Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Since I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary and still have a lot to lose......I wanted to pretend I was going back in for surgery. So I went back to Clear Liquids for 2 days. Now you know how fun that is! And of course, it's never a perfect day for me either, but I still did awesome. In the past 7 days I lost 8 lbs! Yayyyyy! Ready to see some progress again in this journey. Only 6 more lbs to lose to get down to the lowest I've been since surgery, you know how it goes. Up down up down. But I've always steadily kept the loss down. I'm hoping everyone is doing well. We are coming up on the holiday season and that can be an issue. I'm going to try and be very conscious of if that bite is really really worth the calories. Hoping to hear from you all, bundle up, stay warm, and have a wonderful holiday season everyone!

Kymie! Great to hear your update! I think we all should do an "anniversary" pouch test like you did. 8 pounds gone is awesome, and it does go to show that the band continuously does it's part if we do ours. Just wondering, how much more do you have until goal? You and I have both done a great job at not gaining back, yay, us! I had for a while thought to make 145 my goal, but I am truly very happy with 160 at almost 5'7. I'm going to try your anniversary reset as part of this team, though. Anyone else?

Holiday eating has been OK as far as not gaining for me. Choosing the right foods is another issue, I went on a chocolate kick last week that upset my stomach. Too much chocolate or sugar or fatty foods gives me kind of a sour stomach; not to mention makes me very sleepy. I was a little low on Iron at my last blood test, so my focus this year is getting the right, healthy foods in again -- just like my first year.

Check in ladies!

Kymie! Great to hear your update! I think we all should do an "anniversary" pouch test like you did. 8 pounds gone is awesome, and it does go to show that the band continuously does it's part if we do ours. Just wondering, how much more do you have until goal? You and I have both done a great job at not gaining back, yay, us! I had for a while thought to make 145 my goal, but I am truly very happy with 160 at almost 5'7. I'm going to try your anniversary reset as part of this team, though. Anyone else? Holiday eating has been OK as far as not gaining for me. Choosing the right foods is another issue, I went on a chocolate kick last week that upset my stomach. Too much chocolate or sugar or fatty foods gives me kind of a sour stomach; not to mention makes me very sleepy. I was a little low on Iron at my last blood test, so my focus this year is getting the right, healthy foods in again -- just like my first year. Check in ladies!

i have lost 92 lbs, and have at least 140 more to lose. my highest was 355 at 5'3.5". i would to at least see 130 tops. will see when i get closer to goal. lost another 1.5 yesterday, even though totm dreading the addition of exercise again, but will ease into it so i can make it a habit instead of a chore!

Hi All,

Thought I would check in. I was banded in Jan. 2012 as well. My two year anniversary is fast approaching. I had hoped to be at goal by now. To be honest, I was very successful in Year 1, losing 80 lbs but got comfortable and complacent in Year 2. I have lost just over 90 lbs in total. I'm 0.5 lb from Onderland.

I have just recently got my head back in the game & am ready to finish what I started. 40 lbs to goal. Look out, here I come. :)

Hi Steph! Welcome to our board! Seems we've all become lax in posting here this season, but I always check in to see what's going on ... And will be here with you as you lose that last 40! :-)

Hello Ladies! Anyone still out there?

Hey everyone.. I was banded Jan 15, 2013.. I have lost 55 lbs so far.. I have been stalled the past month.. but I am going to do the liver shrinking diet I did before surgery.. I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks .. christmas Cookies and candy have been kicking my butt .. I got up this morning with the resolve to get back to business.. I have been happy with my progress so far and don't want to get back into bad habits... Happy New Year to everyone...

Hi everyone! Sorry its been so long since posting. 4th Quarter has been crazy here at work. I pray you all had a wonderful Christmas, Hanakuh (sp?), holiday that you celebrate! Wishing everyone a Happy New Year too! Hi Shelly and Sharpie! Sharpie...don't worry about starting over. The majority of us on this thread were banded January 2012...we are coming up on our 2 year bandiversaries (wow! 2 years!!). I think all of us have "started over" more than once. :) its okay...that's the beauty of the band! Shelly, I can't speak for everyone else, but I chose the band because its less invasive than gastric by-pass. It also "moves" with you, so to speak. Meaning...that if I'm too restricted because of sickness or maybe I'm dehydrated...or just too much Fluid in the band...it can be adjusted. If I'm able to eat too much...they can take care of that too. My mom didn't have that luxury with gastric by-pass. if she had days where she couldn't eat, she had to suffer through it. That being said, you have to do the research and figure out what you feel is going to be best for you. The band is not perfect. We've all had our struggles with it. God bless and good luck to you! To all my other friends here: Praying many blessings for you in 2014, continued good health & success, and for all of us to keep up with each other here. :)

have to do a swallow test next mon due to heartburn. said its a sign the band is too full. now you know how protective we are of those fills....!

Hello everybody, my surgery is friday. I have been on the liquid well it will be 4 weeks friday. My doctor decides how many weeks you have to do by your bmi. I have lost 23 pds so far. It has been very difficult, I drink the kroger brand slimfast which is called slim rite. It taste alittle better. I can't wait for this surgery to be over. And can't wait to get thin and healthy!!

have to do a swallow test next mon due to heartburn. said its a sign the band is too full. now you know how protective we are of those fills....!

Good Luck, Kymie. Hope all is well, and let us know. If you have to lose some fill to get rid of heartburn, It would be a good choice overall, though.

Hello everybody, my surgery is friday. I have been on the liquid well it will be 4 weeks friday. My doctor decides how many weeks you have to do by your bmi. I have lost 23 pds so far. It has been very difficult, I drink the kroger brand slimfast which is called slim rite. It taste alittle better. I can't wait for this surgery to be over. And can't wait to get thin and healthy!!

Wish good things for you.

Kymie, how did the test go???

all good on the swallow test thank goodness. just need some nexium. i was worried i had slipped or stretched but doc said all looks perfect.