Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Banded Monday 1/9/2012!

Hi I am getting banded Monday! I am starting to get a little nervous! but very excited I am more nervous because i have heard people sayin they cant eat at all or food gets stuck. I dont want to not to be able to eat at all! But I am more excited than anything! any one else a January Bander?!

Best Wishes!!! I hope to be banded by the end of the month....and be a January Bandster! They submitted my paperwork yesterday and will have an answer by 1/18/2012

You'll go through a couple of weeks that you'll have to behave as far as diet,

but it's nothing you can't handle. The surgery itself is the easy part, just

don't forget your slippers and PJs. Lots of luck.

Hi, I am also being banded on Monday, January 9th. I closed up my office today. I've bought everything all of you have recommended or my doctor suggested. I have completed 2 weeks of Optifast and now have 2 days of Clear liquids. I have lost 12 pounds in the last two weeks. So I guess I am as ready as I can be. I am first on the surgery schedule and have to be there early, so my husband and I are staying at a local hotel the night before. My surgery center is over an hour away.

Have been watching around here for the last month or so. Thanks to everyone for the support you show to all the new folks. Your comments have really taught me a lot about the realities of living with the band, both good and challenging.

Hi I am getting banded Monday! I am starting to get a little nervous! but very excited I am more nervous because i have heard people sayin they cant eat at all or food gets stuck. I dont want to not to be able to eat at all! But I am more excited than anything! any one else a January Bander?!

Hi there, I'm getting banded on Tuesday! Like you I am apprehensive, but excited. I'm in Scotland (uk) so traveling to Belgium to have the op....I leave on Monday. Can't wait to get started. Looking forward to following your story,

A, x

Hi I am getting banded Monday! I am starting to get a little nervous! but very excited I am more nervous because i have heard people sayin they cant eat at all or food gets stuck. I dont want to not to be able to eat at all! but I am more excited than anything! any one else a January Bander?!

I'm getting banded on the 17th, right now I'm 4 days into my pre-op diet...so far so good.

Best Wishes to you..I have the same concerns but I pray all will be well.

Hey guys! I'm sending my prayers your way for fast and safe surgeries! Of course everyone is different, but my husband I were banded less than 3 weeks ago. We've been up and walking since after the surgery. Slow around the house at first, but since a week out, I've been trying to walk a mile or two .. or three a day. So far, my husband has lost 36 lbs and I have lost 27!!!!! The biggest tip i can give you is no matter what, get your Protein in. Even if you get a little more get it in!

At the two week mark we've been moved onto the soft foods so we've been eating chicken, tuna fish, slow cooker pork, baked fish, we had bison burgers (no bun) tonight. Greek yogurt is also great. You'll be able to eat good, you will just eat a lot less!

Best of Luck!!

Thanks guys for all the support! I am packing my bag tonight! so i dont forget anything..i cant believe the BIG day has come soo fast! I am also the first surgery which i am soo happy about because i feel like that would make me more anxious! I cant wait to begin this new journey with all of you! i am so glad i am getting it donE(esp only being 20 y.o.) i am ready to start living a healthy, more active life! best of luck to all you january bandsters lol...ill post after the surgery to update you all! <3

Thinking about you today and saying a prayer for you!!

To all of you new bandsters - Good Luck!!! I love my band through the good times and the bad. And yes there are bad times. Don't be surprised or scared just work through it and move on. The first weeks after surgery are no picnic and I was sure that I had made a big mistake at first but after a while it all works out and things are great. You have a new life ahead: always being the person who decides where to eat because everyone will ask "is there anything there that you can eat", knowing every bathroom everywhere you go because you can't seem to know your limits, having people say "oh my god you look terrific" - I never get tired of that one, getting off of bp meds, shopping in the regular sized clothing departments, sitting on the bleachers and your but hurting because you don't have as much cushion anymore, etc. I could go on but you get the hint. Enjoy your journey!!!

Hi guys! thanks all so much for the support! i am feeling great! already down 20 lbs! i only have some slight discomfort but i feel like its mostly gas. but other than that im feeling amazing! the day of surgery i was up walking around. the only complication i had thus far was i had an allergic reaction to one of the antibiotics but it was minor! good luck to everyone especially the January bandsters!

I just got banded on 01/13/12. So far the only issue I've had is gas pain. I also think I've done too much too soon. I'm already back and work, and I think that was kind of a mistake. Today I feel better than I have, yesterday was bad. Surgery was a breeze.

I just got banded on 01/13/12. So far the only issue I've had is gas pain. I also think I've done too much too soon. I'm already back and work, and I think that was kind of a mistake. Today I feel better than I have, yesterday was bad. Surgery was a breeze.

Starting Weight 223. Goal 135. Banded 01/13/2012

I was banded Yesterday the 16th!!! I feel like I got hit by a truck today....yesterday wasn't so bad....I do get up an walk around some to keep things on the up and up! I know things will get better!teeth_smile.gif

I got banded January 13th, 2012. It was tough at first, but I just got my second fill today and I'm really excited now about my band.