Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Diet Is Making Me Crazy!

Well, I have gotten through my morning and afternoon on liquids only - barely! I am going to do all I can not to eat anything but what's on my liquid diet tonight but boy am I WORRIED that I am not going to make it through the entire two weeks of this. I hope it gets easier and I hope Im really ready for this, YIKES!!!

Im just going to do my best and hope i make it through.

It DOES get easier! It takes about 3 days, but it will become bareable. Just make sure you have a Protein Drink you like...or at least, can stand. I had one that was starting to make me sick so I had to switch. Good luck! Just think of the future!! :)

Are you in the pre-surgery phase of the diet? I have done liquids (Optifast, Medifast, etc) for months, before doing it for the surgery. It takes about 3 days for your body to adjust to liquids. You have to be certain to not let an excessive amount of time lapse between shakes, or you will down your next shake and not enjoy it. Also, if it is in the pre-diet phase and your "shake" is mixed - perhaps you can add slightly less liquid to make it more of a pudding consistency to eat with a spoon.

I did liquids for 18 days before surgery, and was banded on Wednesday. Now Im back on liquids again - the first few days were Clear Liquids (broth, sugar free Jello, gatorade) and that was a little tough. I was able to add in Protein shakes 2 x a day now and Im feeling fine.

You can do it...

One more thing. Try Muscle Milk Lite. They are 100 calories, loaded with Protein and very tasty.

This is the worst of it...I remember half way through my two week liquid diet I was soo crabby and my co-workers told me I needed real food lol. This is the worst part though. Once you get past this the rest is easy!

My diet said i can have protien shakes plus,,,, PLUS,,, sugar free popcicles, sugar free Jello, Decaf coffee, broth Soup, , i per day. YUMMY... I gonan starve,,, I do wonder how the digestive systems handles it all,,, GERD-. BMS? and your meds? with no food, ,,

Your preop diet is the same as mine was. It gets easier by day 3. Make Jello and eat the entire bowl in one sitting if you have to. I did add about a tablespoon of low fat Peanut Butter to my "dinner" Protein drink a few times. Licking the spoon was amazing!

Drink constantly. The liquid helps with the hunger.

You CAN do this!

Today is my first day of the pre-op diet as well. I on the other hand am on the complete opposite side of the scale. I ate so much in the last two weeks I welcomed this liquid diet. I had a GREAT day!! I love the Sobe lifewater and V8!! The V8 filled me right up when I got hungry. Good luck! Today is the last day you will weigh what you weigh. :) And soon your NEW life will begin!

Today is day 5 for me and it was so rough I called my doctor to see what I could do. I was told that I can have have some steamed or boiled veggies, maybe some crackers and some toast. Not a lot, but just a bit to feel like I'm actually eating something. I had some split pea Soup for dinner which filled me up quite nicely. My problem with the shakes is that they're so frothy and sweet. I just can't take them too much longer. I haven't cheated at all and have no plans to, but this has been a struggle. I rank it up there with quitting smoking. I can't wait for the 13th!

Day 2 of my liquid diet and im already ready for it to be over. Im just hanging in there till the 14th!!

You can do it. It is not easy, but doable. The first three days are the hardest. I found V-8, heated with some tabasco in it very satisfying. Post-surgery I had it as well with some blended salsa in it. Add extracts to Muscle Milk lite latte flavor. You can make them taste like flavored lattes. I liked pumpkin pie spice. In between shakes, sip Water with crystal light all day long. And when the sweet tooth hits, sugar free popsicles are great. I still eat them.

The best thing about the liquid diet is it prepares you for after the surgery. If you can do this, you can stick to the restrictions of the band.

i am about to start the pre-op diet and the doc old me i could drink slim fast has any one drank that during there 2 week pre-op diet just wondering

i drink one slim fast in the morning healthy lunch and slim fast for dinner any on e with the same plan?

I have been on a partial liquid diet (I get one small regular meal for dinner) for a week now. It was hard at first and I got a powerful headache, but it has gotten loads easier. Starting on the 8th, I go to total liquids for two weeks. I am hoping that easing into it with the week of partial liquids will have helped. I am odd in that I find if I put off drinking anything for as long as possible I don't get hungry, but the minute I have that first Protein shake I start getting hungry. I really hope that my surgeon says I can have the sugar free Jello, popsicles and such because it will majorly suck without it. However, I keep my eyes on the prize at the end and it pushes me forward. Good luck to everyone. We are all in this together.

Take care,

Jen

First partial day head aches, burping and sleepy n tired,,, not even been on this all day yet? should I take my prilosec????

i am on day 7 of my liquid diet and i must agree the first 3 days were the pits! its getting easier --- i have lost 7 pounds in 7 days; my surgery is next friday.