Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am glad to here you are doing well Debbie! looking forward to a shake tomorrow just on clear stuff today.

Will

WOO HOO FEB BANDSTERS! No doubt several of you have gotten your journey started - I'm a Dec Bandster but I just wanted to wish you luck, and let you know that YOU CAN DO THIS! Enjoy the ride my friends! <3

WOO HOO FEB BANDSTERS! No doubt several of you have gotten your journey started - I'm a Dec Bandster but I just wanted to wish you luck, and let you know that YOU CAN DO THIS! Enjoy the ride my friends! <3

Thanks for the encourgament- if you dont mind me asking, who was your doctor? I am also from the Portland area.

Got mine February 1st. Good luck to all those still waiting!

Got my surgery date ,Feb 16th. Started all liqued diet today. Sucks, I want a pizza...LOL

nervious, excited, hoping the next week flys by .......

Let's stay in touch because we are scheduled for the same day. Where are you located at??

Got mine February 1st. Good luck to all those still waiting!

How are you feeling?

How are you feeling?

Actually, I feel pretty great. The shoulder pain was the worst, and something I didn't expect, but it only really lasted about 2-3 days. I didn't have much issue with gas, but I know some people do, so I did Gas-x preemptively and maybe that helped. My incisions itch, but have never really hurt. The largest one feels sore (like a mild pulled muscle) but it's much better than I expected.

At my 1 week follow up appointment, I did have to beg the surgeon to let me try mushies, because liquids were driving me bonkers. Everything I was allowed to eat tasted sweet, and I have never been a fan of sweets. Since I was doing so well (not even a titch of nausea since waking from surgery) I got the okay. Let me tell you, a quarter cup of puréed black bean Soup and I felt like a whole new woman! Lol.

@ morelgirl

It is great to hear you are doing good. I did get me some gas x strips today just in case I will need them. Congrats on getting to mushies!! LOL...

I have surgery on the 16th. My doctor requires all his patients to do Optifast for 2 weeks prior to surgery. That is all thin liquids so liquids after surgery will not be a problem for me, I hope. But I do look forward to have food with some texture as soon as possible after surgery.

I hope you continue to do good. I have added you as a friend so we can stay in touch.

Hello, Everyone! My surgery is scheduled for February 14th. My Valentine's Day present to myself...lol. I have been doing the pre-op liquid diet since Tuesday and am really anxious to get the surgery over with! I have struggled with having to grocery shop for my kids, or make them food, etc. But I'm staying strong!! I'm finding it interesting to see how people are doing right after surgery and discovering what I need to prepare for. Any guidance or suggestions, is much appreciated! I will be spending Tuesday night in the hospital. How long do people normally take off work?? My Clear Liquids and Protein Shake diet consists of Atkins Advantage shakes, Water, Powerade Zero, sugar free Jello and popsicles, and broth. Any other suggestions??? By the way, I'm in the St. Louis area and my Dr is Dr. Follwell. Good luck to everyone!!!

Hello, Everyone! My surgery is scheduled for February 14th. My Valentine's Day present to myself...lol. I have been doing the pre-op liquid diet since Tuesday and am really anxious to get the surgery over with! I have struggled with having to grocery shop for my kids, or make them food, etc. But I'm staying strong!! I'm finding it interesting to see how people are doing right after surgery and discovering what I need to prepare for. Any guidance or suggestions, is much appreciated! I will be spending Tuesday night in the hospital. How long do people normally take off work?? My Clear Liquids and Protein Shake diet consists of Atkins Advantage shakes, Water, Powerade Zero, sugar free Jello and popsicles, and broth. Any other suggestions??? By the way, I'm in the St. Louis area and my Dr is Dr. Follwell. Good luck to everyone!!!

Congratrulations to all of you that are banded now. I hope you will continue to feel better. I look forward to reading more of your posts as you progress. I have to start my low carb diet next Wednesday (Feb 15) so....as much as I love Olive Garden, I may just have to save up my weight watchers points that day so that I can have my chicken Alfredo that night, because I may never be able to do Pasta again. 001_huh.gifnonod.giflaugh.png One never knows. I know some that can, and some that can't. Anyway.....it's getting more and more REAL as the days are drawing closer. I will be a pile of nerves by the 29th! Oh my! I wish those you you with upcoming surgeries very well. loving this thread!

Hi Heather,

I am 4 days banded and doing fine. There is some pain, shoulders as reported by others, and sore belly making it hard to get up and out of chairs and bed, but other than that doing fine. I went shopping a few days before my surgery so that I would have a variety of things on hand. I bought the Low Carb Slim Fast and they are fine. Also bought some EAS Protein Powder. Also bought some Soups to blend. I checked out the Protein content and discovered that pea, lentil, and bean are higher than most soups. Someone suggested Progresso Tuscany Chicken; I had that yesterday and not too bad. Some of the other things I got are sugar-free Jello and popsicles, Lite V8 Splash, variety of tea flavors, black Beans and tomatoes ( I heard it's good when you blend them together for a soup; haven't tried it yet though). Also bought some Greek vanilla yogurt to add to the protein smoothies to kick the protein up a notch. Yesterday I made a banana protein smoothie but you have to be careful these first two weeks of the chunks left in it. Blend it really really well. Today I made one with blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries, but it had way too much pulp and seeds left in it so I had to strain it really well. Probably won't make that one again. Tasted good though. Don't forget the chapstick because you really will need it. Walk around as much as you can afterwards, and use your spirometer to keep your lungs clear. Didn't do that 2 yrs. ago and ended up in the emergency room. Good luck......you will do fine.

Well I just hit the 24 hour mark since my surgery at 10:30 and feeling pretty good. Belly is a little sore but mostly my legs hurt from walking too much which is strange since I do walk a lot in general. Finally able to go to the bathroom regularly without just standing there praying to pee i think i went 5 times over the night which was awesome!

I am sucking at this Protein Shake only diet. My Pre-op diet instructions says if I need to cheat, I should only eat a small chicken breast or meat no sides, but to do it seldom. Well I'm on day 5 and I've only made it thru 1 day without a small cheat.

I think the sweet taste of the shakes are getting to me. My kids get worried because they see me gag and make 'vomiting' sounds after I've had one. Nothing's coming up but definitely doesn't feel good (its not the taste of the shake that part I like). I'm scared this will be my reaction post surgery (protein shake diet first 5 days). Which I hear any vomiting post op is a no-no.

Anyone out there have similar experience or have any encouraging words of advice?

I am sucking at this Protein Shake only diet. My Pre-op diet instructions says if I need to cheat, I should only eat a small chicken breast or meat no sides, but to do it seldom. Well I'm on day 5 and I've only made it thru 1 day without a small cheat.

I think the sweet taste of the shakes are getting to me. My kids get worried because they see me gag and make 'vomiting' sounds after I've had one. Nothing's coming up but definitely doesn't feel good (its not the taste of the shake that part I like). I'm scared this will be my reaction post surgery (protein shake diet first 5 days). Which I hear any vomiting post op is a no-no.

Anyone out there have similar experience or have any encouraging words of advice?

What kind of Protein Shakes are you drinking? Just curious because I drink one that is delicious!!!