Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay folks, I have almost lost 50 lbs and I feel AWESOME!! I can honestly say that I am very happy with how my body looks right now. I still want to lose another 50 but my confidence is going up everyday. I was not very faithful to working out for the first three months after surgery, which in turn caused me to have sagging skin ;( I haven't had any kids but I look like I have now because of my lower belly being so flabby!!! I work out 3-5 days a week now and I don't know enough exercises to get this to tighten up. My doctor told me that I was young enough and didn't have enough excess skin to worry about plastic surgery but now I am starting to wonder! My breasts are sagging as well which causes you to see the stretch marks, please help!! I want to do whatever I can to tighten up my mid section!! Thanks for the help!!

Hi im 27 and was banded last november ive lost 105 pounds and ive got sagging skin I worked out alot sometimes twice a day. Some peoples skin go right back some dont. I have hanging tummy, arms and legs. Im pregnant now but I was going to have plastic surgery done I even had the dates sets. just give yourself more time you never know it might go back. But mine didnt. Good luck.

Keep up the exercises! I am in the same boat too having lost 80 lbs and 30 to go. Gives a new meaning to droppy :). I just stuff everything in! Still better than be over weight! Once I hit my goal going for a bob reduction & lift!

Same problem here. I was banded in September 2011 and had some complications due to a liver biopsy that was done at the same time. I didn't want to eat or even look at food for the first month, thus losing a lot more weight than expected. I lost 38 pounds from Sept. 14th to Nov. 8th (today), but my arms are sagging, my thighs, and my belly. I don't want plastic surgery, but I don't know what to do with the extra skin. :( I'm 29 and everyone is trying to encourage me with saying, "you're still young", " you can't tell", and so on...

Some people's skin shrinks up after time. I'd wait six months after you're at goal and see what you want to do. I'm only 50 lbs down and still have up to 100 to go, but I know I will definitely have saggy arms, tummy and boobs. I plan on getting it all fixed once I'm finished having babies. Hopefully I don't have to get an upper thigh lift or anything. But I'm willing to if need to. I don't want to weight 150 lbs and still feel uncomfortable wearing shorts, ya know? But that's just my opinion. :-) like someone else said, the saggy skin is better than being overweight in my opinion :-)

I'm 27, and I've lost 100lbs. Sorry, but there's no exercise to help sagging skin. Building muscle can help fill out some of the skin, but some people's skin just doesn't snap back. I have a saggy belly, upper thighs, arms, and breasts, but most of it can be hidden with clothing for now...I'm definitely saving up for plastic surgery. I didn't do all this hard work to cover it up!

I'm currently checking out t-tapping www.t-tapp.com So far I'm really liking the exercises. Also, they advertise "boby brushing" to help with sagging skin. I'm trying it for a while to see what happens. I need to get those flabby, saggy arms fixed one way or another. Like Janiece said, I didn't work this hard to get in shape to have to "cover" up. I still want to lose another 40 lbs. so I figure while still losing, at least I'll try this. It may not really work... but I'll give it a shot.

I'm 29, and since April of this year I've lost almost 100 pounds. It's true, it's inevitable that there is going to be some loose skin. It just happens, no matter how much you exercise; if you lose really fast, your skin takes a while to catch up, especially if you were overweight for a long time, your body has been used to being shaped differently for a while.

However, at least in my case, I've noticed that the loose skin that is there doesn't look that bad, it's mostly in my upper arms, and I can generally wear clothing that I can avoid it looking weird in; but I just have to deal with the fact that I have the soccer mom bat wing thing going on... (no offense to soccer moms, or grandmas, etc). It's worth it to be healthy!!!

I've heard skin brushing really does help.

I guess I am a little weird. I have developed a liking to my saggy baggy stomach!! I love the way it feels. It is soft and doughey and my boyfriend likes it too! My batwings are another subject! My daughter told me last night that she can tell I have lost weight cause my arms were jiggly :blink: Got to love children to state the obvious!

I've heard skin brushing really does help.

What on earth is skin brushing? I'm curious!

What on earth is skin brushing? I'm curious!

Here's what I found on the internet...

