Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Doing good, no ice cream tonight, exercised today, under calories. Yay me!!

Ugh doing bad! What's my problem? Where did my mojo go?!

No exercise & ate bad! I feel like I am playing Chutes & Ladders. Up to he next level the back down the slide! Well I've owned it and tomorrow is a new day!

Sue it sounds like you have an amazing life! Trade yah!!

Way to go Nicki!! What is your replacement food?

Nicole- while I was doing well I ate those small snack pack puddings- 1 or 2 of them- every night. The full sugar ones. I counted them in my calories, it was all good, so I''m going back to those. I eat them with a baby food spoon, so they last awhile, LOL.

Please send thoughts and prayers my way, everyone- went back to the doc with DH- who has had a pacemaker placed a couple years ago, now has congestive heart failure and has been losing weight like crazy- 5 more pounds since being seen for his physical just this past December- and now DH has an ultrasound scheduled for today as his doctor is "concerned about pancreatic cancer." Though DH has been seriously depressed (got a script for antidepressants yesterday, yay!!) so it might be that- but he's lost like 70 lbs in under a year- he's at 160 lbs and he's 6'2". So, as bad as this sounds, I'm really praying it's just serious depression and not pancreatic cancer. And the doc didn't mention the cancer to DH, as he knows him really well and knows he'd freak out totally- while DH was getting his blood drawn the doc came in and spoke with me about his concerns. So we'll see.........

Nicki

need to get motivated, grrrr. on another note i still buy clothes too big, the smaller sizes just look too small.

Sent from my iPod touch using LapBandTalk

Nicki...sending prayers your way. Praying that it's nothing serious with your DH. Nicole1...praying for you too as you take this next big step. Its never easy but know that we are all here for you! I know there are others I should reply to but I'm having to do this on my phone. For some reason I can't sign in on my laptop. :( I bombed today...but I logged and owned it all. Going to try to go to the gym tomorrow. I have a check up next week and may have doc out just teensy bit more in my band. I must try to detox again & get rid of these carb/candy cravings!

Oh..and I'm chrissyluther on MFP.

OMG.... I have not been able to log in for a month. Not sure how I got in here tonight but will let you all know I have missed this group. I am now sitting at 186 and finding it hard to move to a lower number. I have 1 year and 3 weeks in and 11 pounds shy of the 100 I wanted to have off by NOW...... But I have noticed my eyes are not working for some reason. I look in the mirror and I still see the 275 pounder. My clothes size have gone way down but I do not see it in the mirror for myself.

I am hoping to be able to get back in here on a regular bases to post but will have to see if it will let me sign in. glad to see everyone is doing well. Hope to be back soon. Thanks for being here. I have noticed that this Minnesota cold hits my bones a bit faster now with the pounds off.

Another rough day. Work was horrible and I cried all of the way home. If it wasn't for my daughter I would have stopped at the bakery on my way home. She suggested coffee & a chat. And that was nice. I think I need to make an appointment with my psychiatrist. I feel way more weepy and just plain old depressed lately. I know the stressors in my life can be affecting my mood but I just don't feel like me at all lately.

Nicki I hope all goes well with DH. And remember antidepressants take at least 3 weeks to really start to take effect so be patient and watch for side effects. The 1st one might not be right for him. Good luck! I think I'll get some pudding that isn't sugar free. I have seen those chocolate moose ones and have not let myself try them so maybe now is the time.

Otkanam I am right at 86lbs give or take a lbs depending on the day. I have been stuck there since my weigh in in January. I wonder if hitting our 1 yr bandiversary is what has put some of us in a slump?? I know what you mean about the mirror. Sometimes when I am down I see that 270 girl too but my ID badge from work always makes me smile because I can totally see the difference from then to now.

You guys will love this story: I was working on a visual schedule for a 2nd grade Autistic girl and we were looking through some of my pics. She saw one of me last year sitting at my desk. She shrieks, "that's you!" I said, " yes I have lost some weight since then". She then asked, "did you have a boob job back then too because your boobs were huge!" You can always count on a kid to be honest!!!

Another rough day. Work was horrible and I cried all of the way home. If it wasn't for my daughter I would have stopped at the bakery on my way home. She suggested coffee & a chat. And that was nice. I think I need to make an appointment with my psychiatrist. I feel way more weepy and just plain old depressed lately. I know the stressors in my life can be affecting my mood but I just don't feel like me at all lately.

Nicki I hope all goes well with DH. And remember antidepressants take at least 3 weeks to really start to take effect so be patient and watch for side effects. The 1st one might not be right for him. Good luck! I think I'll get some pudding that isn't sugar free. I have seen those chocolate moose ones and have not let myself try them so maybe now is the time.

Otkanam I am right at 86lbs give or take a lbs depending on the day. I have been stuck there since my weigh in in January. I wonder if hitting our 1 yr bandiversary is what has put some of us in a slump?? I know what you mean about the mirror. Sometimes when I am down I see that 270 girl too but my ID badge from work always makes me smile because I can totally see the difference from then to now.

