Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PORT LOCATIONS : there ARE options

My port is above my left breast, about 2 inches down from arm pit level. It is sewn into the muscle so that it moves naturally. It is very easy to find, and sometimes sticks out a little if I move just right. (I think I busted a anchor stitch my first day home after operation -- I don't care for this but so far it is very unnoticable to others ). The skin is thinner, so the doctor/PA uses a smaller needle to fill the port, and I never need him to numb the area. So far so good with this location. A bathing suit strap, or bra hides it easily. And the scar is nearly gone --- this part of the body seems to have healthier skin than my stretch-marked abdomen. So where's your at ............... and what are the pros and cons for you?

Seems far removed from your band, I didn't know that different spits was a typical option. My port WAS right above my belly button bit was moved when I had my TT to over to the left of my belly button

Mine is on the left, under my rib cage. The size of the needle has nothing to do with the skin. It has to do with the port. They are all small. I have never had the area numbed before accessing it.

Mine is just a few inches below my rib cage on my RH side. Doesn't bother me at. High enough from the waist of pants and low enough from my ribs. :)

Mine is under my rib cage on the left side but more to the middle of my belly. I was surprised at first because I was expecting it to be on the left side more than it is...but I haven't had any problems. I can feel it, you can't see it and the only issue I have had was at work because I am used to resting clipboards on my stomach and now that its much smaller I put it where the port is out of habit. It'll ache every once in awhile but it's self inflicted lol....I am glad mine is where it is.

Mine is a couple inches below my belly button. It's good because my bra isn't rubbing against it all day, but after losing around 50 pounds it's sore if I lean against a hard surface, like the counter when I'm making dinner. I'm also a little nervous what will happen to it when I decide to have children, but that's a question for the doctor. All in all though, I'm pretty happy with the placement.

I have no idea where mine is. I haven't gone in for a fill yet, and when I've felt around I do NOT feel it. I was told it was on the left side and will be above the belly button, so I am a lttle anxious to see exactly where it is. Did you guys feel it right away? I've push around and nothing, can't tell at all......of course this concerns me as well. I know that my doctors office does numb the area before doing fills, which I thought was great because I'm not into pain. haha :rolleyes:

Mine is about an inch below my ribcage, a couple inches to the left of center. I like where it is at so far. I sometimes forget it is there and if I lean on a high counter, ouch! People look at me like I'm nuts when I barely lean on something and jump back like I was bitten by a rattlesnake :D I have lost a little over a hundred pounds and when I lose weight I get thinner in my torso area, so my ribs now stick out and there is a slight bump where my port is. I have not worked very hard at toning up my stomach and when I do, the port may stick out. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there. Good luck to everyone!!!

My port is under my muscle on my left side beside my belly button. My doc even has some trouble sometimes trying to find it but I love that I can't see it because it used to stick out before we moved it.

When I had my tt it was moved.

MIne is in my bellybutton on the lower part :) can't even tell!

Mine is an inch up and a couple inches to the right of my belly button. For my first couple fills it was impossible to find. Once I lost the weight and before my Tummy Tuck it used to REALLy stick out. I couldn't wear clingy clothing or even certain tshirts. During my TT they switched me to a low profile port and put it below the muscle. I haven't lost any more weight but I'm in really good shape and now it sticks out (a little) again. It's a good problem to have, but the benefit of weighing 286 pounds was a deeply embedded, cushioned port!

about 3 inches left of my belly button. I never, ever feel a thing. The only way I can actually feel the port is to get in the "fill" position. A pillow under my small back - and do a "crunch" -- then I can feel the port.