Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah....I screwed up. But I'm not discouraged AT ALL.

:rolleyes: Okay...okay...I know. I take full responsibility for myself. There is no one to blame. I was banded may 11 2011 and after I healed up there was no restriction. Well nothing that lasted very long. So I ate what I could. And by that I mean I ate what I wanted and that would go "down". And without restriction that pretty much made everything free game. I did my best to stay in the gym so I didn't gain all my pre surgery weight back but most of it. Every few weeks my friends would ask me how it was coming along and I never gave them a # of how many pounds I lost because for weeks and weeks that number stayed the same. Let's be serious here....that number really hasn't changed since a few weeks post op so I've held a solid 20 pounds off for the last 4+ months. But the best thing happened to me....I found my motivation. Well, actually I found my energy. I never had any growing up. Energy. I was the one always looking for the easy route home never doing sports would rather fiddle around on my violin. Always sleeping after school not really doing much. Yeah I had my interests but I was a sleeper. Up until last week....you could still call me one. I have 2 kids at 25. One at 14 (she is daughter by marriage =p ) and a 4 year old and I take naps when they are at school and am usually the first one in the house to fall asleep. Sounds horrible to some but I got things done in between and dishes are never ending yada yada yada. Anywho, my husband finally dragged me into this Vitamin store. Never really been to one. Never even noticed that there were any. period. AND OMG! I had my doubts when we went in there and dropped about 170 dollars on big things of Protein 7, sublingual B12, liquid d3.....the list goes on. But until the 3 day after my 3rd fill which would be TODAY I never knew how great they are. I have been going since 7 this morning. I don't feel wired, I haven't felt like I needed to go lay down. There were a couple times where my old habits creeped their ugly head in and told me I could be perfectly happy jumping on the couch and watching a show and take a break but I avoided all my urges with little more then a new thought. IT IS AMAZING! I wanted to share that with everyone. I feel like going to the gym on a regular basis will no longer require my whole day to be free because I'll know I might land in bed afterwards. I feel like I can keep up with the kids and get a few extra things done every day. I can't wait til I have a solid month on these Vitamins. No more anemia, and definicies, dry hair, brittle nails. I feel healthier. And what is even better...the girl at the store said to come back in a couple weeks after I have adjusted to my fill and she will tailor my diet with healthy carbs, Proteins, snacks....the works. This is a great new start and I feel like I might still redeme myself after the shaky begining. I can actually do this. FYI: I AM DOWN 3 POUNDS! WOOO HOOO. I am losing weight again. Can I get a c'mon with the C'MON!

Hurray! Good luck to you . Definitely sounds like you needed something to be adjusted in your system, if you need to sleep so much. My daughter has the same trouble. She takes many Vitamins, too! She can tell when her system is off, she will need a nap. She was. also, an afternoon napper. Best wishes. Karen

Gee, its rare to find people so deficient, what were you eating to be lacking so much? Have you had your thyroid checked?

Nonetheless, its great news! We watched Limitless last night and I would LOVE to get my hands on a pill like that, lol. Imagine how much you'd get done - the ironing, the floors, the house would be organised, all my planning for a year of teachign would be done, the finances in order, nails done, make up done, hair done, school clothes ready for tomorrow, all the school notices done, oh my, it would be wonderful! I'd speed around a 10km run every single day, look forward to weight training, have a fridge and freezer full of super healthy food, I'd be so perfect I coudlnt even stand myself.

You must feel a little the same. Its one of the things that prompted me to get banded, I felt like a fat lazy slob. I never got anythign done, I always needed a rest and yes, a gym session would see me exhausted on the couch for the rest of the day. Its wonderful to say goodbye to that lifestyle. And it will only get better as you lose - I got more done and got more exercise whilst having chemo than I did in my old life.

Congrats and C"MON stephanie! sounds like you and your husband are working the issue and it has paid off. Keep up the good work. AND congrats! on not giving up!

Woo-Hoo! C'mon. Keep going. Feels great doesn't it!