Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long were you off work after surgery?

I have an office job - very little activity. How long should I expect to be off work?

Thanks!

A couple days should be plenty.

I have an office job also. I had surgery on Tuesday returned to work the following Monday. I felt good but was exhausted when I got home. :D

Oh good! I expected longer than that!

Honestly, I needed an exact week. I was banded on a Friday and worked from home on the following Monday. Then went to work on Tuesday. I could only stay a half day because it was difficult to sit. I have my port just above my belly button. I did a half day till thursday, and Friday felt like the first day I could sit through the entire day and actually concentrate on work.

I had surgery late Thursday. Went back to work not the next Monday but the Monday after. So 9 days.

I work in an office

I took 2 weeks off

Returned on a Friday

I was ready for the weekend after that day

The surgery and 4 weeks (2 pre 2 pos) of diet took a lot out of me

Time off ranges from 2 weeks to 2 months.

It really depends on the person and their health.

I'm a teacher and had my surgery right after school let out for the summer, so I was off for 8 weeks lol but really, I think I would have needed 7-10 days before I could have worked. After that I felt like my old self!

I have an office job to. I was able to take 3 weeks off because my job let me. I could have returned after 1 week, but definitely not before then. Everybody is different and healing time will differ. I would say plan on taking 1 week. I was in pain the first 4 days.

weight.png

I work a desk job as well. They were generous with my time and allowed me to take as long as I needed, so I milked it and took from my day of surgery (Dec13th) off and didn't return to work until the day after new years. I was really tired most days once I returned. I'm a medical coder so I spend most of my day reading the unreadable and researching, which is a headache on a normal day. It was very hard for me to sit still and concentrate while I was uncomforable, itchy and in pain from the desk rubbing and my bra irritating one of my incisions. I had to keep getting up to walk around, and wound up leaving early a few times. This went on, but only at work, for a few weeks. Other than sitting at my desk I was fine, but everyones different, sitting may not bother you.

I had a very strenuous job in a medical facility. Surgery was on Tuesday and I went back to work the following Monday.

I sit at a desk all day and took 5 days off... looking back 7 would have been more comfortable because I still had some slight nausea and the pain meds made me sleepy!

I had surgery on Monday and went back the following Monday and needed to call in sick on Tuesday. It turned out to be a very rough week, wish I took a little more time, but I am starting to feel better now 11 days out.

[0926][/0926]

I'm a firefighter/paramedic & was back to work in 3 1/2 weeks. I was ready a week before that, but decided to take a 3,000 mile motorcycle trip before going back to work! No pains, no nausea, no complaints in the least bit after about 10 days post-op.