Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Do This Together!!!!

Congrats Taynadosmom! I know what you mean,as mine gets closer I'm a little nervous, wondering if I'm doing the right thing, and if I can be a success at this since I've been a failure for so many years when it comes to losing and keeping it off. I'm committed though and am determined to follow what the doctor says and be a fabulous success!! Good luck to you, keep us posted! :)

That is too bad to hear- do you have an out of pocket max per year? My OOP is $3000, so I should be pretty much covered without the surgery. I am still waiting to see the claims appear for my sleep study consult and the actual study and the surgeon. After my OOP, all in-network care will be paid for the rest of the year. I plan on being at the surgeon's office as much as necessary until December 31 smile.png

i dont have a max per year..i have BCBS basic which has no deductibles...o/t this me (and my family r pretty healthy thank goodness)..so the the no deductible thing is usually a good thing for us. with these fills..maybe not so much. but i talked it out with my very supportive husband and im not going to let this set me back. i am just going to budget for 1 to 1 1/2 yrs of fills every 6-8 weeks (which will be anywhere from $800 - $1000) and set the money aside for it. honestly i was just mad at myself for this not even occuring to me in first place..u know?? but at least i found out abt it early and not at my first fill date..lol...im just going to use this as even more incentive to do well at this thing! and i keep telling myself..its not like i will have to get a fill every 6 weeks the rest of my life..once i start to hit a steady wt loss and then get to my goal...the cost for fills wont be so much. because other than this cost..i have only had to pay $35 copay at each surgeon appt and to see the required speacilists...so as far out out of pocket expense..i havent had much up to this point. so im should feel blessed abt this...

Congrats Taynadosmom! I know what you mean,as mine gets closer I'm a little nervous, wondering if I'm doing the right thing, and if I can be a success at this since I've been a failure for so many years when it comes to losing and keeping it off. I'm committed though and am determined to follow what the doctor says and be a fabulous success!! Good luck to you, keep us posted! smile.png

i feel the EXACT same way...i want for me to be sucessful at this so bad and feel excited to do it ...but my wt is the one thing i have failed at over and over in my life. everything else i have always been determined to succeed and worked hard and did it! i just dont want this to be the same as all the othr times..but im lookg at this surgery as a tool to help me that i didnt have before..bc i know its not a magical fix all. but im glad to see im not the only one that feels this...good to have support!!!

I am so excited..... One month and counting my surgery date is 3/14 and I start my pre-op on 2/29!!!

we have same surgery date..3/14!! we can do this thing..woo hoo!!!

I'm so excited for all of us! Will be praying for all the March bandsters! smile.png

Horray for all the March bandsters! I'm on day 4 of my pre-op diet and DYING without my beloved carbs. Today I decided to throw in a handful of nuts and a beef Jerky stick just to change it up. I hope that's ok, but how many eggs, veggies, meats and cheeses can one person eat?......AND IT'S ONLY DAY 4! I just keep telling myself it'll all be worth it in the end!

Headed to my class today which is normally the day before surgery but they moved it up because of scheduling. My insurance approval can be sent in Friday!! Hope I get approved without a hitch!! Excited for today! Good luck March bandsters!smile.png

I'm in shake hell but my date is still March 7th. I'm trying not to think about it since I'm going to be really scared and have been freaking out a bit when I think about what they're going to be doing.

Good luck all you other March bandsters!!!

Oh My Gosh I love this site, I am 2 years out and have lost 150 pounds. You guys I am so excited for your new beginning, new March Babies Birthday Good Luck and Best Wishes!! I started getting on a sugar kick, so much I was afraid I was Dibetic, but I found a new Protein Shake I Love and I am back on track!! You guys have a Wonderful year ahead of you!!! Bets Wishes, Sherry http;//sherrybellingham.myvi.net

momee3021 shake hell? You didn't find one you like or what? I start pre op on the 5th and I have like 4 different ones to try, hoping I can find one that is good. I got a sample pack at Unjury.com. I've been told they are really good and mix up very easy. they shipped quick too. Hang in there, STAY POSITIVE....we can do this! Keep your eye on the prize! smile.png

I tried Unjury and so so... Adkins mocha chocolate pretty good.. But this one I have gotten involved in is delicious!! Tons of support, recipes, etc... check it out when you are ready.. Good Luck with surgery.. I promise it is not bad at all. Good Luck Sherry When you are ready check out. If your in Louisville when they have show and tell at the meetings I am gonna have a tasting party http;//sherrybellingham.myvi.net

March 1st bandsters (and those within a couple days) ADD ME ON FB so we can keep in touch! Sarah Preston in Blue Springs, MO. Same profile pic as this one.

March 1st bandsters (and those within a couple days) ADD ME ON FB so we can keep in touch! Sarah Preston in Blue Springs, MO. Same profile pic as this one.

I was told what shakes I could have. I didn't get an option. 3 shakes and 225 calories of veggies that grow above the ground.