Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100+ Positive Reasons to get the Lapband and outcomes

I just thought of one! Being able to get into and out of the restroom stall without straddling the commode!

That to me was major victory at some of the smaller stalls!

How about...shirts no longer being stained from food falling on them!

I will be able to button my jeans standing up no more buttoning my jeans laying down again ever!

I never want to be afraid to use the public restroom for fear that you can't zip you pants back up.

No more painful, itchy, dented skin around my waist from wearing jeans all day.

No more stretching clothes before putting the on. I am always stretching my shirts and sometimes my pants. I have be known to ask my husband to hold one end of the pant waist and play tug-a-war with me holding the other end. :rolleyes:

As I got dressed this morning I thought of another one. Horizontal stripes no longer make me look like a keg of beer!

Oops. Posted twice!

TMI I know but... No more digging bras or and disappearing undies. :o Nothing worse then bruising bras and hurtful wedgies..

:lol:

In addition to the overall benefit of living longer and being all around healthy again....

1) Being able to be more active during the day...not taking hours to get motivated to do something..if anything at all.

2) Not being the only person at the baseball games who gets winded just doing simple things

3) Not having to order a 2x shirt this year for my sons baseball team

4) Being able to roll over in bed without having to build momentum

5) Being able to shop the clearance racks...(there always such good stuff in smaller sizes).

6) Being able to play with my kids a lot more...actually finish a game of baseball or basketball without sitting

7) Wearing a swimsuit without a skirt.

8) Spicing up..and getting back to..a normal sex life..and drive

9) Being able to enjoy a dinner without obessing over it

10) Not being the biggest one in the "friends" group.

TMI I know but... No more digging bras or and disappearing undies. :o Nothing worse then bruising bras and hurtful wedgies..

:lol:

Since there is no LIKE button..I'll just comment that I am in TOTAL agreement with this one.

No more of your pants pilling together from thigh friction!

*being able not only to walk, but to RUN again!

*being a positive, healthy role-model for my daughter; I don't want her to have any memories of her mother being fat!

Esther54:

I can't wait to be able to see not only my feet but my crotch again! To see hip bones! To not have to wear maternity pants and shorts to be comfortable. To wear belts and tuck my shirt into my non-stretchy jeans! To have young guys wink and smile at me at red lights or crossing the street in front of my car. To be able to run, not strain to take off or put on socks and shoses. To get rid of my granny panties and wear the cute tiny ones again. To regain my balance and do yoga again. To wear youthful bathing suits again. To feel truly sexy and foxy again. To not live to eat but eat to live. To not use food when I'm bored, procrastinating, upset or feeling unloved. To be able to breathe easier, to bend at the waist without painful constriction. To be able to twist to the side without getting muscle spasms. To regain my confidence and rid myself of weight-related health problems. To reduce my risk of breast cancer recurrence. To be able to dress more youthfully and fashionably. To be able to get up from a crouching position or up from the floor without assistance and without getting stuck. To reduce hip, feet and knee pain, sciatica. To turn heads again. To extend my life, for I have a lot of living left to do as artist, writer, mother and soon-to-be grandmother. To have more energy. To be the slim person again who I was most of my life. To be satisfied with eating less and making better food choices. To be able to wear bras that don't hurt or bind. To be rid of rashes in the skin folds and chafing. No more thighs rubbing together! To have a waistline again!

I know TMI but what about looking down and being able to see your own genitals. No mirrors, just looking down.

Esther54:

I can't wait to be able to see not only my feet but my crotch again! To see hip bones! To not have to wear maternity pants and shorts to be comfortable. To wear belts and tuck my shirt into my non-stretchy jeans! To have young guys wink and smile at me at red lights or crossing the street in front of my car. To be able to run, not strain to take off or put on socks and shoses. To get rid of my granny panties and wear the cute tiny ones again. To regain my balance and do yoga again. To wear youthful bathing suits again. To feel truly sexy and foxy again. To not live to eat but eat to live. To not use food when I'm bored, procrastinating, upset or feeling unloved. To be able to breathe easier, to bend at the waist without painful constriction. To be able to twist to the side without getting muscle spasms. To regain my confidence and rid myself of weight-related health problems. To reduce my risk of breast cancer recurrence. To be able to dress more youthfully and fashionably. To be able to get up from a crouching position or up from the floor without assistance and without getting stuck. To reduce hip, feet and knee pain, sciatica. To turn heads again. To extend my life, for I have a lot of living left to do as artist, writer, mother and soon-to-be grandmother. To have more energy. To be the slim person again who I was most of my life. To be satisfied with eating less and making better food choices. To be able to wear bras that don't hurt or bind. To be rid of rashes in the skin folds and chafing. No more thighs rubbing together! To have a waistline again!