Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

why are people SO Mean!

I did have a situation yesterday that I want to share. Mostly to get out of my system...It happend with Mar**, a coworker, here at ***. I mentioned early in the week that I tried on a size 4 and I was able to get into it but that was all I said. Another co worker, Ci**, said it was great and she was happy for me. Well, yesterday when I was leaving it was VERY windy outside and as I was leaving Mar** said "dont blow away" and I laughed and said yeah, YOU don't blow away. She is very tiny and about 120-125 pounds. and she said snidely "well, you must weigh less than me if you fit in a size 4!" and walked into her office! I stood at the door and said I weight 141 pounds and no one said anything so I walked out. On my drive home I started thinking that wasn't a nice thing for her to say. It was as though she didn't believe that I could fit in a size 4. Then I thought I am probably 3-4 inches taller than her and I try on clothes all the time where she wears her husbands cloths and NEVER buys new clothing so how would she know what size she truly wears. The only new clothes she gets are things her husband will buy her online and probably in a size she probably wore 10 years ago! so I am mad. I am mad that my co-workers are not happy but jealous and bitter that I look better than they do and that I do want to wear nicer things and better clothing than I ever have. It's my right for doing so well. Damn it I walk six days a week and I watch what I eat and I want to lift weight to tone up and I think it's wonderful that I have accomplished what I have! so there I'm done venting and I am over it!!! FU Mar**!

i just don't get people. instead of being happy for you, they have to be ugly. i have been jealous of people in the past but my jealousy comes out as being happy jealous and wanting to bask in their enjoyment. now i understand why some people start over after a huge weight loss; new job, new town. the way you get back at her is get that size four dress and wear it proudly and keep the tag on and let it hang out so she can see it. be proud of yourself and instead of kill them kindness, kill them with hotness. congratulations!!!

I have a co worker who has lost a lot of weight - on her own - as she keeps telling me and everyone who will listen. I am please for her but when i am having a bad day i want to smack her one and i probably make a snide remark or two. Bubblegirl, maybe this girl is having her own issues and and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The girl i work with has lost 40 kilo but now talks about how fat other people are and how disgusting they are. One day she was talking about her daughters friend saying her parents should be had up for child abuse for letting her get so fat. She then described how disgustingly fat / morbidly obese, with rolls of back etc, etc, this 16 year old girl was, then looked at me and said "she is probably even a bit bigger than you". I was speechless.

I have lost over 30 kilos, about 65lbs, but still have a way to go. She has lost 40 and is about 2 kilo off her goal. She is 10 years younger than me. I dont know if she is just out right mean or insensitive or both. But i have seen her mean side so i am leaning towards that even though we are friends(at work only).

In addition to above:

Oh, and my snide remarks are usually something like "as long as you don't put the weight back on" when she is bragging about loosing weight "on my own" and she is saying" I don't believe in diets, i just eat well and exercise". Or i might say "not all people gain weight from eating too much, some people have medical problems and genetics against them" or i will say "that was us 12 months ago". I don't say anything nasty.

Keep your head up, you have done great. People always got something to say. They really just need to keep their big*** mouth shut sometimes. Enjoy your weight lost and be happy. Negative people are everywhere, if they can destroy your spirit, they gonna try. Of course you're upset, but just look in the mirror and say BAM, I look damn good and I'm proud of it. Congrats!!!

Jealousy is an ugly monster. Next time just let her rude comments hang in the air for all others to reflect on what a jerk she is.

Hold your head high and enjoy your new size! A thought comes to mind ....... go buy a new pair of jeans and "forget" to remove the sticker on the leg that states the size clearly :)