Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 lbs lost since start of preop diet last tuesday

So I went to my preop appointment today to get my blood drawn and library worth of documents. I lost six pounds which is good but now I'm starting to get nervous.Next Tuesday at ill be walking in those doors. I was actually okay until they gave me the will and testament papers. Now I'm like, are yall trying to tell me I'm not gonna wake up. I know that's standard but it just freaked me out !

So I went to my preop appointment today to get my blood drawn and library worth of documents. I lost six pounds which is good but now I'm starting to get nervous.Next Tuesday at ill be walking in those doors. I was actually okay until they gave me the will and testament papers. Now I'm like, are yall trying to tell me I'm not gonna wake up. I know that's standard but it just freaked me out !

I was excited up until the day I booked my surgery. I've been freaking out ever since. I've been considering bailing out. I started my pre-op diet today, and it was really hard. I just want to cry, and not have to do this. :-(

Don't cry!you'll be fine, its hard to get used too. Be brace and embrace a new,life ahead!This what tell myself, I trust that God will bring me through, of course I'm still a nervous wreck but I'm Psyched about the journey ahead!Be encouraged!:)

Ihad my pre-opt appoint today also. I asked them if they could just do the surgery today. The waiting was sressing me out. No deal. 9 more days.

I was exactly the same. Totally excited til i got my date. Then i was nervous. When i did my preop stuff i was soooo nervous. I was parinoid i wouldnt wake up. In fact, when i woke up in recovery i said "oh thank god i woke up". The nurses got a good laugh. You will be fine. I just reminded myself of all the reasons i was doing this.

J

Banded 9/22

Thanks J!

I am on day 9 of the pre-op diet and I can tell you that it gets better. I am scheduled to be banded on Oct. 17th and I am looking forward to having the surgery behind me. I am looking forward to the time after I have healed and gotten used to the band. I have always been overweight and I am currently considered morbidly obese and I am looking forward to being thin! I am also looking forward to being able to do things that I could never or would never do because of my weight! Hang in there!

Debora

weight.png

Yes Debra, I'm with you!Let's geter' done!

I started my pre-op diet last Wednesday and have lost 6 pounds too. I have my surgery next Wednesday and I am very nervous. I am so hungry but hoping this will end soon.

I was exactly the same. Totally excited til i got my date. Then i was nervous. When i did my preop stuff i was soooo nervous. I was parinoid i wouldnt wake up. In fact, when i woke up in recovery i said "oh thank god i woke up". The nurses got a good laugh. You will be fine. I just reminded myself of all the reasons i was doing this.

J

Banded 9/22

I really like this post. It makes me feel better and it made me laugh. Thank you!

Don't cry!you'll be fine, its hard to get used too. Be brace and embrace a new,life ahead!This what tell myself, I trust that God will bring me through, of course I'm still a nervous wreck but I'm Psyched about the journey ahead!Be encouraged!:)

Thank you so much! I am trying to be brave! ;-)

I AM INTO DAY #4 AND NO WEIGHT LOSS AND NO CHEATS I AM SO SCARED WHAT IS WRONG AND WHY AM I NOT DROPPING ANY WEIGHT. I TALKED WITH MY DR TODAY AND THEY SAID I HAVE TO INCREASE MY FLUIDS, BUT AT 800-900 CALORIES A DAY, PLEASE NOT EVEN A POUND. THEY WONT DO SURGERY IF I DONT LOSE 10 LBS BY 10/24/11 SURGERYDATE IS 10/27/11. ANY ADVICE? PLEASE HELP

I AM INTO DAY #4 AND NO WEIGHT LOSS AND NO CHEATS I AM SO SCARED WHAT IS WRONG AND WHY AM I NOT DROPPING ANY WEIGHT. I TALKED WITH MY DR TODAY AND THEY SAID I HAVE TO INCREASE MY FLUIDS, BUT AT 800-900 CALORIES A DAY, PLEASE NOT EVEN A POUND. THEY WONT DO SURGERY IF I DONT LOSE 10 LBS BY 10/24/11 SURGERYDATE IS 10/27/11. ANY ADVICE? PLEASE HELP

What diet are they having you do? I've been doing mine for 8 days and have lost 5 lbs. but I'm not on all liquid yet.

Right now I'm doing a Meal Replacement shake in the morning, 1/2 a Meal Replacement shake, 2-4 oz. of lean Protein, and 1/2 cup cooked veggies or 1 cup raw veggies for lunch and dinner, and then I get 2-3 Protein Snacks such as cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt, or nuts. I have to start the liquid on Sunday and it'll be Meal Replacements for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then 2-3 Liquid Protein Snacks.< /p>

What diet are they having you do? I've been doing mine for 8 days and have lost 5 lbs. but I'm not on all liquid yet.

Right now I'm doing a Meal replacement shake in the morning, 1/2 a meal replacement shake, 2-4 oz. of lean Protein, and 1/2 cup cooked veggies or 1 cup raw veggies for lunch and dinner, and then I get 2-3 Protein Snacks such as cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt, or nuts. I have to start the liquid on Sunday and it'll be Meal Replacements for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then 2-3 Liquid Protein Snacks.< /p>

I am on the Optifast with no food. today got on the scale looks like 1/2 and peeing my brains out every 20 minutes. Just got back from the pool swam for 45 min. The question that is really bothering me now is.. 800, 900 calories are just that whether liquid or solids. If I am not losing now how will I lose when banded. I am paying for this so I am motivated and I am sticking to the diet as instructed. Hoping by Monday when I have to call my doctor I will have better news. Thank you so much for your input. I dont feel so alone.