Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September team is coming back. So I am checking in as well.

Can't boast too much- not loosing as expected, neither am I eating as planned. But somehow I am still optimistic.

After the second fill December 22, I am back and forth from 60 to 55 of total weight loss.

First week or two after the fill- lost rapidly, then -restriction and post-fill diet over, and I started eating as before. The weight started coming back immediately.

I probably should have done another fill on the pick of the weight loss, but how could I know?

Next fiil is tomorrow and I keep my fingers crossed.

My concern is that restriction gradually goes away and portions instead- come back.. What will we do when there is no more room for the fill?

And- I am not sure that once I reach the green zone, will it stay there , or get loose again?

Dalex -- Just keep going!!!! One foot in front of the other.

Remember, the band is only a tool. According to my Bariatric psychologist, you still have to control your eating -- the band won't do it all for you. In my case, that means confronting my constant hunger. When I eat, smaller portions do satisfy me (that's the band!), but I'm hungry again in two hours (that's me!). The band won't keep me "full", I have to do that for myself. Drinking Water helps, as does distracting myself, but I need to learn to not react to my perceived hunger by eating between meals. It's a struggle, and will probably always be!

You are doing great, Dalex! Cut yourself some slack, and keep it up! You are not perfect, but who is?

Lisa

I feel like such a loser,

and not in the losing weight way!

I've only lost 6 lbs since my surgery day.

I work out and eat right,

and yet nothing!

To top it all off,

I'm getting stuck, slimming, PBing, or regurgitation with almost every meal.

Everyone else that has surgery in Sept 2011 is twenty+ pounds down

while i'm still in the single digits.

Anyone have any advice?

I am a fill nurse and fill approximatly 20 patients a day at the surgeons office. We do our fills under flouroscopy each and every time. That gives us the ability to find the port without multiple tries and also do a barium swallow to adjust the fill as needed instead of "guessing" as to how much of a fill a patient needs. What size band do you have?

It sounds like you are too tight. When you are not able to eat you will not lose weight. Whatever you are able to keep down your body is holding onto because it thinks you are starving it so its going to hold on to all the weight you have.

Just checking in. Had an appointment this week but had to cancel so I will see the doc in March. I think I am going to get a fill. Although I am still losing with the plication alone, it has slowed a lot and I am ready to get back to bigger numbers. Time to put the band to work.

Hey September Bandsters,

I haven't been on for a long time. Life has been crazy, between working full time and two kids and don't forget a fiancee and house and........ LOL!!!!!! I was doing so good but I have hit some plateaus and of course am stuck in one now. I know I haven't been exercising like I should--having a hard time finding the time. I have had two fills and after this last one, the weight isn't coming off and I had a couple of stuck episodes. I know I was eating too fast, since I am always rushing around. I only have about 1000 calories a day, so I know I am not eating too much. I am hungry ALOT

This just gets frustrating! Hoping everyone is doing good! I hope next time I log on I can tell you things are better. Wishing warmer weather comes quicker so I can get outside and get moving!

Keep up the good work!

Wanted to share my recent nsv with my September buddies. Last week I went shopping for blue jeans, 5 months ago my jeans were a 22 and tight on me. The ones I got last week are size 16! Woohoo, I can't remember the last time I wore a size 16. I wish I was losing a bit faster, but I'm happy with my loss so far. Hope everyone else is doing good. I'm looking forward to spring and getting out on my bike!

Way to go Sharilo! I just recently went shopping for jeans, and I'm embarrassed to admit I hadn't shopped for a pair in years. The elastic waist pants were the only ones I dared to go out in. Now that I am dressing differently, everyone is starting to wonder what is going on. I haven't told many people about my surgery and everyone keeps asking what I'm doing to lose the weight. Is it easier to share what you're going through? I just worry about the negative perception it might create for those that don't understand what the lap band really is.

I am curious how "full" the other September bandsters are at this point. I have had 4 fills so far in a 14 cc band, and am around 8.75 cc's right now. I did not get a fill last month, but have another appointment next week. I am at that point where I'm unsure if I should have a fill... which is the same way I felt last month. The stuck episodes seem to only happen when I'm eating too fast and the meat is too dry. Could this be the green zone?

JoJo

JoJo, I've been feeling the same way about fills. I'm scheduled to have one on March 7th, but I'm thinking maybe I don't need one. After my last one I've had many more "stuck" episodes. In fact I had one last night and actually vomited for the first time. That scared me a bit. I know though that I caused it myself because I was shoveling in the food without even thinking about. Bad, bad, bad. It seems like my other episodes are due to not chewing good enough or dry meat. I just don't know what to do. I think I will keep the appt and discuss my issues with the doctor.