You guys will love this story: I was working on a visual schedule for a 2nd grade Autistic girl and we were looking through some of my pics. She saw one of me last year sitting at my desk. She shrieks' date=' "that's you!" I said, " yes I have lost some weight since then". She then asked, "did you have a boob job back then too because your boobs were huge!" You can always count on a kid to be honest!!![/quote']

What ever the issue I pray for u. Depression is something at times we live through. I say through because at the end of the day we must be strong and have faith that god got our backs. Rather life to hard or handed us a hand full of bull we still have to remember to be strong. Encourage one another but also ourselves and make it past this day. U be the courageous person it took to get that surgery and start this journey. And if need be u ask for a way to know what it is in life you need to do about your job and be sure and move toward your passion in life. God will show u

Hi everyone! Another successful food day yesterday. I didn't work out, as I went with DH to this ultrasound appointment (no word yet, they don't say anything til the doc gets to read it). But no ice cream, no binging.

Nicole- glad your daughter saved you from the evil bakery, LOL. And really, good for you for crying it out. Sometimes you just have to feel your feelings, hard though it might be. Good advice about the antiD's, the doc said that as well. This one is also supposed to help him eat more, LOL. He's lost so much weight, it is not good. Super funny about the boob job comment :)

Chrissy- yep, even if I have a bad day it is only ONE if I own it. If I don't log it into MFP then one day turns into a whole lot more days. So today is all new, you can do it!

Otaknam! Good to see you! I'll bet you're a lot colder now with all that weight off!! The funny side effects, LOL. I do that too, still see the bigger me. At first I could really tell, but now I just see how much further I have to go. Sigh. It's a process, we'll get there, it's not like there's a time limit, right?

Bneen- hi there! Tell us about yourself! Are you a new bandster? Welcome! And why are you up so early, LOL!!

Everyone have a great day, post here, we're all in this together, right???

And Meredith, thinking of you!!

Nicki

Hi everyone! Another successful food day yesterday. I didn't work out' date=' as I went with DH to this ultrasound appointment (no word yet, they don't say anything til the doc gets to read it). But no ice cream, no binging.

Nicole- glad your daughter saved you from the evil bakery, LOL. And really, good for you for crying it out. Sometimes you just have to feel your feelings, hard though it might be. Good advice about the antiD's, the doc said that as well. This one is also supposed to help him eat more, LOL. He's lost so much weight, it is not good. Super funny about the boob job comment :)

Chrissy- yep, even if I have a bad day it is only ONE if I own it. If I don't log it into MFP then one day turns into a whole lot more days. So today is all new, you can do it!

Otaknam! Good to see you! I'll bet you're a lot colder now with all that weight off!! The funny side effects, LOL. I do that too, still see the bigger me. At first I could really tell, but now I just see how much further I have to go. Sigh. It's a process, we'll get there, it's not like there's a time limit, right?

Bneen- hi there! Tell us about yourself! Are you a new bandster? Welcome! And why are you up so early, LOL!!

Everyone have a great day, post here, we're all in this together, right???

And Meredith, thinking of you!!

Nicki[/quote']

Well yes I am a newby. I was just banded on valentines day and just came home this Monday. I battled the insurance company for three years plus to be approved. Finally I went to the state of michigan review board about it and the insurance company called two weeks before my hearing and approved me. I cried so hard. I had lost sixty pounds already and was battling to keep it off. So far I've lost eighty with prediet they give u. Well the bad part was that I had two hernias one in the abdominal and one in the navel they knew about one. They also found large amounts if scar tissue around one. So Lapband went well but now I'm recouping with 4 screws and a mesh plate holding my abdominal muscles intact. I'm off work until he allows me to return and I stayed in the hospital five days instead of overnight.

Nick, you are doing great with the no ice cream. I am very proud of you!

Otaknam, welcome. I feel your shivers. I went to college in Mankato many moons ago! Grew up in Roch and have now been in FL for years. You are doing great.

I appreciate all the support from you guys. Losing really slow now. Down to 181, 6 more pounds to go.

Stressed with the government budget issues and furlough just around the corner. But, I am managing it without ood! Pray for our leaders and that they come to an agreement soon, for all of us!

Hi there! Another day without ice cream and I'm doing good! Stepped on the scale this morning, up to 214- but didn't weigh back in the throes of ice cream again so I'm sure I'm down from what I bounced up to. So just need to head back down

Sue- I was just thinking how the weight loss has slowed- I'm sure since I"ve lost a lot my body just doesn't have as much to lose, and is "used" to losing now. That's okay, slow and steady! And my prayers are with you with this sequester thing- I take it you have a government job?

Bneen- that's a lot of repair work done, hon! Take it easy, but do walk as much as you can it really helps with the gas and the healing.

Nicole- how was your night last night? And work yesterday? Thinking of you.

Chrissy- did you get to the gym? How was your day?

How is everyone else doing? MJ2NC, where you at??? Horsegirl? Bueller? Bueller? LOL I'm so 80's

Oh, and no word from the doc about DH's ultrasound, which I take as a good sigh, because surely if it was bad they'd know by now, right?

Nicki

nicki great job with the ice cream !!! hope all is well with dh no news is good news .. well back to the surgeon today after the deflate i gained 9 pounds in 4 weeks ummm no good i want to cry but he put me almost back to where i was they took out 5.5 he put 5 back in so lets hope i get back on track soon.....nicole glad your daughter was there for you sorry you are down in the dumps....have a great night everyone.....