Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first fill Friday and I've lost 2 lbs already! I'm eating normal food. I feel full fairly quickly and that is it. I put down my fork and I'm done. I'm up to an hour in the gym 2-3 x week and walk on other days. I'm literally working my butt off in the gym. :)

Nearly 8 weeks post op and no regrets.

Hello fellow September bandsters. I haven't posted much but follow this thread religiously. I love the support and encouragement. I, too, am struggling with the exercise portion of my new lifestyle. Since it started getting colder I haven't been on my bike at all. sad.gif I need to get walking but for some reason can't get the motivation. Argh.... I have had one fill and have my second one on the day before Thanksgiving. Yikes, what was I thinking when I ok'd that appt? Oh well, I guess it's not too big of a deal since it will just be my hubby and me this year. I'll make him a turkey and I'll have mashed taters if I can tolerate them. I was wondering if any of you use a fitbit. I've seen lots of good reviews for them and was thinking of asking Santa for one for Christmas...

Hi everyone! I am so excited I broke through the plateau I have been at for about a week and saw 187.2 on the scale this am instead of the constant 188 I have grown o hate to see on the scale. So, I started a new job today. I have not worked since I had my oldest in 1999 and now, 4 kids later, I figure it is time sor me to make a little income since they are all in school now. I got a job at The Arc of San Diego ( they have The Arc all over the US). Today was the first day of training so I packed me a lunch but had to be there at 8 so I skipped Breakfast. Oh my gosh, I was so hungry today! I took a Greek yogurt and a 4 oz container of cottage cheese. By the time I got home I was starving..... I will be prepared to eat breakfast in the am for sure. I have training all this week and Monday and Tuesday of next week and im praying it is not as boring as today was. We sat at tables and went over paperwork, policies, that stuff for 8 hours. It was like watching paint dry for 8 hours..... I think the rest of the week is going to be more interactive stuff so it shouldn't be so painful, lol. Wish me luck!

Sharilo, I struggle with exercise as well, so you are definitely not alone. I know what I need to do, but doing it is a whole nother story. So wishing I had a friend to go to the gym with, at least in the beginning. I think I am just scared of going there and getting started alone.

Dawn, congrats on your job and breaking your plateau. I learned last week that we really need to plan our eating if we are out and about. Perhaps a ready to drink Protein shake to grab on the go if you can't get in time for breakfast.

So wishing I had a friend to go to the gym with, at least in the beginning. I think I am just scared of going there and getting started alone.

Exactly! I am terrible at doing new things by myself. It's really really hard for me, even when I take a xanax for two. LOL! I really wish I could get over that fear.

Hello fellow September bandsters. I haven't posted much but follow this thread religiously. I love the support and encouragement. I, too, am struggling with the exercise portion of my new lifestyle. Since it started getting colder I haven't been on my bike at all. sad.gif I need to get walking but for some reason can't get the motivation. Argh.... I have had one fill and have my second one on the day before Thanksgiving. Yikes, what was I thinking when I ok'd that appt? Oh well, I guess it's not too big of a deal since it will just be my hubby and me this year. I'll make him a turkey and I'll have mashed taters if I can tolerate them. I was wondering if any of you use a fitbit. I've seen lots of good reviews for them and was thinking of asking Santa for one for Christmas...

I am getting a fill 2 days before Thanksgiving, but I have to admit I knew what I was doing. I was hoping that would help keep me under control!! I'm headed to my folks "up north" (north west Wisconsin), and will be there for a week and a half for vacation. Thank heavens my mother supports me! My dad supports me too, but if I told him I wanted a piece of pecan pie, he'd give it to me. My mother will at least try to discourage me.

I do have a fitbit, and I can not tell you enough how much I love love love it. I don't have anyone to go to the gym with either, but it totally keeps me accountable. It sets goals of 10,000 steps per day, 5 miles per day, 10 flights of stairs per day, tells you how many calories you've burned through activity, and compares that to the food you log. I log every bite of food I eat, and there is one thing I never let happen - and that is eating more than I burn in a day. I hit the treadmill in the basement, walk up and down stairs, pace around the house, or pull out one of my Wii games - anything to get my calories burned above what I've eaten. Most of the time, I'm stubborn enough to do all of the above just to hit the goals it sets for me, and my calorie burn is 1500 to 2500 more than I consume. Weight loss has been good since I got it, but I haven't weighed myself in a week and a half, because I had a bad weekend and I'm afraid. For me, it is worth every penny. Side note though, there is a fitbit and a fitbit ultra. Get the Ultra, because it tracks flights of stairs, the original does not. Both are the same price, so it's crazy not to get the one that tracks stairs.

On a personal note, I will be going to a funeral for my former mother-in-law on Friday, and I've got so much anxiety over this, that I'm making myself sick. I would normally turn to food, so this is a real test for me to stay on track. I've stayed on pretty good terms with my ex, but his parents and sister burned all ties with me, because we had no kids. He said he's only inviting 3 people, and it's really important to him to have me there, and doesn't care about how his father and sister feel about it. At family gatherings, they always made jokes about me having to go to Omar the tent maker to get clothes to fit, or some other joke about my size, and it always hurt me badly. And that's how they treated me before the divorce. God, please give me the strength to get through this with my head held high, and without turning to food. If only there was a way to loose 100lbs before Friday...

