Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Or Inches

OK, I know I have mentioned I am not losing the weight like I'd like to, but for some reason my clothes are much looser and it appears I am losing inches. Don't get me wrong I like where the inches seem to be coming off from but is it possible that's what's happening? My body is playing tricks on me. I can truly see the hour glass, yippee!!!!! Does that seem to be the case with anyone else?

Yep thats happening to me. My fill doc says thats good that inches lost means fat loss and thats much harder to gain back than actual pounds. But your like me, I want to see that scale go DOWN!!!

it takes about 2 months for the scale to catch up to inches lost. it is so easy to become obsessed with the scale. focus on how your clothes feel. weigh only once a week, not every day!

I'm an every day weigher! I just like to do it because I feel like it keeps me on track- I don't get depressed if the number is the same or goes up a bit because if one of those is the case, I was already expecting it based on what I consumed the day before. If I'm up one morning, I try a little harder to make better choices that day and usually I see it go down the next day. However, that being said, I'm more concerned about how my clothes fit and I am very excited that almost NONE of my work clothes fit anymore! (but also sad because I have to wear professional clothes and right now I'm rotating between two pairs of pants and a dress!)

I do like to watch the scale, but the big thing for me is how clothes fit, how I look and how I feel. If you haven't already done, measure yourself on the same day each month so you have some numbers to look at that will make you happy! :)

@motivatedlap; I don't weigh myself everyday only when I go for my appointments on the same scale. That way I won't fight with myself on whether i's right or wrong, I accept whatever it says. I used to weigh myself at awkward times like after I worked out or during the middle of the day with no rhyme or reason for it, then I just stopped. I have to say I am glad I can dress like a bum at work and nobody really cares how loose my clothes are (LOL). I just throw on a t shirt, my saggy britches and walk like I am a runway model in Milan.

I have done more shopping than I have in the last year since I started my journey cause it makes me feel good when it fits, but I buy inexpensive clothes that accommodates my size now and will later when I lose more weight. Ross and TJ Maxx are my favorites for now. I bought a dress for $16 accessorized it made it look like a million bucks and felt like Beyonce. I like the curves, now if I could lose the cellulite.

Good luck

OK, I know I have mentioned I am not losing the weight like I'd like to, but for some reason my clothes are much looser and it appears I am losing inches. Don't get me wrong I like where the inches seem to be coming off from but is it possible that's what's happening? My body is playing tricks on me. I can truly see the hour glass, yippee!!!!! Does that seem to be the case with anyone else?

Definitley.....You can go crazy trying to figure these things out. I have been on sort of a plateau, weight loss has slowed way down, but I keep on excercising and I can see and feel a difference even though the scale is not moving that much.

I am gettingt close to my personal goal. I have a appointment in feb. and may ask for a small fill, maybe 1/2 cc to see if that can give me a bump.

I hear that. I'm losing inches, but the scale is barely moving. I get upset about it, but I know inches still mean fat loss. So I guess it's ok, but it's still frustrating.

Long-term benefits of weight loss is often seen as opposed to short-term. We know that if we lose weight, we will sometime in the future was uncertain, we will feel healthier and more vibrant.