Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you use a digital scale or a balance beam scale?

I'm really annoyed lol.....My home digital scale has said that I haven't lost a pound in 3 weeks which is ok becasue the inches are really coming off thanks to these 60 Mile walk challenges ;) . So this morning I weighed myself in the nude :D after my morning trip to the bathroom before I worked out. The digital scale did said I'd lost 2 pounds, so I was like great things are moving again. Well today at work we had an Health Assessment where we were all weighed and had our blood pressure checked. The balance beem scale (I was fully dressed and had on all my clothes) said I was 6 lbs less if anything I thought I would be more than what I weighed in at this morning. (I was like WHAT...is my scale playing tricks on me, or are balance beam scales less accurate that digital scales?

I'm really annoyed lol.....My home digital scale has said that I haven't lost a pound in 3 weeks which is ok becasue the inches are really coming off thanks to these 60 Mile walk challenges ;) . So this morning I weighed myself in the nude :D after my morning trip to the bathroom before I worked out. The digital scale did said I'd lost 2 pounds, so I was like great things are moving again. Well today at work we had an Health Assessment where we were all weighed and had our blood pressure checked. The balance beem scale (I was fully dressed and had on all my clothes) said I was 6 lbs less if anything I thought I would be more than what I weighed in at this morning. (I was like WHAT...is my scale playing tricks on me, or are balance beam scales less accurate that digital scales?

Hi Amanda i use the Balance Beam Scale its 1lb off from my Dr Scale

keep up the great weight loss

Dont use different scales....measure your weight loss from the same exact scale....because they will all be different....just pick one and go with it...

I agree with Chubby. My Dr's scale is always 3 lbs more than the scale I lose at work. So I use the scale at work and I always use that one because it's more convenient. But really it doesn't matter, it all turns out to be the same as long as I use the same scale I started with. good Luck!

I have a digital scale at home. I weigh in every morning before my shower. Thats the one I use for a guideline. However... my Dr has one of those walk on digital scales and I am usually 2-3 lbs lighter when I go to his office. I love it but I still use my home scale for tracking purposes.

I was at a convention a few weeks ago and the hotel had a scale in the bathroom (which I was amazed at). I weighed in 2 lbs lighter than my home scale so I do not know which one is right but it was nice to be able to monitor my weigh while on the road.

I only have a digital scale which is wonky at times. I can step on it three times and get three different weights some mornings and others it is on the money each time. The scale on the wii fit seems to be more consistant so I basically use that one as my guideline.

Who knows which scale is better? I use a digital one at home, which happens to be the exact weight that is at my doctor's office (they use a digital one as well). I use a balance beam scale at the gym and it always has me weighing in 2 lbs. lighter. Go figure!

Your weight is different throughout the day. Morning it says I lost 3 pds , evening I gained 2pds. So I just weight once a month at the doctor with those scales and it gives a more accurate reading.

I am way too OCD to weigh once a month. :)

But yes, your weight flucuates during the day. I weigh first thing every morning. It works for me.

I use digital bodyfat scales and my doctor uses a balance beam one. I HATE the doctor's one because it always says I'm fatter than I am at home.

After my first visit to the surgeon's office I headed straight for Bed, Bath and Beyond where I proceeded to drag every scale off the display and weigh on each one. There must have been 25 or 30 of them!!! I weighed and weighed and weighed again to find one that not only weighed the same as my surgeon's, but weighed the same each and every time I stepped on it! Yes, I have crazy OCD's!!! :P BUT... I always know exactly what I will weigh at my appointments much to my surgeons dismay. He's trying behavior mod with me to get me to weigh just once a month. Never have and never will HA! I don't recommend my obsession with the scale to anyone! LOL Oh and I use a digital.

Every scale at some point or another needs to be "recalibrated"...matters not if it is digital or balanced. Every scale will be different and it matters not....pick your lowest weight on any scale and go with that...less stress, and it makes you feel better. Also don't weigh every day.... stay with the lowest weight on any scale until you feel good enough to step on the other scale....Funny sounding, but it worked for me.