That is awful about your exes family. Sometimes I just hate people. How much is this fitbit thing. I would like to check it out. How much weight have you lost?? I was banded on 9-1-11 and have lost 35 lbs. Not sure if that is good or not but I am happy with it. I think it's a good idea getting the fill before Thanksgiving though I have never over done it on that day. We make a very simple dinner. I hope it goes well with the exes family. They seem like they need a slap upside there heads.;)

I am getting a fill 2 days before Thanksgiving, but I have to admit I knew what I was doing. I was hoping that would help keep me under control!! I'm headed to my folks "up north" (north west Wisconsin), and will be there for a week and a half for vacation. Thank heavens my mother supports me! My dad supports me too, but if I told him I wanted a piece of pecan pie, he'd give it to me. My mother will at least try to discourage me.

I do have a fitbit, and I can not tell you enough how much I love love love it. I don't have anyone to go to the gym with either, but it totally keeps me accountable. It sets goals of 10,000 steps per day, 5 miles per day, 10 flights of stairs per day, tells you how many calories you've burned through activity, and compares that to the food you log. I log every bite of food I eat, and there is one thing I never let happen - and that is eating more than I burn in a day. I hit the treadmill in the basement, walk up and down stairs, pace around the house, or pull out one of my Wii games - anything to get my calories burned above what I've eaten. Most of the time, I'm stubborn enough to do all of the above just to hit the goals it sets for me, and my calorie burn is 1500 to 2500 more than I consume. Weight loss has been good since I got it, but I haven't weighed myself in a week and a half, because I had a bad weekend and I'm afraid. For me, it is worth every penny. Side note though, there is a fitbit and a fitbit ultra. Get the Ultra, because it tracks flights of stairs, the original does not. Both are the same price, so it's crazy not to get the one that tracks stairs.

On a personal note, I will be going to a funeral for my former mother-in-law on Friday, and I've got so much anxiety over this, that I'm making myself sick. I would normally turn to food, so this is a real test for me to stay on track. I've stayed on pretty good terms with my ex, but his parents and sister burned all ties with me, because we had no kids. He said he's only inviting 3 people, and it's really important to him to have me there, and doesn't care about how his father and sister feel about it. At family gatherings, they always made jokes about me having to go to Omar the tent maker to get clothes to fit, or some other joke about my size, and it always hurt me badly. And that's how they treated me before the divorce. God, please give me the strength to get through this with my head held high, and without turning to food. If only there was a way to loose 100lbs before Friday...

That is awful about your exes family. Sometimes I just hate people. How much is this fitbit thing. I would like to check it out. How much weight have you lost?? I was banded on 9-1-11 and have lost 35 lbs. Not sure if that is good or not but I am happy with it. I think it's a good idea getting the fill before Thanksgiving though I have never over done it on that day. We make a very simple dinner. I hope it goes well with the exes family. They seem like they need a slap upside there heads.;)

The fitbit & fitbit ultra are both $99, but Best Buy just launched a health and fitness technology department, and are carrying it. They had a deal to get 20% off any of the products in the department, and the fitbit qualified. My friend bought her's there a week and a half ago, so maybe they still have those coupons. It's certainly worth a try - cause $20 is a big difference. btw, my friend loves at as much as I do. She has diabetes, and it tracks her blood sugar too.

Well I definitely want the Fitbit Ultra now! Thanks for the info pugsxs3!!

I hate it when I double post! Sorry blink.gif

How awful of them to treat you that way. Sometimes I just don't understand people. I'm hoping all goes well for you tomorrow(Fri).

Planning Thursday's big dinner and realizing that there are lots of things I always kept on hand in the past that I no longer have. I will be buying the smallest size of all these things so that I won't feel so bad throwing them away after the holidays are over. Brown sugar, regular mayo, shortening, and things like that I never use anymore, but my recipes are old and tried and true and I don't want to try to change them for this one meal.

Well, I didn't do "bad" while on vacation and did get a LOT more walking in - but I didn't lose any weight. Coming back home I feel hungry. Is it possible that the restriction gets to be less when you're close to another fill? Like maybe our body gets used to it and then accommodates the restriction? This doesn't make sense. I'm just trying to rationalize why food is on my mind. I'm not getting my Water in consistently. Exercise is very intermittant. And I have LOT to do to get ready for turkey day. I'll control the things I can't eat by not making special non-dairy versions. The thought of getting sick and nauseous should keep me away from the dressing, pumpkin pie/crust and other carbs. I did find I can eat cornbread without a problem so I added it to the menu. Turkey, sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce with a little gravy will do fine. I do have a pumpkin souffle from costco to have for dessert.

How are the rest of you coping? I agree with the not buying so much food that there are tons of leftovers. That is a good idea. Controlling the menu is an advantage. Remember the Weight Watchers trick - eat only the pumpkin pie filling and not the crust to save many calories!

Dressing would be my downfall, which is why I'm making it with butter - so getting sick will keep me from eating it.

The vegetable of choice is asparagus, which I have not yet tried. I'll either try it, or cook myself something else while everyone else has asparagus.

The big thing for me will be having a good breakfast so I don't nibble all through the cooking! Then allowing for a balanced dinner later in the evening.

Hi everyone! Seems like everyone, including me has been busy this week! How did everyone do at Thanksgiving? I did okay with the portion sizes but had about a tablespoon of almost everything. I did however eat a whole roll but I made homemade rolls so I knew they would be good. Anyways, the scale didn't mind and the band didn't mind so I don't feel too bad about Thanksgiving. I scheduled my second fill for after Thanksgiving so I have my second one on Tuesday. I wasn't thinking but my birthday is the next day, the 30th, and I guess my mom and I are not doing our traditional birthday lunch since I will be on liquids, lol. Oh well, we will just go on a later date. That is about all going on here. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I'm happy to report I actually lost 4 pounds this week! Woohoo! Got my second fill Wednesday so that helped with Thanksgiving dinner. regular_smile.gif