Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love my lap-band!

Last week was my 8 month bandiversary. Why did I wait so long to have the lap-band? It has really been the best thing I have ever done for myself. My lap-band is my built in will power. Always with me. Always reminding me to make good food choices.

I wanted to share some of my positive outcomes so far...

Justin Bieber weighs 110lbs. I have lost Justin Bieber!!!

I am working out regularly.

I can make it through an hour kick ass spin class with out taking a break and I love it!

I have more energy to play with my son. (I went down the slide at the park and went on the swings!)

My whole family is eating healthier.

I have learned what a real portion looks like.

I can fit in any restaurant booth.

If I eat slowly, pay attention to what I’m doing and chew my food really well, then I can still eat my favorite foods. (The funny thing is those foods aren’t as important to me anymore.)

I went from a tight size 26/28/3X/4X to a loose 18/20/1x.

I do not wear elastic waist pants anymore.

My shoe size went from an 11W to a 10.

I am putting myself first for the first time ever and I am able to take BETTER care of the people and things I care about.

I'm saving money - eating less, eating out less, and less money on fad diets etc.

I'm not missing out on anything.

I try new things all the time.

I am so happy!

I truly wish that everyone can experience all the wonderful things that I have in the last 8 months. Who knew that in less than a year my life could be so different? I can't wait to see what happens next! Have a great day!

congrats

i am 4 weeks after surgery

have you had fills

how has it helped you

has it stopped you from overeating

Last week was my 8 month bandiversary. Why did I wait so long to have the lap-band? It has really been the best thing I have ever done for myself. My lap-band is my built in will power. Always with me. Always reminding me to make good food choices.

I wanted to share some of my positive outcomes so far...

I am working out regularly.

I can make it through an hour kick ass spin class with out taking a break and I love it!

I have more energy to play with my son. (I went down the slide at the park and went on the swings!)

My whole family is eating healthier.

I have learned what a real portion looks like.

I can fit in any restaurant booth.

If I eat slowly, pay attention to what I'm doing and chew my food really well, then I can still eat my favorite foods. (The funny thing is those foods aren't as important to me anymore.)

I went from a tight size 26/28/3X/4X to a loose 18/20/1x.

I do not wear elastic waist pants anymore.

My shoe size went from an 11W to a 10.

I am putting myself first for the first time ever and I am able to take BETTER care of the people and things I care about.

I'm saving money - eating less, eating out less, and less money on fad diets etc.

I'm not missing out on anything.

I try new things all the time.

I am so happy!

I truly wish that everyone can experience all the wonderful things that I have in the last 8 months. Who knew that in less than a year my life could be so different? I can't wait to see what happens next! Have a great day!

If I eat slowly, pay attention to what I'm doing and chew my food really well, then I can still eat my favorite foods. (The funny thing is those foods aren't as important to me anymore.)

I love this one. So true, those foods aren't as important anymore, I never though that would be possible. When I'm out eating with friends I notice this the most. They'll be chowing down and I'll have a little of this and a little of that and really take my time with it. The other night my bestfriend said to me, with a face of pity, "I feel like you aren't enjoying yourself" I just laughed at her and said "of course I am".. I still can enjoy my "favorite foods" without overdosing on them while still losing weight, that is the best feeling. That and knowing that eating those things don't matter the way they used to and that when I do have them I actually take the time to enjoy them.

Congratulations to you, these are some wonderful changes in your life!

congrats

i am 4 weeks after surgery

have you had fills

how has it helped you

has it stopped you from overeating

I have had 4 fills and one small unfill so far. I have been lucky and received restriction from my first fill. It has absolutely kept me from overeating. It has not kept me from over eating slider foods like ice cream, crunchy carbs and chocolate, though. I work really hard to make good choices. I do not eat rice, Pasta or any breads. I probably could but I have convinced myself that I cannot and have chosen to stay away. I also work out 4-5 days per week. I am really able to eat anything I want - just small amounts. I eat slowly and chew, chew, chew.

lol.gif

That is the BEST (and funniest) weight loss comparison I've heard, and it made my day! My goal weight is 108 pounds lost, so I hope to lose Justin Bieber on a light day. Congrats on your success!!!