Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Down And Discouraged

was banded on Halloween and well had a fill of 2 ccs on Dec. 5th. I have not lost since the fill. I have lost about 20 lbs since the surgery but not this past month. I'm in panic depressed mode to not see a movement on the scale. anyone else had this happen? I go for another fill on Jan 12th. Not much longer now. I am finding myself really getting down this past week. Is this normal?

i am in exactly the same boat! I was banded on the 14th and have had two fills, but I know that when I get my next fill I will lose! I did on my second fill, but as you lose it loosens up the band. So I need another fill. Please dont be discouraged. it is a process to get your band right. It is slower for some of us than others, but the key is you are down from where you started. Who cares if it takes a little longer, we are losing!! Just wait till your fill and you too will finally start to feel the restriction!! It will finally start moving the scale downward!!

Yup me to. Banded on 10/07 i have had 2 fills an lost 20 lbs. I go in monday for another fill. I know as soon as we feel restriction this weight will just come right off. :) lets do this!

Wondering if you are better after your 2nd fill? I was banded Oct 2 and I feel your pain! My second fill help a very little bit but I get my nest one on 02/02. I know it will do the trick. I also have started doing low carb. I know I can't do that long term but I need the scale to move. Anyway Good luck!!

Hey Guys,

I'm in the same boat. I just had my third fill on Friday, and I'm now at 6cc in a 7cc band (though Dr was telling me that it's actually a 14/15cc band, but they call it 7 because that's when most people feel restriction? I'm so confused).

Anyway, he told me I needed to go three days liquids and be very careful as I went from 4.5cc to 6cc and he thoguht I'd be very restricted. I've been really good with following the liquids/mushies before, but this time I just caved. I've just eaten a large amount of solid foods over the past 3 hours and I'm so ashamed and disappointed. Including fresh bread, which I can still manage FINE.

I've NO restriction still, and I'm now worried I may have stretched my stomach? I'm just finding it so depressing right now, and I know a lot of it is me. But I'm out of work at the moment, and paid for this op myself...and I just feel like I've thrown away my savings at this and it's just not working.

I'm also afraid to get on the scales, but I don't think I've lost much weight at all. Maybe 3/4kg.

Feel so deflated. I can't seem to break my unhealthy relationship with food at all.