Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foods you cannot eat

Yes and no, I can eat a tuna, but it has to have oil and vinegar. I can also eat meatball subs, very small bites. I can usually split the 6" in two, and have 2 meals out of it, cost effective. deli meats on bread sometimes give me a hard time. All you can do is try. It's kinda fun trying to figure out what works....note it you are out on a fancy date, stick with the Soup :D

Thank you all for your responses. Very interesting. So can anbody eat Subway Sandwich? lol That is my favorite food ever!

Funnily enough, even though I dont have problems in general with bread - Subway bread - ugh. I can get some of it down but its a very risky food for me. Doughy breads are definitely harder. I watched my son down a foot long and was gobsmacked, I cant fathom anymore how somebody could eat SO much in a sitting, let alone so much bread. Do you really love Subway? I just dont get why people like it, but we all have different tastes. I really really want a meat pie today (an Aussie delicacy) and I know they're full of lips and assholes rather than identifiable meat!

I had a "Marie Calander" single serving chicken pot pie for dinner on Sunday. It was 650 calories, yipes!! I ate part of it, let my husband finish his and mine. I enjoyed it, and didn't feel too guilty. I went bowling that evening, so worked a lot of it off! Good luck on your journey to the rest of your life! Karen

Thank you all for your responses. Very interesting. So can anbody eat Subway Sandwich? lol That is my favorite food ever!

No subway sandwich for me. I do eat the Soup and i will get two scoops of tuna or the crab and eat it on crackers

Wendy's chili is great..... i think for some reason, most Lb people can eat there chili.... go figure.

Here are a few things i can eat when dinning out: I do well wit Pasta, so i order that alot, can't eat very much of it. Oh... i just remembered one fried food i do eat..... the shrimp at Hooters with the med. sauce.

i can eat baked potatoes and eat that at most places.... outback i get the baked sweet potato. I either order a Water or lemon aid. i'll take a few sips before my meal, but never with my meal and i take the rest home for later if it lemon aid.... Water i leave there.

I still drink my Mt. Dew..... sorry, i just can't help it. It takes me all day, but i drink a small can per day.

the things i really miss.......... Hamburger on a bun, french fires, wings from Wing Stop, Philly steak sandwich at Hooters, Steak at Outback....

Things i do eat most everyday: i start my day with a cup of coffee, then i take 10 crackers and two wedges of the Laughing Cow cheese and eat that for Breakfast. That normally takes me into lunch and i will eat a baked potato or chili from Wendy's, tuna from Subway or a frozen meal. snack a few more crackers. dinner is normally some kind of soup or potato, very moist chicken or losely packed hamburger cooked med., or some type of Pasta. Treat for the night.... the single serving of Blue Bell ice Cream... that it... i'm done.

She told me there are several foods that folks that have been banded absolutely can not eat (across the board). Just to name a few:

• Bread
  • Celery
  • pizza
  • Flour tortillas (what the heck, I'm from NM :mellow: !)
  • Anything that is breaded

My question is, is anybody able to eat any of hte above?

I can eat bread, celery, pizza, tortillas and anything that is breaded. However... I can tell you that I have had 1/2 slice of pizza 2x in the 10 months I have been banded, limited my celery intake because it does seem to much work to chew chew chew.... I eat 45 calorie wheat bread several times per week and dont have any issues. I have tried white bread and didnt seem to have issue with it but its soooo many calories I don't bother. I love tortilla chips and will have a few of them now and again. I havent had any flat tortillas because they just seem a waste of calories so I dont know how they would do.... I also avoid anything breaded however I did have a few bites of something breaded a few months ago and didnt have any trouble.

You will find your band is selective and personal. I eat a scrambled egg today and I dont have any issue. Tomorrow I eat a scrambled egg and can't digest it..... go figure... LOL

I'm FINALLY getting banded this Friday 9/30/2011 :Banane29: Happy Dance Everybody!!!

Anyway, I had my final meeting with my nutrionist last week. She told me there are several foods that folks that have been banded absolutely can not eat (across the board). Just to name a few:

• Bread
  • Celery
  • pizza
  • Flour tortillas (what the heck, I'm from NM :mellow: !)
  • Anything that is breaded

My question is, is anybody able to eat any of hte above?

I can eat celery and tortillas but cannot any bread or anything that is breaded. I can eat pizza as long as it is thin crusted.

There is absolutely nothing I can't eat if I eat it slow enough and take small enough bites. I have had trouble with bread once in a while and with scrambled eggs (?) But if I take it slow I can usually eat anything.

To me it seems if I have something with bread I do fine as long as I don't over eat. It seems like the quantiity of food I can eat at a meal is much less when bread or Pasta or something like that is involved.

Everyone is different. Some people just can not eat some things.

Best of Luck!

I can't do any bread. I have trouble with eggs getting stuck. I have to eat slow or everything will get stuck. I can't do dry meat. I do crunchy stuff better than soft. Everyone is different so just take it slow and find out what works for you.

i cant do eggs easily; i love eggs, but they get stuck any way I prepare them. I can't do much deli meat actually no deli meat works with my band.

I can eat anything I want also . When I first met my doc I asked him about all them foods and he said yes some people do have trouble with them, but he made it very clear to me that the band isn't in me to restrict me from my favorite foods , the band is in me to teach me to enjoy my favorite foods in a proper Portion Control :)

I still eat the same foods before my surgery, I'm just alot more careful , I watch how often I eat my favorite foods. I love pizza its my downfall. Before my surgery I would eat pizza five times a week sometimes two times a day and let me tell you I could put it away lol. Now I eat pizza once a month maybe twice a month and two slices and I'm happy with that .

Just remember the band is to help us with portion control and to help us to say fuller a little bit longer that is it nothing more , nothing less. I didn't get WLS to give up everything , I got it to learn how to eat properly and yes that includes them bad foods of pizza, chips , or even a fast food hamburger

Ii have not been banded yet, but I have been practicing the small bites and chewing since I know that is going to be a hard habit to break. (I would rather break it now than later because of pain ya know?) Anyway, I have noticed that things dont taste the same after you chew them that much and some things I am totally turned off from now because of that strange taste when it has been obliterated in my mouth. Steak for one has no hold over me anymore becuase of that! I cant speak for the being stuck, but it is very weird that things change taste when you actually chew them to bits!

What works best for me is to take a bit and put the fork or spoon DOWN.... This is good to practice too... it helps me to slow down and think about what im eating.

I love Subway too and have avoided it since being banded up until last week when I ordered a salad. It was really good! I do miss the bread though, especially the Oat one. Best of luck to you. Believe me, it is all worth it!!!!

Jenn

I haven't had any fills so i can eat anything at the moment. there are foods that i have stayed away from, mostly rice and breads. I can eat subway sandwiches, but i have found that i will eat a few bites of it and then just pull the bread off and eat the meats that are on the sandwich because i just get soooo tired of chewing it. :P but i can eat it.

There's nothing I can't eat. Or if there is, I haven't found it yet. Never been stuck or anything. I CHOOSE to stay away from popcorn because I'm scared of getting a kernel husk stuck in my stoma but that's my choice. I CHOOSE not to eat Cereal because that would open all the food floodgates for me! Wraps/tortillas are my chosen type of "bread" and I have them all the time.

I don't have any problems with breaded foods or flour tortillas . Corn ones are another story! I can't eat bread, Pasta, beef, pork, lamb, salad, most raw vegetables give me problems.