Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

That's awesome Nicki!! Congrats! I wish the scale would move back down for me. Feels like all I'm doing is for nought. ugh! Don't need more restriction...I wouldn't be able to eat at all if I did that. oh well...I'm still better off now than where I was a year and a half ago. :)

Keep it up Chrissy, the scale will move eventually! And you are down more than 100 lbs, I wish I hadn't stalled myself out, I was down over 80 lbs! And now I have to fight my way back down. At least you're not gaining, that is a victory in and of itself!!!

Nicki

Yay Nicki, on the loss! I'm with Chrissylu, unfortunately. So we'll both have to keep at it. Like you, Chrissy, I wonder "what gives?" I'm really sticking to the calories and working ou, even been logging all week!

My sore throat is gone, all on it's own. Such a worry wart I am!

Hi everyone! Lady B- just keep on doing the right things- remember, you dont' have nearly as much weight and fat to lose as you did before. You'er doing great! I weigh around what you weighed when you started.

I painted dd's room yesterday, cleaned it all out, and moved some beds arounds. I'm hurting today! LOL. But it looks good. She's 8 and went from pink to green. It was a lot of exercise! Lots of projects going on here.

Everyone have a great day today!

Nicki

Painting is great exercise Nicki. Uses all those upper back and mid back muscles we don't usually use.

I know I'm at a weight many are still working to get to, but the frustration is still the same when the scale doesn't move, lol!

I was not at my highest-weight-ever when I was banded and sometimes I forget how far I have come. Thank you for making me think of this!

Pink to green ... How very grown up for your little one!

How's everyone else doing out there??

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be running around as usual, so probably won't post, but will check in to see how you are doing. :-)

hi everyone! It's been crazy at work this past week, and not going to get better for a couple weeks, and I totally forgot to check in yesterday. Doing okay, lost another half pound last week. Everything on track, getting exercise in. Went to zumba yesterday and boy am I feeling it today in my hips, which is great cause I sure need it there!

Hi LadyB, yes, I know it's still frustrating when the scale refuses to move. But now you have so much less to lose :) .

Everyone post away, how is everyone? Otaknam, Sue, Chrissy, etc?

Have a great day today!

Nicki

Banded in January too but haven't wrote on this post for a while. I feel like I might finally be in the green zone.

I saw a few of you are on my fitness pal. Would you add me? Giddiup222

It would be great and encouraging to see all of your success knowing we were banded the same month!

Hello strangers! I'm back! Wow so much has happened with everyone! So here is my update. We sold the house, got our divorce and I am happy again! I have a cute little apartment, 2 kittens (Cinna & Lily), I got rid of the family gas guzzling car and bought a 2008 Prius, and requested a sight transfer at work and got it! Things have been great emotionally. My work is easier and my life is calmer. I am back to working out 4 days a week and annexing in extra cardio 2 of those days. My eating is pretty good except for weekends. Someone mentioned Cookies earlier well that is me too! Oh and I live a block away from Dairy Queen! When I first moved in it was almost a daily visit but I have gotten it down to a treat once every few weeks. I am back up to 188, but under the stress I was going through I'm going to cut myself some slack. I hope to loose a pound a week and have a new goal of 160 by next spring. If it happens sooner then great! I am no longer seeing my dr since I can afford the $250 for a 5 minute visit and a possible fill, but I think I am in the green zone and have been for awhile. I have only puked 3 times in the last 3 months but it was due to eating too fast when I was too hungry. Well that is my update. I will comment on everyone later this week!

Everyone have a fantastic week!

Hi everyone. Hi Nicole. Glad things are settling in for you.

I'm doing well. Exercising a lot and dropping sizes. Weight is hanging steady at 160-163, but I must be building a lot of muscle because my size is shrinking. :-)

Happy Halloween!

Well here I am again. Let me share a new twist in my journey. My bariatric doctor just up and quit. WTH...

So had to find a new one. Thank goodness we have another gal in town willing to take on his clients. Well my medical records from Dr. Lee show I am suppose to have 10.5 c 's in my 14 cc band. Well my new doctor did a complete withdraw to see where I was at. Well upon the draw found only 7 c 's instead. Now I do not know about others insurance but mine did/does not cover all fills so I have covered at least 3 fills at $250 each. No I am wondering just where in the neck did 3.5 c 's disappear ed to? Has anyone else ever had this happen? So with only 7.25 c 's in as of this week I and still Dow from 275 to 154 just feel taken to cleaners in so many levels. Doctor is gone, my staff I trusted and support group all GONE Plus I have a hard time getting logged on to this site.

Hi everyone. I just dropped in to see what condition my condition is in. (lol...I crack me up.) Seriously..I hate that I haven't been on much lately. Maintaining but would still like to get rid of about 13 lbs I gained back. Nicole...glad to see you back & getting your life back. Otaknam...wow! Hang in there...one day at a time. Gotta run...only a few left on my lunch break. Keep up the good work all!

Ha! Hi all. Took me a few weeks to realize that it wasn't my Internet connection that was making LBT never load, it's a whole new app!! I'm a slow learner sometimes!

Otaknam, I would feel so lost and abandoned if that happened to me; at least you have a new doc that seems to know which way is up. I've heard that over time some of the Fluid can evaporate; that's why we continue maintenance fills after reaching goal sometimes. I have an appt next week: will update you on what I find there.

Chrissy, good to see back on; life gets hectic sometimes.

oh my heck, it's all new! Well, I found all y'all! i'm headed in the right direction, from 234 in August of this year to 203.5 as of yesterday. Yay! My goal is to be below 200 lbs by the end of the year.

We also got LOTS of pets all at once- a puppy (well, 7 months old and 130 lbs!!) and 2 cats. And we'll get another puppy- this time a puppy puppy- in March if all goes well, The dogs are Anatolian Shepherds. They're great dogs- very very smart. So now my goal is to weigh less than the dog! Full grown he'll approach 200 lbs, so it should be doable, LOL.

I am logging EVERYTHING on MFP (right, mfp pal Chrissy?). It totally keeps me on track. And I'm planning on 2 ice cream binges a year, once in February and one in August. Then I have something to look forward to, LOL, and can be good the rest of the year. Zumba and some dog walking- I could definitely up the exercise, but so far so good.

I'll try to be on here more!
Nicki

oh, and I'm putting it out to the universe and for all of you to think good thoughts for a job change that hopefully will happen!!! Like Nicole, it would make a world of difference to me!

JDI, you're on a roll! So good to hear your cheery voice here. Did Thanksgiving treat you well?

I was down 4 lbs at my check up, at 160, no fill.

Kinda gross, but post nasal drip from the change in weather seems to be making me less hungry.

I'll have another check up in March or April (my choice to schedule so soon).

How is everyone? We seem to be getting busy and falling off here....