DRY SKIN BRUSHING

It is WELL known that the Skin is the LARGEST Organ in the Body, and is responsible for one-fourth of the Body's Detoxification each day, also making it, one of the most IMPORTANT Elimination Organs! The Skin is also known as the "3rd" Kidneys and the Lungs are known as the "2nd" Kidneys. TOXICITY can gather beneath the Skin's Surface from such COMMON Influences such as IMPROPER pH levels in Body Soaps, Skin Creams and Anti-Perspirants, plus Synthetic Fibers worn NEXT to the Skin with ANY of them contributing to a variety of Skin Problems and Conditions.

When you do Skin Brushing, you HELP your Lymph System to CLEAN itself of the TOXINS, that COLLECT in the Lymph Glands. You use a Simple Technique to IMPROVE the Surface Circulation on the Skin and KEEP the Pores of the Skin OPEN, encouraging your Body's Discharge of Metabolic Wastes, and resulting in an IMPROVED ability to COMBAT Bacteria, plus HELPING your Skin to look and feel HEALTHIER and MORE RESILIENT! Skin Brushing is a PERFECT Treatment for SELF-HELP Enthusiasts.

• Benefits:
  • TIGHTENS Skin.
  • HELPS Digestion.
  • REMOVES cellulite.< /span>
  • STIMULATES Circulation.
  • INCREASES Cell Renewal.
  • CLEANS Lymphatic System.
  • REMOVES Dead Skin Layers.
  • STRENGTHENS Immune System.
  • IMPROVES Exchange between Cells.
  • STIMULATES the Glands, thus helping ALL of the
    Body Systems to perform at PEAK EFFICIENCY!

1. How To Do Skin Brushing:
  2. Buy a NATURAL, NOT synthetic, bristle brush, since it does NOT SCRATCH the surface of your skin.
  3. Buy a brush with a LONG handle, so that you're ABLE to get to the areas of your body, that are NOT EASY to reach, when doing your own Skin Brushing.
  4. Skin Brush, before showering or bathing, at least ONCE per day, and TWICE, if possible.
  5. Do NOT wet your skin, since it will NOT have the SAME Effect, because this stretches your skin.
  6. Do LIGHTER Strokes over and around your breasts, but do NOT brush the nipples.
  7. Brush each part of your Body several times VIGOROUSLY, COMPLETELY brushing your WHOLE body.
  8. Brush the soles of your feet FIRST, because the nerve endings there affect your WHOLE body, next Brush your ankles, calves, and thighs, then brush across your stomach and your buttocks and lastly brush your hands to your arms.
  9. ALWAYS skin brush towards the heart.
  10. Do circular counter-clockwise strokes on your abdomen.
  11. Take a WARM bath or shower, which should always be followed by a COOL rinse at the end to INVIGORATE blood circulation and STIMULATE surface warmth.
  12. Wash your brush every few weeks in Water and allow it DRY.

I'm older than you are, but lost quite a bit of weight. I lift weights several times a week and do cardio every day, so I'm in really really good shape, and the sagging skin is definitely there. You just have to decide what you can live with. On the breast front I went and bought some really expensive bras and had them fit by a bra fitter. WIth a bra on I look fine. Without is a little scary, although I breastfed my kids so that didn't help either. My legs look awful but I can deal with that too. I don't wear shorts. Ever. My arms really responded to the weights and are now "good" arms, weight loss notwithstanding. And...I had a Tummy Tuck. But again, having kids contributed to some wear and tear as well. Long way of saying, you should do everything you can in the gym (both weights and cardio), wait some time for things to settle, and then figure out what you can live with and what you can't. Good luck!

I hate my loose skin! My next step is a Tummy Tuck and boob job, but I have to save a little money first, until then, clothes do wonders :)

I had my first mammogram a couple of weeks ago and when the lab tech had to pick up my boob & place it on the mammogram machine, she instantly said "how much weight have you lost?" :lol: She said she can always tell!

I was hoping I would appear long and skinny post surgery ~ not just my boobs! :P

My ta-tas have sagged quite a bit. I'm 4 months post op and they look like something from National Geographic. I mean...I lay on my back and they flop to the sides, as if to say, "We give up!" Oh well. I wanted to lose weight to have a healthy life - and I'm getting closer and closer. Plastic surgery isn't an option for me - terribly expensive and I'm on a teacher's budget. Plastic surgery has a longer recovery time than getting the band. I'm currently reading, The Weight Loss Surgery Workbook that I got from the library, and it lists the pros/cons of plastic surgery.