicking in (mainly when i smell good food)! I get to start mushie foods tomorrow and know how excited I am for it, so I know the idea of 3 wks of liquids must feel defeating.

If it makes you feel better I know I am scared of mushies.

You can do it. After making such a big change it is scarry i know but we can do it. I know for me today is the first day I have been left by myself and it has been hard. I have been trying to keep myself busy. Even if that means prepping dinner for my family (that I can't eat)! Every night I go to sleep I feel I have acomplished something. Stay strong!

Grace,

Welcome to the sight, believe in YOUrself!!!!! You can do it. If I can, anyone can.

Wayne

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to all this. I was banded on Jan 3. I am exactly one week post op and am recovering fairly well. I'm ready to be recovered, but I know it's a process. Two more weeks of liquids is not looking too apealing, but I'm committed. I have about 80-100 pounds to lose. I doubt my ability to do this, but if I follow the rules, I know I'll stay on the right track. Has anyone else ever doubted their ability? I have failed so many times on my own, I have real hope for the first time, yet that old voice in my head keeps bothering me!

Grace.

Too Late! can't go back now! Only Joking.

It was because of my lack of abilities that I got banded in the first place. It really is very easy now, although getting through the first phases was filled with doubts and a little anger.

People kept telling me I have to do this and I have to do that if I wanted to loose weight.

My thought was I could have done this and that without getting any surgery!!!!

But then, after a while, EVERYTHING began to fall into place and it is now, 1 year later, a very normal everyday lifestyle.

Hang in there, follow the rules. I think of them a "lessons" needed to be learned to live with the band, perhaps more so for later than now, but just as important.

You're changing your life. That can give you doubts. I'm a newbie but am so happy I now have what I need to help me control the thing I couldn't control. Just hang in there you'll be surprised just how good mushies will taste. Lol starting now change your life.

I think we all had doubts. If we hadn't dieted and failed, we would not have been seeking surgical intervention. With so many failed diet/exercise attempts behind me, I was terrified this would not work either. But as I sit here in my size 10 pants with normal blood pressure, I have to say it was the easiest weight loss/maintenance I have ever done.

For some, it is a harder challenge. For me, it was very easy. My band is awesome. But you have to have the attitude that I will work with it, and go with the flow. You also have to keep your sense of humor.

hello Grace....

welcome to the other side.....

it has its bumps in the road like any road....

but i so rewarding...

good luck..~hugs~

What you are feeling is very normal. I think we all have our doubts now and then. You've come to the right place. We will help you with your journey!