Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fact or myth confused

I'm a little confused, and have a a couple of questions.

1. Should you only eat for 20 min. after 20 min. whatever is left trash it or save it for lunch the next day. (fact or myth)

with that being said if I do that I don't get enough Proteins or calorie for the day. However, I am full doing it that way.

2. I'm not getting enough Water is it okay to substiute crystal light for water (fact of myth)

I received my fifth fill on the 17th and I think I hit my green zone (YAY):D , but I afraid if I'm not getting enough calories or Protein I won't lose. I am satisfied after eating for 20 min. Let me give you an example of my menu for the day

breakfast: two fried eggs`medium coffee, splenda and cream

lunch: Atkins shake

dinner: boneless skinless chicken thigh, 1 cup of spinach, and a 1/2 boiled egg

no Snacks cause I'm still full

only two cups of water

The scale is not my friend so I decided to wait until I go to the Dr. to get on the scale.

0n your plate you should have Protein (fish, meat) which you should eat first. Then veggies next,

then any carbs. You can take up to 30 min. to eat.

Any liquid counts, even the liquid in your yogurt.

That's about what I eat plus I eat a high protein energy bar or yogurt during the day.

I'm losing about 3 lbs a week, and if you're sticking to the diet you describe, you will too.

After your Dr visit, come back and let us know how you made out.

The information I gave is from the Cedars-Sinai hand outs.

Sounds like a good eating day. As for the crystal light I say go for it If it will help you get more Water in you. Water consumption helps with weight loss. Try for a week to get 3 cups of water in, then a week with 4 and so on and so on.

I would have something more nutritous for lunch then just an Atkins shake. You need to eat some good Protein they only have about 10 grams and your not getting enough protein from just a shake. If you dont eat you are not going to lose.

alot of Protein Shakes that have >25g of Protein and also the unflavored Protein Powder you can add to broth to raise protein amount at least. maybe add some tuna or cottage cheese or greek yogurt(twice protein of regular yogurt) with tiny bit of honey if you like those things.

@sanction the shakes have about 15 grams of protein...and I am afraid that if I'm not eating enough I won't lose..:(

Eat a little cottage cheese if you feel you're not getting enough Protein. You can buy protein

isolate on line or at a health food store, sprinkle it on food or broth.< /span>

Yes, Crystal Light is fine. Anything that is sugar free and caffeine free is the nutritional equivalent of Water. I drink very little water but I drink a ton of caffeine free iced tea every day.

If you aren't losing weight then you are not in the green zone. If that is all you are eating in a day then I doubt that you are getting enough calories.

I'd be eating the furniture on those Spartan rations and going insane due to lack of taste and variety, but that's just me. If you can stick to a diet like that, you'll be a stick insect in next to no time.

Its true that you should really only eat for about 20 minutes - you'll find that if you take, say an hour to eat a meal, you can put away a lot. If you graze all day you can also eat a lot. If you sit, concentrate and eat in a 20 minute session, you'll restrict calories.

I wouldnt worry so much about not losing as having no energy, losing my hair, looking like a deflated balloon on a diet as extreme as that. But we all have different points of view on that score so that's just mine. No fruit, no wholegrains, no good fats like avocado or nuts, only one vegie, I just dont think that's healthy. Protein is only a part of a balanced diet, not the only important thing. Its also very important for bandsters, who are so restricted in what they can eat, to eat different things every day to avoid nutritional deficiencies.

Agree 100% with Jacqui!

just another thought, your body can not flush out fat without Water. :rolleyes:

Crystal Lite is fine. I count all non caffeinated, 0 calorie fluids herbal teas, Water, crystal light etc.

Each dietician and surgeon is different on eating times. Mine tells me that it should take me no less than 20 minutes and no more than 30 minutes to eat my 1c of food.

Crystal lite counts. I drank it for a good 6 months and eventually got tired of it. Water then tasted awesome. Thus, don't worry about it substituting water, it is counted as your liquid input. You'll eventually change to just water. In your Breakfast menu example I'm curious if you have your coffee with your meal? If so, you probably should have your coffee separate from breakfast and at least 1/2 before or after. That's what my doc told me and I've stuck to that rule. I think that the coffee may be pushing your breakfast too fast thru the stoma. Just a suggestion though.