Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband First Week Advice !!!!

Hi Everyone . I just got banded Friday . I got home from the hospital today after just a few complications .

Now that Im home .. Do I stick to what they were having me do in the hospital ? I bought a bunch of Soup , Jello , pudding and broth .. Thats it for the week .. anything that I could add .. Like oatmeal or eggs or anything like that ? What about Protein Drinks . I have to take that because of dialyis .. Will that help with lapband too ? Any advice welcome Add me also :) Christina

Didn't your dr give you post-op directions? The post-op diet varies greatly by doctor. My dr is one of the more lenient. I have one week post-op full liquids, with the guidelines of "anything that can be sucked through a large straw, or poured from a pitcher." After that first week, I can move to mushies and then up to solids as tolerated. Some people are full liquids for up to a few weeks. It's not a cut-and-dry rule, so it really depends on your surgeon's preferences.

You need to call your doctor for a post op diet since you are on dialysis its his repsonsibility to see that you have your post op instructions.

It is so different with each Dr. mine allowed mushies right after and soft foods 3 days after. My sister was almost a month before she was allowed soft food. You need to call your Dr. and find out what he wants you to do. Good luck.

Each body is different so best check with Dr on this one

Like very one else, I would have to say ask your surgeon. I was on full liquids for 2 weeks post op, mushies until just a couple weeks ago. I was banded at the end of August.

Because you have other medical issues, you really need to talk to your doctor about the post-op diet. I was on liquids only for the first week, then mushies for a week, then soft food for the third week and normal food by the fourth week.

i was on Clear Liquids for the first week.. then week two was creamy Soups and Protein Shakes. week three was mushies (chicken tuna and eggs and yogurt) week four was soft food..

Wow, I had pureed food for about 3 days and now on soft food and I make sure to chew my food alot. I've been eating alot of cottage cheese and yogurt things like that.

Dont forget sugar free popsicles! They are great for the liquid stage. Plus some say they help bring down the swelling??? Good luck. My doc did not give me a ton of information but there are some great videos on www.lapband.com.