Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WORRIED: The only one who has not lost ANY weight?

I am four months out. Granted, I only had about 80 pounds to lose, but isn’t that still a lot? I am dieting right now in the pure stereotypical sense of the word—serious calorie restriction and feeling like I am starving to death. I know you have to enough calories to lose, I know cannot eat too many calories, I know my thyroid is confirmed to be completely jacked and I am on meds. I know I need another fill even though I am at 2.8cc. I know the right fill makes a lot of difference. But, then again, to have no weight loss? :D

The more I read, even about folks who aren’t to their sweet spot yet, four months hardly seems the norm to start noticing a difference. I am sure there are things that I should not have eaten along the way and that before this second fill it was almost as if I didn’t even have a band. AND I am praying to the gods in band heaven that this next fill will make this post obsolete. I am just wondering if I am really the only one or if that is just my perception. I think I might be afraid of the answer, but I am ready for it just the same.

I am trying so hard to stay positive, and doing okay, I guess. I could just use a a little encouragement right now if ya got any extra. :help:

Poor baby, is it your turn for a meltdown? I had mine last week, as you know. My doc swears it's normal not to have lost after 4 months if you don't have good restriction. You are going to be fine! If you ned another fill to "get the train out of the station" then go for it. I wish you the very best of luck! BTW, I was not filled or unfilled yesterday because the Dr. is sending me back to basics i.e., I'm only in pain because I eat too fast and don't chew well enough. And I don't lose. I feel kind of stupid. I don't think you have that problem though, right?

Lil, go to FITDAY.COM and log your calories in. Be extremely honest with yourself. If you are sticking around 1200-1500 but you haven't lost any weight after a couple weeks, perhaps you should see your primary doc for some blood work to check for thyroid or other medical reasons you aren't losing.

Are you working out? Not just walking, but really exercising till you're good and sweaty at least several times a week?

Unfortunately, some of us have to watch every bite we put in our mouth or we won't lose (me, for example.) I figured I could have some movie popcorn or potato chips on occasion, but those calories, added to what I've already eaten, are what keeps the weight on.

A good fill won't help you unless you cut your calories and/or increase your exercise. You can be really tight but still drink milkshakes and thick, creamy fattening Soups. Sucks, but it's reality. I'm starving, too :D but barely losing.

not anymore. i did at first because it really wasn't easy to get use to such small bites and sooooo much chewing, but i think i have the hang of it now. it really helps me to eat A LOT less too. that is one great lesson i have already taken away from this, weight loss or not.

Thanks Delarla. I am sorry you're hardly losing either. we're here for you.

I have been doing fitday and it REALLY helps. i have been hitting about 800-1200. I know that is crazy low, but don't be alarmed. My thyroid moves at a snails pace, and all the numbers say it probaby will take that. but you're right, I still might need to revisit all this with my doctor. Darnit! i wish a had a good one. :D boo hoo hoo, huh? :D

Hug time, and a little turtle butt kicking too. If you are not losing at 800-1200 calories, what makes you think you will lose weight eating less? I mean, we have a base amount where we cannot really safely go below. I spent a month too tightly filled and I lost 1.5 pounds total that month. So, not only did I NOT lose weight in any meaningful amount or way, I also felt miserable the entire time.

I don't know that turtles have the same "sweet spot" that Normies or Rabbits have. I feel like I'm at a sweet spot, because it feels ... right. But not because I'm losing weight.

I cannot believe that it is normal to not lose weight after 4 months of a very reduced diet. It's time to start demanding other answers. It's time to get assertive with your doctors. They can't blame this on your weight, because, well, it is your weight.