Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Gone Back To Preop Diet To Get Back On Track?

After stepping on the scales this morning, I've gone from 214 at the beginning of December to 227! I knew I needed a fill a couple of months ago, but I wanted to enjoy the holidays. Major mistake! I have a fill scheduled for Friday and my doctor always requires me to stay on liquids for three days following then go to mushies and slowly advance myself to solids.

Has anyone ever gone back to their all liquid preop diet just to get back on track? I really think this all becomes a mind over matter thing. I'm feeling the need to detox myself from all the bad things I've put in my body. When I first got my lapband a little over a year ago, I would not attempt to eat anything that was not solid Protein or low fat/fat free. Now that I've lost over 100 lbs., I've found myself going back to my old habits and it is showing. I really want to lose another 50 lbs. and need to get back on track. Any suggestions?

I've thought about it, but I can't physically force myself to do liquids. I'd give up after 1 Protein Shake haha.

Yes! I just started yesterday. Have you heard of the 5 day pouch test? It's not really a "test," it's designed to re-acquaint us with our tools . . . and it works!

5day pouch test is great. It really puts you back in touch with how it feels when we first get banded. Google it an it will pop right up. I went back to it for a bit an it really refocused me. Hope it works for you too ;-)

UGH NOOOO, but I think im going too. Im just freaken hungry .. didnt have a fill yet .

Snacking on Bull **** stuff.

getting very aggravated .

Sorry to vent. but im getting mad. I just want a fill to help me feel full . I was full the first 2-3 weeks.

Now I can eat a COW . Even ate bad stuff today and had heartburn .. I have not had heart burn in a month . :(

I have gone back on liquids for a few days when I feel things may be getting out of whack. Mainly when I feel my band just is not tight and I am not getting the restriction I am used to, my portions get larger than they should be,or when I have hit a plateau.

The 5 day pouch test is basically the same thing.

2 days Protein shakes, along with Soups. All Liquids.

Then introduce mushies, so on and so on.

Liquids will not sit in your pouch thereby letting it return to it's intended size.

If you do not, or never had restriction.....never had a fill, I do not believe this will help you other than it may be a good diet!

UGH NOOOO, but I think im going too. Im just freaken hungry .. didnt have a fill yet .

Snacking on Bull **** stuff.

getting very aggravated .

Sorry to vent. but im getting mad. I just want a fill to help me feel full . I was full the first 2-3 weeks.

Now I can eat a COW . Even ate bad stuff today and had heartburn .. I have not had heart burn in a month . sad.png

Unfortunately, for you, it is all about will power and determination. Just as it was before you had the surgery.

Some people do very well at this point, without any fills. I do not! I have failed time and time again when it comes down to

my own discipline.

The goal of the process is to get you to the "Green Zone" where your appetite and portions are brought under control.

The first fill may not be enough, although it will help.

It took me 3 fills, each one month apart. So it was 4 months of "Bandster Hell" for me. But it did get easier as time went on.

I know I know I know lol ..... I was so good in the beginning, I just wasn't hungry at all. I thought WOW, this is great. Im getting down what i'm suppose to and that's it.. Almost 15 lbs drop FAST.

Now I "THINK" im just hungry all the time.

Im starting to wonder if it's just boredom . Im a stay at home mom ( that should explain a lot) lol .

I just need to get into that ZONE again.

Today I actually for up and started painting the trim in my living room , that's when I realized Im definitely eating out of boredom.

So I guess I need to just keep myself busy .

Thanks for the feed back !!

I am in the same bandster hell! I don't get my first fill till Jan 16th and I am nervous about recording everything I have eaten today. It is so frustrating because I lost 13 pounds the first two weeks and now I have gained a few pounds back. I am just so hungry all the time. I'm trying to work out to balance out the calories but the familiar guilt is back. Jan 16th can't come fast enough!

It feels good to know that I am not the only one and that things will get better.

I have tried going back to liquids to help get back on track. Some tries have been more successfull then others. I have been like a rollercoaster since I lost all the excess weight about a year ago. At this point I am 20 pounds above my target. I think it's worth a try for sure. Good luck!

It seems like the only time I lose a significant amount of weight is when I'm on liquids. My fiance is having the lap band surgery in February so I plan to follow his post op diet with him for support. If I happen to lose weight in the process, only the better for me!