Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

jumpstart AGAIN

I AM IN NEED OF A CLEAN SLATE. WANT TO START OVER WITH THE PRE-OP DIET, IN WHICH I LOST 40 LBS, AND VERY LITTLE SINCE. AND, I AM 4 YEARS OUT! STILL NEED TO LOSE 90LBS.

I HAVE GREAT RESTRICTION, BUT AM NOT MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES. TODAY, I STARTED ON SLIM FAST AGAIN, ASIDE FROM A CUP OF coffee THIS MORN. SLIM FAST IS ALL I'VE HAD TODAY, HAD PLANNED ON ONE FOR dinner, BUT I AM WANTING TO EAT SOMETHING! OH, I FINALLY DID GIVE IN TO FAT FREE YOGURT AROUND 3:30 AND DINNER IS STILL A GOOD 3 HOURS AWAY......HELP!

I would pick a different Protein Drink for starts. Slim fast does not have a lot of Protein and that is what you want to keep the hunger away. I eat 6 times a day and it keeps my body happy and also keeps me from making bad food choices. You need to start looking at what you are eating and ask yourself if that bad choice is really worth it. Sometimes I pick something up think about if I really want to give up that many cals and end up making another choice. Good luck, you have the tool, you can do it!

If you choose to use slimfast or other drinks in place of food your band cannot do what it is supposed to do. Slimfast is a liquid , it will pass straight through and you will feel as hungry as when you tried to do a similar diet preband. I'm not surprised you are hungry.

In order to get the most benefit from the band you need to eat foods that will keep you satisfied and that will pass slowly through the band. Foods such as solid Protein, low GI carbs and vegetables.

Try changing what you are eating and it should make a huge difference.

You may be able to find some motivation after visiting the website I write for. Truth In change. It's a free online community driven toward inspring people toward a healthier and happier quality of life. We offer tips, support, recipes, and amazing people sharing their journeys. The link is posted in my signature. Feel free to add me if you have any other questions. Keep us posted :)

I think you need to choose actual foods to keep you feeling full rather than drinks that will pass through the band. I am not yet banded but that is my opinion..

Try oatmeal or Cereal for breafast, half a sandwich with protien in it for lunch, then chicken and a veggie for dinner. You need to fuel the body to burn the fat.

Cheers!!

I think you need to choose actual foods to keep you feeling full rather than drinks that will pass through the band. I am not yet banded but that is my opinion..

Try oatmeal or Cereal for breafast, half a sandwich with protien in it for lunch, then chicken and a veggie for dinner. You need to fuel the body to burn the fat.

Cheers!!

all of you are absolutely right! I kept telling myself i needed to go back to the pre-op diet to jumpstart, but all previous attempts failed. I've been doing some research and I need to drop the slimfast and eat some real food with Protein. I always add ANYWHEY Protein Powder to just about everything i eat and drink. Since i am so tired all of the time, I'm probably not getting enough. i seldom eat meat, Today I am watching the carbs and cutting out the sweets, . I steamed some brocolli and cauliflower for dinner last night. That's all I ate. Today, I'm starting with coffee to open me up, and later will have oatmeal sprinkled with protein pwd. tuna is on the menu for lunch. I'm going to start up the Water again, cause I never drink enough water. Thanks for helping me yesterday !

Sounds like a great menu for the day.