Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help finding good Dr. in DFW (Texas) area

Hello everyone I am new to the whole banding process. Everyone I talk to says they know someone that has a horror story related to it. But I sometimes think they confuse it with other types of stomach surgeries. I guess I feel that at this point it is still not enough to convince me to stop looking, if they had struggled with being overweight most of their life as I have they may feel the risk would be worth it too. I am needing some feed back on finding doctors in the DFW Texas area that are experienced with the whole banding process and good at what they do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am still nervous but determined. Thanks to all of you who reply.:couch2:

I love my Doc!! Doctor Louis Fox at Surgery Center of Richardson. He was wonderful and the whole staff there was wonderful.

Surgery Center of Richardson has multiple seminars every week and I know that several of the other doctors there are excellent as well. Lap Band is pretty much all they do there, so they are all very experienced, too.

You can look them up on-line - just google Surgery Center of Richardson.

:]

Another option: Dr. John Marsden in Lewisville. He/staff are great and help out with all the paperwork/insurance junk. I haven't asked much out of him for follow-up, so can't comment on that. Good luck! Cindy

And Dr. Jayaseelan, his offices are at Medical City Dallas. He does surgery at Surgery Center of Richardson and Pine Creek Medical Center and one other place. He did my wife's banding. Excellent experience for both of us. Great staff and PA. So far the after care has been good. www.texaslapbandcenter.com

Hubby and I have been very pleased with Dr. Robert Powell. He is in Richardson and does surgery mostly out of SCOR. I had mine in August and he just got banded almost a month ago.

If you are still looking: Dr. David Kim at Nort Hills Hospital Bariatric Center is super nice.

They have a staff that is dedicated exclusively for bariatric surgery.

Good Luck,

Joanne

Dr. Carter is great. We had 8-9 people in our office use him and he's very supportive. He's in Arlington and does surgery at USMD as well as in Hurst at the surgery center on Precinct Line. If you need details, let me know and PM me.

Also, while he's very busy, from the time I contacted him initially and til the time I had the band, it was 5 weeks. I had the answer from the insurance company within a week with their help. They know exactly what the insurance companies need and get the info to them quickly! They're all great! Laura

I'm going to have my lapband with Dr. Carter on Monday and so far everyone in their office has been really helpful and nice.

Not a big fan of Jayaseelan. He's probably a good surgeon - I know he does a lot of them - but his bedside manner sucks. Oh, he's nice enough, but his fill was painful and he didn't do what I asked of him - in fact, he did the opposite and then didn't inform me. That really pissed me off. Read my LBT journal if you want to know more.

P.S. I had my surgery in Mexico and use Jayaseelan's office for aftercare. I would take my business elsewhere but his PA, Arlene, is FABULOUS. I highly recommend HER!

Best wishes on your journey.

My surgery was done by Dr. Powell. He is kind of quiet but and excellent doctor. He usually does surgery out of SCOR but because of my Insurance company, I had to have my surgery done at Renaissance Hospital in Dallas June 20th. What a great experience. My blood sugar spiked during surgery and I had to stay overnight in the hospital so they could keep an eye on it. Dr. Powell came back to the hospital at 11pm just to check on me personally. Great man!!!! DH and I recommend him 100%

Wow, DonnaB, so sorry to hear about your bad experience with Dr.Jay. That sounds awful. You are right that you must listen to your own body & do what you know it's telling you. Hope you are feeling better now. I don't blame you a bit if you insist on her next time. For the record, the doctor did my 1st 2 fills & I had no pain or discomfort at all, my 3rd was done by Arlene & she was much more agressive on the fill amount (I didn't ask how many cc's, just going by feel & restriction) & she had to stick me twice & I did have some slight pain. But she is a doll isn't she? Very sweet. I wouldn't hesitate in having either one do my next fill. But again, Donna I really do hope you feel better. And I'll be watching him carefully (no more rose-colored glasses) next time I see Dr. Jay. Best wishes.

Dr. Cribbins and Dr Hamn in Plano are who Im using and it has been a great experience so far. Cheryl the bariatric coordinator is WONDERFUL!!!