As far as telling people about my band, I don't have a problem with it. If someone asks how I've lost the weight I let them know. I guess I don't really care what others think about it. If they want to consider it an easy way out, that's their misconception, not mine. Believe me, it's not been easy for me. There has only been one person who has been mean about it, and she's a bitter old hag anyway so I don't let it bother me. Most everyone else either keeps their opinions to themselves or are very supportive.

JoJo and Sharillo, I'm jealous!!! I'm thrilled to see the success for fellow September people, I just want so badly to feel something, anything resembling the green zone - but so far I could still eat just like before the band. I've got 5.5cc in a 14cc band. I just got the last 1.5cc added last week. For the first time, it's sending signals that I'm eating too fast, and not chewing enough, but that's only if a chug a glass of ice Water first. I've stopped eating after my appropriate portion since the fill, so maybe it would stop me at some point, and I just haven't pushed my luck to find out. I just know I'm hungry all the time. I've been so frustrated that I just want to scream. And of course, I'm obsessing over food like crazy. I feel like my life is all about denial right now - all the foods & quantities I shouldn't eat but want to, and all the goals that just seem to escape me. I wish my surgeon would be more aggressive with the fills, but I all but broke out in tears at my last fill appt to get the 1.5cc.

I'm doing well at losing the weight, but it's because of my efforts, not because the band has given me any support yet. I just get frustrated as I haven't hit a goal in a while. I'm .8lbs away from the next one, which will be the half way mark for me, so hope and pray I get that this week!

I also tell anyone who will listen that I have a band. I don't care what people think - I wish the band was "easy", and I'd be just as proud of having the band if it was. How I get there doesn't matter, as long as I get there. The same people who judge me for taking the "easy way out" will judge me for being fat. Either way they're going to judge me, so I might as well let them judge me for having my weight under control!

I was banded on 9/30/11...so far I'm down 85 pounds! I feel wonderful and full of energy. Don't get sick much unless I eat too fast. Bad habit I've got to break. I get a fill every month except I didn't get one this month. I had lost 20 pounds from January 's fill to this months fill so I guess they figured I was doing well enough to not get one. I have so much more self esteem ....I would do this again in a heartbeat!

Wow!! You guys are going so good! I can't even imagine getting to a 80+ pound weight loss....I'm pushing to get 50 off and am struggling. LOL, then I'll still have another 60 or so to go just to get to my personal goal which will still be considered overweight for my height. I've been trying to up my exercise to help drop the pounds a little faster. unsure.png

How is everybody doing ? I was banded Sept. 19, have lost only 75 lbs so far, and last few weeks - "flat line", one pound in- one pound out. Even after the fill-only 3 lbs in a month. Looks like my body got used to small amounts and few miles brisk walk every day. Though my food choices are wierd and wrong - I can't eat healthier things like salads, chicken, even moist and soft, have problems with veggy Soups ( !!), but nuts, hard crackers, cheese, chocolate, cake, etc go through with no problem. I know it is not right, but after trying to be good all day, end up with this staff. Thanks G-d I don't like ice-cream )).

Can't even tell I am very hungry. Anyone else is stuck like that ?

Hi Dalex,

You just said, " I have only lost 75 pounds since Sept 19th". WELL.......I too was banded on Sept 19th 2011. I have lost only 40 pounds. I started out being a complete angel and my weight loss was still so slow. I have had 4 fills and and a slight unfill. I did not want an unfill but it was necesary. I walk every day and make pretty good food choices with the exception of sweets. I still have a problem with them. I LOVE THEM. I eat so little compared to my former self and make an effort every day. I track all of my food via MY FITNESS PAL and take all of my Vitamins and get at least 100 grams of Protein a day. I cannot believe that i have only lost 40 pounds. I too am going up a pound, down a pound.....constantly. I would be curious to know why you cannot eat salad, chicken and the like. So what do you eat for protein? Are you still drinking Protein Shakes? How many calories a day to you shoot for? Just curious? I feel frustrated and am constantly comparing myself to every YOU TUBE video I can find. I keep asking my doctor why my loss is so slow and he tells me I am fine. It seems the only time I actually lose the weight is right after a fill when I am eating mostly liquids.

I would love to hear back from you and anyone else who was banded around this time. I am wondering about other people's successes.

Brynne E

I was banded Sept. 12 and 75 pounds loss would be awesome! I have only lost 42 lbs. I am happy with that but it has slowed down and mine weight loss is similar to Brynne's where as I lose a few pounds right after a fill but then it slows down. I have 8.5 cc's in a 14 cc band. I stay full longer but I can still guzzle Water and I have no problem eating anything. I go back at the end of this month to see where I am at so we will see what she says.