Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fell off track

Hi. was banded in December 2010. I lost 40 lbs and am at a standstill. Again I am one of us that "eats around the band" I am a fast eater so whenever I eat a real meal it comes back up. An hour or so later I am starving and go for the ice cream, Cereal, chips and dip. I haven't gained any but have not lost any either. :blink: I was going to go for a fill but since I am throwing up I don't think it is wise. Any suggestions on how to get back on track. I have a very busy life. i am a nurse. I work until 5pm. I have two 7 yr old twins, one is autistic and is on a special diet and my partner is cooking challenged. Please help.

I'd say, if you love the bad foods, find the better option for them.

Chips-they have vegetable chips that taste just like potato chips!

Icecream-subsitute it for yogurt

Dip-Go with hummus!

Just keep working on finding healthy, quick alternatives!

And try to slow down your eating. Throwing up every time you eat is not a good thing!

I understand it's hard, because before my surgery I was a fast eater as well!

It sounds like you should be talking with a good nutritionist. I'm sure weight loss is still just as important to you

as ever, you have just put it on hold. Don't forget why you started this to begin with, your kids, the way others look at you

the way clothes fit. There are many people here on this forum that can help you get back on track, so good luck and

I hope you can continue to keep losing.

Hi. was banded in December 2010. I lost 40 lbs and am at a standstill. Again I am one of us that "eats around the band" I am a fast eater so whenever I eat a real meal it comes back up. An hour or so later I am starving and go for the ice cream, cereal,chips and dip. I haven't gained any but have not lost any either. :blink: I was going to go for a fill but since I am throwing up I don't think it is wise. Any suggestions on how to get back on track. I have a very busy life. i am a nurse. I work until 5pm. I have two 7 yr old twins, one is autistic and is on a special diet and my partner is cooking challenged. Please help.

I'm troubled about what you are describing and you do need some help (listen to me, Miss week-old band!). Get back into your doctor ASAP and make sure that all is well health wise. There could be, as you know, some underlying health problems going on or, depression/anxiety that needs treatment. The may recommend meds and/or therapy. If those issues aren't addressed, it would seem that just following a diet restriction would not work for you. Perhaps when you are well, you and your doctor might discuss your band fill needs, or maybe a plication. You could put yourself on high Protein liquids and Vitamins for a few weeks to repair yourself a little.

Another suggestion would be to go to the new forums (pre-op maybe) and, kind of get yourself back into the Pre-Band mode. You obviously have knowledge and experience, helping others and getting out of oneself can be very therapuetic I am pretty certain of that. Thats what the AA groups and such promote, keeping yourself sober by helping others get and stay that way.

Good Luck to You! No Excuses, OK?

To me is sounds like you are too tight if you vomit every time you eat. Getting a fill will only make is worse. Perhaps you need a slight unfil.

It sounds like you know what you are doing wrong. It may be time to talk to a therapist because it still seems like that addiction to food is creeping up on you. You shouldn't be eating chips and ice cream on any weight loss program. Even though we had surgery, it doesn't mean we don't make changes. I suggest you get back on the wagon. You can do it.

Also...slow down on the meals. I know it is hard but take your time, you will feel satisfied longer.

Teen, i would go back to your dr and nut. You shouldnt be throwing up after every meal and you need to find the reason for it. Make sure your band is ok (from all the puking). I too have 2 kids, one of whom is autistic and is on a special diet (GFCF). I know how stressful it can be to have a special needs child. But you have to take care of yourself. For yourself. And for your kids. Go back to the dr, start over, follow the rules. We CAN do this! You CAN do this!

J

as nurses we tend to breathe our food in and keep on moving. We cannot do this anymore! here are some suggestions for you take into consideration.

Take some time to log your meals in so that you have an idea of what it is that you are eating and how much you are eating. i was eating far more than I thought i was.

I don't know about you, but I thought that I was moving enough in my job...sigh...i was wrong and had to add exercise. started climbing stairs both ways and walking further. Tough to do when you have kids who may not be able to keep up.

as a nurse we have access to all the wrong, easy to eat foods. try to preplan with easy prep foods for work. I do all the weighing of the food and pack it in small containers or baggies to take with me at work.

Eating at home. or cooking at home. I have found places like skinny taste.com where Gina has re-made several recipes into user friendly break down of calories, carbs, Proteins, etc... primarily for weight watchers, but i find it effective for our needs too.

I am not assuming that you have not done these things, just trying to make some suggestions that might work in your hectic life style.

Ooh, thanks for the recipe link, I'm going to make the kids chicken enchiladas for dinner tonight!

To the OP, I think you might just need to SLOW DOWN. You need to control how fast you eat, perhaps reduce the size of what you consider a "meal" (It took me at least 12 months to believe I'd be satisfied by what was on my plate, before that I overserved myself every single time). Put what you think you'll eat on the plate and then take some away! Really really work on getting that meal down without scarfing it quickly.

Its only if you can do that that you can really judge just how tight your band is. But personally, I find that unless I can get a proper meal in - and keep my band loose enough to do so - it doesnt matter how tight I am, I will go back to the chips, dips, Cookies and ice cream within an hour or two of the meal. Eating proper meals is SO important. If you've slowed down and you still cant eat a proper meal, you need some fill out. There is no level of tightness that will prvent eating bad foods like chips, it just wont work to get tighter and tighter thinking it will stop you doing this.

Its why I dont snack. If I plan to snack, I eat less at mealtime to allow the calories and then I go all day without a single satisfying meal, they're all too small and after a day or two the cravings set in big time.