Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Do This Together!!!!

well i just found out something that really set me bACK for a minute...i am pretty organized girl and thought i asked all the right ?s during this process...but i forgot to ask one important ?.. i have Blue Blue shield Fed insurance. i have had to pay $35.oo co-pay each time i have seen the surgeon for my pre-approval process. so i just assumed once i started going to get my band filled, that would be what i would be paying. i havent read anything different, when i called ins company when i started this process, they never mentioned it and the surgoen office didnt mention this. but i got to thinkg and figured i better not assume..i called ins company and surgoen office and they both told me that i will have to pay $150 each time i get my bad filled bc my ins company considers the fills as an "out patient procedure"....i was really upset when i first heard this and kinda got depressed about if this was all worth it. but after talking it all out with my husband and friends, i am still proceeding with my surgery. i have already invested so much time, money and work into this and thank goodness i can finacially afford these co-pays. i have a friend who had lap ban done a few yrs ago and has united healthcare for her ins and she says she hasnt had to pay anything for her fills all this time..the only reason im posting this is because i cant imagine im the only person who didnt know that there could be larger co-pays for the fills. as i said, its not going to stop my from doing this but im just glad i found out now and can plan accordingly versus finding out when i got there for my first fill!!!!! so just FYI for everyone else..... 001_huh.gif

That is too bad to hear- do you have an out of pocket max per year? My OOP is $3000, so I should be pretty much covered without the surgery. I am still waiting to see the claims appear for my sleep study consult and the actual study and the surgeon. After my OOP, all in-network care will be paid for the rest of the year. I plan on being at the surgeon's office as much as necessary until December 31 :)

I dont have a date yet but sure hope it's in March. Im waiting for insurance approval. How long did yours take from sending to insurance to approval?

Okay. I've known my surgery date is March 15 for a week now. I'm still very excited, but why does it feel like things are moving so slowwwww now? Does anybody else feel like this? I attended by support group last week. This week I have to attend an educational seminar on the pre-op diet, surgery day and post-op. On the 27th I have my pre-op testing and an office visit. I've started buying different kinds of flavored water and tasting different Protein Shakes. I just can't seem to get started with the exercising, guess I'm so preoccupied with everything else. Well maybe I will feel different after my educational seminar on Thursday.

My insurance won't cover the lap band surgery, so I'm self pay. Since January, things have really been progressing. That's why I was able to get a surgery date so soon.

My approval was really quick. The coordinator put my information in the system on Jan 9 and blue cross approved it immediately. I received my approval letter on the 11th. However, I had a 270 day waiting period that is up march 2. The 14th is the next available surgery date

Okay. I've known my surgery date is March 15 for a week now. I'm still very excited, but why does it feel like things are moving so slowwwww now? Does anybody else feel like this? I attended by support group last week. This week I have to attend an educational seminar on the pre-op diet, surgery day and post-op. On the 27th I have my pre-op testing and an office visit. I've started buying different kinds of flavored water and tasting different Protein Shakes. I just can't seem to get started with the exercising, guess I'm so preoccupied with everything else. Well maybe I will feel different after my educational seminar on Thursday.

Hi all. I'm March 7th I can't wait!! I start my liquid diet two weeks before which would be the 22nd. I'm so excited yet nervous since I want this to work so bad....

I dont have a date yet but sure hope it's in March. Im waiting for insurance approval. How long did yours take from sending to insurance to approval?

It won't be submitted until later this month. I have a $5000 lifetime benefit and, according to the coordinator at the dr. office, they very rarely deny them when there is a benefit. She said normal turn around is 48 hours but they had one that just took 1 week. I keep thinking, what if I get everything done and they deny it!! I know many people are in the same situation and have been denied. Oh well...the waiting game will begin soon. Good luck to you!!

Hey everyone just received my date march 8th, I am super nervous!!!Looks like we are all will be march bansters afterall:)

Already everyone.... ALL abroad, May date is March 2nd, 2012, cannt wait. Think we will all need help getting threw this.

Hey everyone just received my date march 8th, I am super nervous!!!Looks like we are all will be march bansters afterall:)

Ok Rose we are going to be partners....

Hi all. I'm March 7th I can't wait!! I start my liquid diet two weeks before which would be the 22nd. I'm so excited yet nervous since I want this to work so bad....

Ok my date is March 2, 2012

Congrats AFB! Have you started the pre-op diet? Good luck to you! My ins approval can be turned in the end of next week so I'm praying it all goes through without any glitches!

Another march bandster here! I am on the 8th! Can't wait but freaking out at the same time!