Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now That You Have Had The Surgury, What Negatives Have You Experienced Thus Far?

To the Ladies and Guys on this site. I apologise for losing my cool ! It got under my skin, and I got carried away....

So that person has been put on a list where I will not here from them again.

So no prolems in the future from me.

Sorry if I upset anyone, I assure no HARM at all was directed at anyone.

Shirley.

XOXOXO Shirley XOXOXO it's ok, I know exactly how you feel :)

Aside from that Mrs. Lincoln, What did you think of the play????

One of my dear mother's favorite sayings! Rest her soul.

I believe that with anything there are positives and negatives. What is a big problem to someone might not be a big deal to someone else.

My negatives are:

1. Esophageal spasms

2. Wanting to eat dinner out but knowing that I will be sorry if Im not really careful

3. Getting food stuck even after I know that I have no business eating that food

4. Explaining to people that even after all of these things I still feel that it was completely worth it.

5. Having my kids say "Mom you're making the face - are you going to throw up"

My kids do the same thing to me. "Mom, are you stuck?" Or worse announcing it to people who don't know I have the band. I eat too fast and take too big of a bite and wham! I don't enjoy going out to eat with friends anymore because they look at me like, "Oh...... are you ok?" Even the ones that know I have the band don't understand that I'm not anorexic or bullemic or anything. My husband always wants to go eat fast food which has nothing to offer me. No more buffets either. Going to big family dinners is not fun either. People think that you don't like their food or something. Every occasion seems to be all about food.

With all that being said, I am very happy. Especially when I slide into my size 10 jeans and my husband tells me my butt looks good!Banane42.gif

With all that being said, I am very happy. Especially when I slide into my size 10 jeans and my husband tells me my butt looks good!Banane42.gif

Amen.

I've been banded since October 4, 2011 and I've lost 44 pounds which includes 20 lbs pre-op weight loss, and I'm really enjoying the weight loss, wearing heels again & feeling so much lighter & a little sexier :-). I'm getting my first fill tomorrow as I have found my appetite increasing. The one negative I have and I hope it is something that goes away is GAS, everything makes me gassy, which is a little inconvenience when around others.. I've become a "fart" machine LOL...However, I don't regret having the surgery, wish I had done it sooner!!

Oh I just thought of a negative - I hate it when you get stuck while you're out, and find you need a toilet quick smart to PB, and your mouth is filling up with saliva like crazy, and you can't get there fast enough. It's happened to me twice - once I didn't quite make it to the toilet. Suffice to say - embarrasing!

Another negative (or maybe it's a positive) - if I am getting 'full' my nose starts to drip. Anyone who's close to me sees me start to sniff and they all look at me like 'ok, stop eating NOW'.

Oh and I can't get falling down drunk coz trust me, you don't want to get alcoholic poisoning with the band. Puking from the bottom of your tummy is NOT fun. It can lead to needing an emergency unfill. Again, not sure that's not really a positive though...

Oh and I can't get falling down drunk coz trust me, you don't want to get alcoholic poisoning with the band. Puking from the bottom of your tummy is NOT fun. It can lead to needing an emergency unfill. Again, not sure that's not really a positive though...

It's definitely a positive.

I've been that drunk once since getting my band and I promise I am not going to do it again. Woke up in the middle of the night feeling like c@@p and thought I'll just make myself vomit as then I will feel a bit better(always worked in the past). Well the theory was good but the practice wasn't. I could not make myself vomit so had to suffer for longer. Lesson learnt.

I would have to say I've encountered quite a few negatives, but I don't regret it at all! My negatives would be suffering from bulemia/anoxeria, for which I am working very hard on it and I assure I am making progress. I also miss being able to eat quick when I'm in a rush. Especially being a nurse at a hospital, I often find myself taking a bite, running to take care of a patient, and then running for another bite. I find it hard to go out to dinner with friends b/c it takes me so long to eat, my husband as adjusted to it though :) lol. I hate the days that nothing seems to stay down. I hate that it feels like every person watches how much I eat and how often I go to the bathroom while I eat.

To the Ladies and Guys on this site. I apologise for losing my cool ! It got under my skin, and I got carried away....

So that person has been put on a list where I will not here from them again.

So no prolems in the future from me.

Sorry if I upset anyone, I assure no HARM at all was directed at anyone.

Shirley.

Shirley, you shouldn't have to apologize, we understand. :-)

Shirley, you shouldn't have to apologize, we understand. :-)

Shirley - youare not the problem. You were just reacting. Funny how the person in question completely missed the point. Oh well - lets go on with positive, informative boards.

Every one knows that !

I still have to excuse my language, because the thought of So much Misinformation for the Newbies, is so wrong, and everyone knows that.

I was involved in the conversation, and was not going to bite for it. If you have a problem, seek out help. Try to improve your self don't just complain. That's useless to the Newbies.

So Lollicat I got cought up in the Heat I don't like getting cursed at, I can talk TRASH too, if I lower myself to that level.

That's why the apology ! Everyone knows I don't come on here just to shoot my Filthey Mouth Off.

So I'm glad it was stopped, because it might have carried on, even more.

Thanks for the 2cents though. Take Care.

Shirley.

Shirley - youare not the problem. You were just reacting. Funny how the person in question completely missed the point. Oh well - lets go on with positive, informative boards.

I know what you mean... The word "DUMB" comes into mind, for some unknown reason.wink.png

My negatives would be that I love to sleep on my stomach, my port is on my left side and I can't lay on my left side anymore. It is just uncomfortable and I concur with the stomach gurgling. I notice it at night mostly when my life is quiet. Of course if you eat to fast, or don't chew properly you can upchuck, ha. With 55lbs. down in a year I am very happy with my choice.

Oh I just thought of a negative - I hate it when you get stuck while you're out, and find you need a toilet quick smart to PB, and your mouth is filling up with saliva like crazy, and you can't get there fast enough. It's happened to me twice - once I didn't quite make it to the toilet. Suffice to say - embarrasing!

Or you get to the public toilet and there is a line! ugh

Or the public toilet backsplash into the eye, have you done that yet? Toilet paper or seat cover into the Water first stops that, if you have time.

And beware of auto-flush. I got a face shower once. DH was shocked that I had washed my entire face after a stuck episode, to include my bangs.... uh, no dear..the restaurant has auto-flush... DOH! He, too, can spot that I am stuck before I know I am, "oh great, you have THE LOOK!" "I'll be right back."