Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalled! Need Suggestions

Had surgery in May..down 70 lbs but now the weight loss seems to have stalled. Finally under 200lbs but only at 198 and it keeps taunting me..lol. Any and all suggestions on how to kickstart and get out of this plateau?? Thanks.

Your body adjust to different excercises and routines. I would suggest changing it up. Do something radical and different. I just ordered the insanity workout and I'm excited about it once I am able to work out. I got banded just yesterday, i'm actually still at the hospital, I get released tonight. Workouts such as insanity and px90 are radical and will definitely put some adreline back into your body and shock your body into changing. Good luck! I sure look forward to loosing at least 70 lbs.

I have the same issue. I was banded January 28, 2011. I started at 236 pds and was down to 170 pds I haven't lost any weight since either in about 4 months. I was apparently too tight. Which is beyond me how I didn't lose a single pound when I wasn't eating anything without getting sick. They took 1cc out about 2 weeks ago and I'm already up to 178 pds. I'm am eating healthy and still working out an hour to 2 hours a day atleast 5 days a week. It is very frustrating. I am almost to my year mark and will have to start praying for fills. I have lost more weight then this on medifast and it came back. I am scared that this is occurring now. If you find something to do then let me know. My dog just chews me out saying I'm hiding something I'm eating from him, but I'm not.

I have the same issue. I was banded January 28, 2011. I started at 236 pds and was down to 170 pds I haven't lost any weight since either in about 4 months. I was apparently too tight. Which is beyond me how I didn't lose a single pound when I wasn't eating anything without getting sick. They took 1cc out about 2 weeks ago and I'm already up to 178 pds. I'm am eating healthy and still working out an hour to 2 hours a day atleast 5 days a week. It is very frustrating. I am almost to my year mark and will have to start praying for fills. I have lost more weight then this on medifast and it came back. I am scared that this is occurring now. If you find something to do then let me know. My dog just chews me out saying I'm hiding something I'm eating from him, but I'm not.

Have you ever thought that you have lost your 40% of excessive weight and now you will have to do the rest. If you read statistics after the first year is the most weight loss then it slows down dramatically. The band is only guaranteed for 40% of excessive weight. If you lose more its just luck. Ive been stuck for 1 year and it didnt matter what I did. Finally the scale started moving again some times you just have to be patient and it will move again.

I had two long plateaus and each time I thought well this is it or I have to start dieting (which I no longer believe in!). I went for a fill both times and started losing again!

Thanks for the advice and suggestions. @ Xavier I'm scared to get another fill because I think I am where I need to be as far as restriction so another fill would make me toooo tight but in the past, whenever I did get a fill I would started losing again for about a month. I thought myself that I may need to do some shock therapy to jump start my metabolism so I will be trying all y'all suggestions. Thanks.

Have you ever thought that you have lost your 40% of excessive weight and now you will have to do the rest. If you read statistics after the first year is the most weight loss then it slows down dramatically. The band is only guaranteed for 40% of excessive weight. If you lose more its just luck. Ive been stuck for 1 year and it didnt matter what I did. Finally the scale started moving again some times you just have to be patient and it will move again.

I don't think loosing weight has anything to do with luck. It's a matter of taking in less calories than you burn. It takes careful food choices and excersise.

i was banded in october and havent hit a plateau yet, but i read something that i thought i would try when it came time, someone said to try the pre op liquid diet for a few days to kick start the weight loss. Sounds like something worth trying.

i was banded in october and havent hit a plateau yet, but i read something that i thought i would try when it came time, someone said to try the pre op liquid diet for a few days to kick start the weight loss. Sounds like something worth trying.

I've been banded since January 13, 2010, so I'm going to my 2 year mark and have not lost much weight in the last year. I've also been quite hypothyroid (had thyroid cancer in 2000 and total thyroidectomy), so I struggle with weight loss from that, too. Tomorrow I'm starting the pre-op liquid diet again - though when I did it 2 years ago, it was Clear liquids only for 2 weeks - and this time I'm doing full liquids and Protein shakes only for about a week & see what it does. My goal for this year is to lose 7-10 pounds a month (or at least try to) so I can hit my goal weight.

Lakeshia

I to had my surgery in May 2011. Started out at 289lbs now stuck at 238lbs since Oct. I don't go back to my doc till Feb. I am looking at what things I'm eating and trying my best to increase exercise which hasn't ever interested me. Zumba classes are my new find love. Thank GOD for my gym membership it makes me go. I have been looking for people banded around the same time as me so please keep in touch. I have been very discouraged lately due my weight being stuck for so long. I had 1cc put in on Sept 1st then had to go get .5cc taken out the next day I couldn't even keep Water down lost 4lbs over nite and throwing up continousely. Therefore I am at my max fill's I believe unless someone out here has more info for me on this topic. I keep thinking ok if I'm at my max what the heck I'm I doing wrong???

Thanks for listening

Crystal