Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Food Of Sin?

Mine is Cheese!!! I honestly hope I won't be able to eat it after I get banded...cheese is sooo (deliciously) EVIL!!

Mine are CHEETO"S that cruchy chese doodle they advertise on TV with the cartoon lion. I can't go to a convience without buying a small bag.

I like chips and Salsa, especially if you make your own, and the tortilla chips are 100% natural, it's not that bad for you.

It's one of the foods I eat while watching TV, especially OU FOOTBALL!

(I see you're from Norman)

Queso on the other hand,.....I stay away from.

Yup i live in norman and i love tarahumaras mmmm..

My favorite thing in the word is a Burger. I'm a burger snob though. I love going to fancy restaurants and having a good, well-crafted burger with their fancy rosemary truffle oil fries, YUMMY!!!!! I am 13 days post-op and of course haven't had anything like this for several weeks. I do go out to Cheesecake Restaurant this friday with a girlfriend and afraid of what will happen because my appetite has come back with a vengance!

I'm with B-52... CHEETOS....... but I am just two weeks post-op so I haven't gotten brave enough to try it...................

weight.png

I'm with B-52... CHEETOS....... but I am just two weeks post-op so I haven't gotten brave enough to try it...................

weight.png

DON'T....they're more addictive than drugs!

Favorites- a good cuban sandwich and pizza. not sure if can ever do whole wheat thin pizza? A cuban- maybe a sliver one inch thick and that's a maybe? trying not to think too much about it.

im 8 days post op and still on liquids but just reading these post makes me want everything that is being mentioned lol but want i do miss a lot is coffee an iced skinny vanilla latte from starbucks...... is coffee banned forever or is it just temporary that they recommend to stay away from it ?

I do coffee each morning and I am 7 months post op. One cup a day only is what I do. Looking forward to my appt in Feb. I so need a fill.

Crystal

I was told no caffeine. So I have a short Decaf skinny peppermint mocha. It's 70 calories and 10 g Protein

Favorites- a good cuban sandwich and pizza. not sure if can ever do whole wheat thin pizza? A cuban- maybe a sliver one inch thick and that's a maybe? trying not to think too much about it.

A good sandwich, is something I will never be able to have again. If I had a Cuban I would only pick at the contents, and throw away the bread.< /p>

We used to get Pizza at least once a week, No More.

I can eat thin crust (very thin, cracker like) but not much.

im 8 days post op and still on liquids but just reading these post makes me want everything that is being mentioned lol but want i do miss a lot is coffee an iced skinny vanilla latte from starbucks...... is coffee banned forever or is it just temporary that they recommend to stay away from it ?

I drink as much coffee as I ever did before, and I am a big coffee drinker!

I'm not into the flavored, fraps, froths, etc, just good strong dark columbian!

I will have expresso when I can also.

If you could do a search here, you will find many coffee lovers refusing to give it up!

And you will find many who did.

coffee gets me through the day! I am 2 1/2 years out, but have drank coffee since about 3 weeks after surgery. I can't function without it! Tea doesn't do it for me.

Expresso and cafe con leche is my cup of tea but have not had any since surgery and mimicing with decaff and vanilla protien shake, ,, hanging in there with that.

and as for the cuban, the real cuban bread breaks up like craker all over the floor, as its made with Water n no egg. When it is pressed there is no meat of the bread left so not sure. Im trying to encorporate my latin dishes into what fits the lap band and what doesnt.

When I mentioned to my doctor that I would miss my coffee he said why should you give it up? Here's the deal though any time you add anything milk based to your coffee you are on a slippery slope. I read a story on line where a guy asked his friend a Nut. to help him figure out why he had gained 20 pounds. After all he had'nt changed his food habits. Well he had started a job that had free coffee; but he did'nt take it black. He discovered he was adding several hundred calories a day from the sugar (16 cal per teaspoon), and Creamers (20 cal per container). Here in NE at Dunkin Donuts a regular consists of two heaping spoonfuls (larger than tablespoon) of sugar plus two squirts of cream.

Being English i love my cups of tea, but i also have around 2 cups of coffee a day too, all made with skimmed milk, it gives u Protein from the milk, can stave off a little hunger pang till meal time and is very few calories. I certainly wouldnt give it up unless there were medical contra-indications for drinking it :)