Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the seniors?

Hi, I just turned 60 in December and I am 2 1/2 weeks post-op. I have lost 12 lbs. so far and so happy. After I hit 50 it seemed like I couldn't lose weight no matter how hard I tried. This was my last resort. People say they can already tell by my face; just waiting til I can tell by my butt! lol!! As you can tell by my name, my goal is to be fit in my 60's. My mom died at a young age of 59, and once I passed that goal, I want to add a whole lot more years to that.

Debbie

I am 60 and work, play and feel like I'm 40!!!

Dropping back in after a while. Turning 62 today. Just hit the 100 pound benchmark. Banded in 2009. Loving seeing the results lately. Sure can't eat what I used to and don't miss it. It is so great to get rid of a couple of clothes sizes. To get smaller sizes. Every 5 or 10 pounds help the blood pressure. I need to lose another 100. Was 350, now 250. Walking is bringing on atrial fibrillation episodes now. Taking some new heart meds. Mainly I sweat like a horse. Doesn't last long and not scared now. Love to hear from other seniors. Pat in Washington State.

Happy Birthday, fellow Pisces! Mine's the 16th.

If you keep on keeping on, those extra pounds will come off. Personally, I would be thrilled at 250 lbs. When I started I was 425. Now down 30 lbs.

Atrial fibrillation, wow? Why? Are you walking too fast?

Congrats on your weight losses, and happy birthday to you both!

Karen,

Just wanted to let you know that you are the first person to wish me Happy Birthday this year! I will be 66. Double sixes -- that's the best number in many games.

So, you say, 62. Your profile says 63. Which is it? :rolleyes:

Hi, I just turned 60 in December and I am 2 1/2 weeks post-op. I have lost 12 lbs. so far and so happy. After I hit 50 it seemed like I couldn't lose weight no matter how hard I tried. This was my last resort. People say they can already tell by my face; just waiting til I can tell by my butt! lol!! As you can tell by my name, my goal is to be fit in my 60's. My mom died at a young age of 59, and once I passed that goal, I want to add a whole lot more years to that.

Debbie

Just read your post here Debbie and wondering how you are doing....:)

Hi Dee, I am doing fine. I am on regular food now and not having much trouble at all. However, I have not lost any weight in almost 2 weeks and still maintaining at 12 lbs. lost. I plan on meeting with my nutritionist on the 15th, the day I get my first fill from the dr. Yesterday I only ate 597 calories so I don't think I should be eating any less. So I don't know what the problem is. I usually walk for exercise but haven't done much in the last few days. We've had terrible tornadoes and today there is 6" of snow!!! Trying hard not to get discouraged, but the longer I go without losing, the harder it gets. Hope the dr. and nutritionist can address this and help me get past this plateau. How are you doing? I know you got banded sometime in February too.

Debbie

Good to hear Debbie....

I called my nutrit today and told her how discouraged I was getting about the scale not moving...and she assured me not to worry

that because I was taking in so low of cals befor surgery that my metabalizum is out of wack....she told me to start mushies today....well I was sooo hungry that I ate the whole egg and didnt even taste it...i felt terrible after wards.....o well tomrrow is a new day and I will start with mushies and chart everything and eat slower....Tell me how you make out....Good Luck !

New to this site. Nice to see some "mature" bandsters. I live in Washington state. I was banded Dec 2008. I lost about 60# then life happened and I needed to put energy into my in-laws. They are as much on track as they will ever be so went for a fill 3weeks ago. Had never felt restriction until then. This past three weeks has been a whole new ball game. Several sleepless nights and a lot os PBs. Last two days seems like my band has less restriction and am beginning to get hungry again. Yesterday was terrible. I kept it just under 1,100 calories but only because I went to bed early just to get away from the kitchen. Any other "mature" Bandsters from Washington out there?

I am 66 years young and have had my band for 2 and half years. 99 pounds lighter. I would not trade it for anything. I drive 2 hours to where my doctor is and I think it is well worth it. I live in Kissimmee Fl and My doctor is in St. Petersburg. I thank the Lord for my insurance company to send me to him. I drive there every month for my check up Soon it will be every 2 months. Good Luck

I am 62 and was banded just about a year ago. I am down 80 lbs and am feeling wonderful. Good luck to all of you just starting out. It takes a lot of work and support from others.

Hey guys...Haven't been here in awhile - doing great in Florida. 60 years old and down 92 pounds - surgery was 7/7/11. I feel great. I got "restriction" in March - real restriction - and I am slowly dealing with it. You would think at my age, I could follow directions and not PB everytime I eat. If you eat too fast, too big or don't chew enough - that will be the results and I know it. Boy, am I stubborn. As I write this I am slightly stuck and waiting to see if it goes on down - if not - bathroom, here I come again. That aside, I feel great - look 100% better than before the surgery and I don't regret this one bit - not even when I am in the bathroom....I am so glad that I took that first bold step and had this surgery. I love WW but after 6 tries - it was just not enough (I am still going to WW though). I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying life ! Take care my friends...

Melinda in Florida

Hi all.....I'm 60, 7weeks post op, down 41 pounds from the day my journey began and very happy that I decided to have the surgery! Most of my life has been yo-yo dieting and gaining just a bit more back each time. I've had my first fill last week with the next scheduled for July. Excited to see my life changing as I bring out the new me and optimistic about the future! I hope your journey goes wonderfully! Debbie in Oregon

Ladybug: You are doing great..keep up the good work. Things do slow down a bit as you move on but you expect that. I am currently trying to get myself moving and exercising more to jump start my loss. But hey, I haven't started going back up and that is a good thing. Have a great summer and here's hoping you are feeling as great as you are starting to look.

Melinda in Florida